• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hiroshi Yamauchi dies at 85 (Nikkei)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP, Yamauchi.

An absolute legend and pioneer, and a true visionary of the game industry. We wouldn't be where we are today without him.

boi

Neo Member
Holy shit. Guy was eternal in my book. RIP

Really wondering what this means for Nintendo and Iwata. Wasnt he a majority shareholder and wasnt he the reason Iwata could stay in his position?

Rehynn

Hits harder than I expected.

The man was a legend, responsible for the creation of the modern video game business, as well as the image of Nintendo as a secretive, somewhat intimidating and mystical company.

Labadal

Rest in Peace.

He did sometimes do things that made me scratch my head, but he is also the reason Nintendo are in the video games industry.

RIP :(

I'm kinda surprised Nintendo doesn't mention that on their Homepage at all. They should go the Apple/SJ way. The man deserved it.

JoeM86

Without him, the landscape of gaming would be vastly different, and probably wouldn't exist in its current form. He was a great man. May he rest in peace

RIP

This is the last thing I expected to see this morning. It's so weird. Yamauchi has always felt like such a permanent part of Nintendo.

hiroshi-yamauchi.jpg

Damn this one hurt :^(

Without him, the landscape of gaming would be vastly different, and probably wouldn't exist in its current form. He was a great man. May he rest in peace
His passing may yet have a large influence on the landscape of gaming. He was a big backer of Iwata's after all.

wow... I can't believe he is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom