• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman Absolution Announced (2012, PS3/360/PC, Teaser) [Update: New Details]

Untracked

Jay-B said:
Hitman games live or die by their level design. I just hope they spend a shitload of time coming up with creative, exciting and complex new missions that will be as memorable as"A new life" in Blood Money.

Also, they better have a fucking Ave Maria or some epic choir songs in this game. And Jesper Kyd better be back too.
Ahhh... A New Life. My favorite level. So awesome.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
Betrayed by those he trusted and hunted by the police, he finds himself at the centre of a dark conspiracy and must embark on a personal journey through a corrupt and twisted world

I would have felt a little better if the capsule premise was 'He's a hitman.'

Interfectum

Betrayed by those he trusted and hunted by the police, he finds himself at the centre of a dark conspiracy and must embark on a personal journey through a corrupt and twisted world

Okay I'm getting a little scared now.

Just make a game where you're a fucking hitman. I don't care about his personal journey. What next... his cloned daughter is kidnapped?

Please don't convictionize Hitman, IO... please. :(

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Interfectum said:
Okay I'm getting a little scared now.

Just make a game where you're a fucking hitman. I don't care about his personal journey. What next... his cloned daughter is kidnapped?

Please don't convictionize Hitman, IO... please. :(

Let's hope they don't Kane & Lynchonize it ( since K&L guys will most likely be the guys who will work on it)

Cuban Legend said:
Sounds like Splinter Cell Conviction to me, oh well...

oh come on now, that synopsis could be said of all the previous Hitman games :D there is always something like this as a "storyline" but it's still all about them separate cool missions. Just the first and last missions are story related ;D

Pachimari

Hmmm... apparently one of those who has been working on the game posted on a danish website:

Nu må jeg endelig gerne snakke om det spil jeg har arbejdet på det sidste stykke tid... Eller, offenliggøre det i hvertfald, stadig begrænset hvad jeg må sige.

Men jeg kan sige at der er kommet nye boller på suppen i forhold til de gamle spil

Which could be translated to something like this: "But I can say that there are new rules of engagement in relation to the old games" Or, that it's filled with new elements compared to the old games.

Let's see what the announcement tomorrow contains.

spidye

Cuban Legend said:
34hudxdd72o.gif

Keeping my eyes and ears peeled on this game now.
I swear I'll cut myself if they do this. dumb developers already destroyed many of my favourite franchises this gen. please let hitman be hitman and not bourne.

Messi

Anastacio said:
Hmmm... apparently one of those who has been working on the game posted on a danish website:

Which could be translated to something like this: "But I can say that there are new rules of engagement in relation to the old games" Or, that it's filled with new elements compared to the old games.

Shit :(

Pooya

Press release said:
COPENHAGEN (May 10, 2011) — IO Interactive A/S, part of Square Enix Europe, is pleased to announce HITMAN® ABSOLUTION™, a new game for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, and Windows PC.

HITMAN ABSOLUTION follows Agent 47™, a cold-blooded assassin, who takes on his most dangerous contract to date. Betrayed by those he once trusted — and now hunted by the police — he suddenly finds himself at the center of a dark conspiracy and must embark on a personal journey through a corrupt and twisted world.

“For the first time we are taking Agent 47 on a personal journey which allows us to explore other parts of the Hitman® fantasy,” said Tore Blystad, game director, IO Interactive. “This is both a familiar and yet significantly different experience from other Hitman games; something our silent assassins will relish, as will all those new to the Hitman world.”

Showcasing IO Interactive’s new proprietary Glacier 2™ technology, the game has been built from the ground up. Boasting a cinematic story, distinctive art direction and highly original game design, HITMAN ABSOLUTION combines much-loved classic gameplay with completely new features never seen before in the Hitman franchise.

HITMAN ABSOLUTION will be showcased by invitation only at the upcoming Electronic Entertainment Expo in Los Angeles from June 7-9.

HITMAN ABSOLUTION is not yet rated. Please visit the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) website at www.esrb.org for more information about ratings.

For more information and updates about HITMAN ABSOLUTION, please visit the official website: www.Hitman.com

ArjanN

Cuban Legend said:

But:

"Betrayed by those he trusted and hunted by the police, he finds himself at the centre of a dark conspiracy and must embark on a personal journey through a corrupt and twisted world"

could have been a summary of any of the Hitman games so far. That literally happened in every game!

Interfectum

Anastacio said:

n2ewdz.gif

Don't do it IO... don't you dare fucking do it.

I think it'd be pretty hard to fuck up a Hitman game, honestly. The only way that'd happen is if they shove us into endless corridors and force us to shoot guys all of the time. Since it's highly unlikely either of those will happen (knock on wood), I don't think we have much to worry about. I'm pretty positive the unique level designs will return, along with the freedom of execution regarding mission objectives. It's still being made by IO, meaning that even if some key developers have left, the core blueprints to the series will still be sitting around the offices.

