• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hiroshi Yamauchi dies at 85 (Nikkei)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JavyOO7

I truly thought he was going to live forever.

I'm going to buy Game Over since I lost my original copy. I always liked reading the sections about Mr. Yamauchi. RIP...

Petrae

It's a day of reflection for me. I understand that Mr. Yamauchi wasn't the nicest man and was known to rule with a tight grip during his active time with Nintendo, but what he started there and the team that he put together to make Nintendo the power in video games that it became is so very significant.

I'll be starting a fresh read of David Sheff's Game Over, reacquainting myself with Yamauchi's history and the history of the company that he held so dear.

Sushigod7

Guy was a legend RIP, seriously if anyone wants to know a lot about him read Game Over by David Sheff, great book about the beginnings of Nintendo this guy was a beast, very very good business sense.

Nzyme32

RIP

Amazing how his work has shaped so many lives and the entire industry we know today. The definition of a legend

GimMick

I couldn't believe at first when I saw this thread showing up today, did a double take. :(

May you rest in peace, and thank you for all of what you did for gaming in general.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I don't feel like saying RIP to someone I didn't know, but you gotta respect the man. I'm sure he was an asshole to deal with, but at the same time he made Nintendo and our childhoods what they are.

One of the past century's greatest businessmen for sure.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
WOW! I didn't expect this... Jesus Christ ;_;

R.I.P.

Bulbasaur

Banned
RIP

I have to say a lot of my fond childhood memories can pretty much be attributed to this guy so mad respect & thanks go to him. 85 is a decent run. I hope the company continues with his vision.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I wonder what the gaming industry would look like without Yamauchi... I'm so sad right now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom