• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hines: "[Bethesda] will not be talking about its next game for a long time."

WavyStretch

Neo Member
I hope companies are aware that the tolerance for new last gen "remaster" editions are going low pretty fast now.

I would happily pay £50 for 1080p/60 Oblivion+Skyrim with all DLC on one bluray. Maybe even license the best high resolution texture packs from the PC mod scene. Unique Landscapes for Oblivion too. Never happen but I would love it. Wouldn't be that hard to do with the x86 architecture of the PS4/Xbone either, would it?

What I want to know is what is "Project Greenheart"? Sounds like they are concurently working two games at the same time which would be great and explaines the unusually long wait from Skyrim (2011). TES VI and Fallout 4? I think so..

What I want to know is what is "Project Greenheart"? Sounds like they are concurently working two games at the same time which would be great and explaines the unusually long wait from Skyrim (2011). TES VI and Fallout 4? I think so..

There hasn't been an unusually long wait time though. Fallout 4 went into full production in early 2012 after the Skyrim dlc was finished. The game has been in development for 2 years. Bethesda games usually take 3 years or more. I'm not sure why people are saying this isn't par the course.

There hasn't been an unusually long wait time though. Fallout 4 went into full production in early 2012 after the Skyrim dlc was finished. The game has been in development for 2 years. Bethesda games usually take 3 years or more. I'm not sure why people are saying this isn't par the course.

Its been two and a half years since Skyrim was released and not even an announcement yet. Being optimistic the earliest the next game releases is late 2015 which would be four years since Skyrim. Again this is the earliest..

every time I think about how much I'd love Fallout 4 I'm drawn back to Bethesda's previous titles and after a few hours I'm left thinking "just what the fuck am I thinking"

I hope that the next Fallout game takes writing and questline ques from New Vegas and has a strong and stable engine that actually works on consoles. I don't expect to see this.

every time I think about how much I'd love Fallout 4 I'm drawn back to Bethesda's previous titles and after a few hours I'm left thinking "just what the fuck am I thinking"

I hope that the next Fallout game takes writing and questline ques from New Vegas and has a strong and stable engine that actually works on consoles. I don't expect to see this.

Yeah, I've been on a Fallout kick and over the past month I first played through Fallout New Vegas then once I wrapped that up I jumped into Fallout 3 (my 2008 game of the year). And after New Vegas I just couldn't get back into 3. It's not a bad game, it just feels extremely lacking compared to New Vegas (although 3 runs a hell of a lot better, and I think I prefer its music).

Marcel

Unless BGS pays Chris Avellone or John Gonzales to work on a freelancer basis, good writing and involving quest lines ain't happening.

Gaz_RB

I love that Bethesda is going to put so much time into their next game. i hope it's next gen only, then we are going to have a serious beast of a game on our hands.

Peter...
Hide. In shame. Over that piece of crap ESO.

He and his developing studio had like nothing to do with it

Shady859

FALLOUT
FALLOUT
FALLOUT
FALLOUT

I am ready, please be hurry!

EDIT: No don't hurry to much temptation to hit dieing platforms.

because secrets.

good, i hope Bethesda has many leaks to come then. fuck off with all this ridiculous secrecy concerning videogames.

I'm also of the mindset that, no matter how much I want another Bethesda game, if the wait means it's new gen exclusive then by all means take all the time you need.

FALLOUT
FALLOUT
FALLOUT
FALLOUT

I am ready, please be hurry!

EDIT: No don't hurry to much temptation to hit dieing platforms.

I don't think there's even the tiniest sliver of a chance that Bethesda is doing cross gen for their upcoming flagship titles.

"I've been doing it for a few years now, and this is the first time that I've actually spoken about it," he said in an e-mail. "I tend to plan ahead a little and time things appropriately. Timing really is what makes or breaks a rumor."

"I do it all just because I personally find it entertaining," Jesse said. "Got to do something to keep the boredom away."
wow, fuck that guy.

so would Kotaku be able to find someone at BSG that'd be willing to leak some actual information about the game? lol.

Rojo

They have to make sure the engine can run the game longer then 1 min bursts without crashing....as you can read they are having some issues. Kappa.

untitledbzjlm.png

Meh :(

Bonus (fake?) image:

So every question must be reffered to peter hines. Makes 100% sense.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
If they really have nothing to show at E3 than that's disappointing.....and I would say oh well there's always the VGAs but after VGX last year I'm not sure if that's even a thing anymore.

Top Bottom