BlackBeltBambi

Neo Member
Anastacio said:

Stick to Roots, please! No MP or Kung-Fu!

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
miladesn said:
“This is both a familiar and yet significantly different experience from other Hitman games; something our silent assassins will relish, as will all those new to the Hitman world.”
HITMAN ABSOLUTION combines much-loved classic gameplay with completely new features never seen before in the Hitman franchise.

I'm staying postive

Noisepurge said:
oh come on now, that synopsis could be said of all the previous Hitman games :D there is always something like this as a "storyline" but it's still all about them separate cool missions. Just the first and last missions are story related ;D
You can sprinkle as much confetti on shit as you like but it's only going to be confetti covered shit.

Seriously though, I'm not going to set myself up for disaster here by getting needlessly hyped without gameplay being shown yet. So I'm going to lower my expectation as much as possible.

Munin

I think there's at least one IOI guy who posts here on GAF. So I'd like this person to relay to the rest his colleagues that if you guys fuck this up, I'm gonna give Diana a call to set up a very special contract.

Seriously though. I think IOI knows they got a lot of flak for Kane & Lynch. If anyone is going to fuck things up, it will be Square pressuring them into a mainstream direction.

MG310

I just hope they do something about the awkwardness of the hand to hand combat - maybe some quick kills from the front depending on weapon?

The punch-punch-headbutt combo and disarm need to not be your only options. I want the core gameplay to be the same, but maybe add in some of the more streamlined killing methods of Assassin's Creed.

Seda

Messi said:
What should we expect from a formal announcement?

I'm not sure, I figured a formal announcement was a press release, but we already have that.

Also, can a mod change the thread title to what I have in the OP? Please and thank you!

Messi

Seda said:
I'm not sure, I figured a formal announcement was a press release, but we already have that.

Also, can a mod change the thread title to what I have in the OP? Please and thank you!

Thats what I was thinking, but some ingame screens would be nice, pushing it asking for a trailer.

MG310 said:
I just hope they do something about the awkwardness of the hand to hand combat - maybe some quick kills from the front depending on weapon?

That reminds me of John Marston's attacks from Red Dead Redemption. If you get close enough up-front, he either gut-shots the enemy or puts the rifle barrel underneath their chin and pulls the trigger. Something like that, with a silenced weapon, would be a nice new way of taking out a target. Or an unarmed Vulcan nerve pinch from behind, whilst unarmed.

Interfectum

spidye said:
I swear I'll cut myself if they do this. dumb developers already destroyed many of my favourite franchises this gen. please let hitman be hitman and not bourne.

I'm gonna join this. If they dumb down or gimp Hitman I'm gonna cut myself.

demolitio

Reinstalling the last Hitman game now...Damn you hype!

Any Hitman game that looks decent will be better than most games out there. Every other stealth game has moved away from that stealth so this could be a pretty unique game.

Please be like blood money with even more options and missions !!!

Hitman Blood Money was one of the most criminally under-appreciated games EVER.

So good.

Cannot wait for this.

BTW, somebody NEEDS to cap that scene with the snake and the gun for an avatar.

spicy cho

I think I'm going to replay Silent Assassin as I've played BM like 5 times. Such a good series, so scared they're going to pull a ubisoft though. Fingers crossed.

Interfectum

The Antitype said:
Hitman Blood Money was one of the most criminally under-appreciated games EVER.

Nailed it.

To this day it is the only Xbox 360 game I got 1000/1000 achievements in... and that's after I played the game for 30+ hours on PC. :eek:

The creative freedom you have in that game is amazing.

Badoor

Neo Member
Xater said:
It has been way too long for this game. They wasted their fucking time with that Kane and Lynch garbage.
I'd love if their was a mission to Assassinate Kane & Lynch in the game.

Enosh

Marsha Thomason
I am in Hitman Absolution! So exciting! I play Diana. Yes, this year I will mostly be playing characters named Diana!!

first voice actress "confirmed"?

http://twitter.com/#!/Marsha_Thomason/status/68041750266134528

Untracked

Enosh said:
Marsha Thomason
I am in Hitman Absolution! So exciting! I play Diana. Yes, this year I will mostly be playing characters named Diana!!

first voice actress "confirmed"?

http://twitter.com/#!/Marsha_Thomason/status/68041750266134528
I'm gonna miss the old Diana's voice. (Vivienne McKee).
Oh well, change is good... I guess. Marsha Thomason has a cool voice. Hope she can do a posh british accent.

Enosh

she also has a picture of her doing mo-cap on her twitter so I assume Diana will play a more active role in the new game?

Enosh

Untracked said:
Playable Diana confirmed?!
OK, now I'm worried...
they need to do motion capture for NPCs too ^^
so no, most probably not playable, just there and in a biger role than just a voice

Top Bottom