• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman Absolution Announced (2012, PS3/360/PC, Teaser) [Update: New Details]

They better not pull a "Conviction" on this great franchise or else...

I just hope they stick to the roots of how a Hitman game plays. In other words, that you can finish a level any ways you want. Just keep the freedom you had in Blood Money and this will not bomb.

Interfectum said:
Okay I'm getting a little scared now.

Just make a game where you're a fucking hitman. I don't care about his personal journey. What next... his cloned daughter is kidnapped?

Please don't convictionize Hitman, IO... please. :(

To be fair, the entire plot of Blood Money revolved around a conspiracy involving 47, although cleverly, the plot was usually a side show to the missions. Because of this, the level design was free from the constraints of the plot. In other words, they could set a mission at a wedding in the Deep South or in a upmarket Californian suburb because they wanted it to be set there, not because the plot dictated that 47 "should be in X doing Y at this point in time". More game should do this.

Messi said:
Are you sure you are playing hitman correctly lol :)
All I know about Hitman I learned from the movie. What kind of hitman moves through the shadows killing silently when they can shoot and slice like it's straight-up dawg time?

IO: please don't change Agent 47 in any way. I just couldn't live with a beard-toting, grizzled-hair, jeans and t-shirt wearing 47, that now has a southern accent, and a pice of straw in his mouth.

(that actually sounds pretty amusing)

Any news if jespyr kidd is doing soundtrack?

Wish they could get Amon Tobin (Chaos Theory's soundtrack is by far some of his best stuff)

Soda

I'm going to quit videogames if I am forced to do any action sequence no matter how stealth I am.

The only time this was acceptable in BM was when
you are at your own funeral and you wake yourself up to waste everyone in the room and chase down the guy in the wheel chair and beat him with a shovel

Soda said:
I'm going to quit videogames if I am forced to do any action sequence no matter how stealth I am.

The only time this was acceptable in BM was when
you are at your own funeral and you wake yourself up to waste everyone in the room and chase down the guy in the wheel chair and beat him with a shovel

You had to kill people other than the target in the tutorial mission as well, but that was really to show you the different mechanics of the game more than anything else. Love it when a game tells you that you can take people out by shoving them over railings.

Untracked

Enosh said:
they need to do motion capture for NPCs too ^^
so no, most probably not playable, just there and in a biger role than just a voice
Yeah, I'm sure IO know what they're doing.
Will keep my fingers crossed.

There was 2 years between the Blood Money announcement and it actually getting released though. So maybe we'll get to play Absolution in 2013 (I really hope I'm wrong).

Seda

Untracked said:
Yeah, I'm sure IO know what they're doing.
Will keep my fingers crossed.

There was 2 years between the Blood Money announcement and it actually getting released though. So maybe we'll get to play Absolution in 2013 (I really hope I'm wrong).

Many sites are saying 2012, even though the PR doesnt say.

The Dutch Slayer said:
Please be like blood money with even more options and missions !!!

This.

ArjanN

Enosh said:
they need to do motion capture for NPCs too ^^
so no, most probably not playable, just there and in a biger role than just a voice

Makes sense as well given that she already had a more active role at the end of Blood Money.

Badoor

Neo Member
ArjanN said:
All the hitman games had amazing music by him.
Kane & Lynch 1 was him. But 2 was by someone else. I hope that doesn't mean IO is now ignoring him since he's been busy with all those Assassin's creeds every year.

Angry Fork

Incoming large set pieces, cover based combat facing dozens of guys at once, over the shoulder camera, stealth gameplay completely gone etc. Betting on it 100%. Many will be disappointed. It's been the same with every major last-gen franchise, tons of unnecessary BS changes for the worse.

paskowitz

WTF happened to the stealth genre? MGS is gone. Splinter Cell changed to Jack Bauer: The Game. And as a mechanic it is becoming less and less frequent. Sad. Hopefully Hitman gives it a boost.

If they Conviction this game, I'll...

I'll...

I just probably won't buy it. Hoping for some real stealth, and Hitman style "tons of options" gameplay.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Angry Fork said:
Incoming large set pieces, cover based combat facing dozens of guys at once, over the shoulder camera, stealth gameplay completely gone etc. Betting on it 100%. Many will be disappointed. It's been the same with every major last-gen franchise, tons of unnecessary BS changes for the worse.

Dammit, man! Can't we have at least one good untouched franchise this gen?

Van Buren

As a fan of all the Hitman games, I'm hoping IO Interactive does not follow the current-gen trend of trying to appeal to the shooter crowd and fundamentally changing what makes the series great.

Just exhibit the creativity found in Blood Money with regards to 'accidents' and level design, and I'll sing praises for the game, despite however janky the animations might look, etc. Just play to the strengths of the series.

Oh, and re-enlist Jesper Kyd. The absence of Kyd for Kane & Lynch 2 after IO Interactive worked with him over so many games is a worry.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
hitman5dudebro_ynz9.jpg

If they make it some retarded cover shooter or dumb it down I'm going to mail an envelope full of human excrement to IO Interactive.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Cautious but still very excited.

I need more Hitman... but on that note I really need to do a proper playthrough of Contracts and Silent Assassin.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Interfectum said:
Nailed it.

To this day it is the only Xbox 360 game I got 1000/1000 achievements in... and that's after I played the game for 30+ hours on PC. :eek:

The creative freedom you have in that game is amazing.
See, taken from an absolutely objective standpoint, Blood Money has its share of problems. Areas that could be improved, annoying flaws.

But when you look at it from the standpoint that there's really nothing else like it out there, and that what it does is so ridiculously awesome, its an absolute gem of a game, and way way underappreciated.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
The Dutch Slayer said:
I definitely agree. IO's last chance for redemption.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
paskowitz said:
Not liking the Rambo-ification... :(
Its fake.

Man, I still remember, I bought the Hitman Collection on Steam just over a year ago, on a whim, because I wanted to get into the stealth genre. I had no idea that I had just bought what would become one of my favorite games of all time.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
paskowitz said:
Not liking the Rambo-ification... :(

5HITMAN is the only true title, screw Absolution.

Yes I know it's fake.

jonnyp

SamuraiX- said:
I fucking hate teasers.

So utterly pointless unless you just happen to live under a rock and haven't heard news about this game from like a month ago.

I agree. CG teasers are a waste of time, people and money.

Soda

Messi said:
Smiley face made me think it was a joke :). It could be diana. There is no one else that it could be.

if you look really closely, you can see an unusual Dr. Seuss looking smile. I used yellow to highlight it but I guess it did give it a comical appearance.

grinch.jpg

MMaRsu

Banned
hell yeah!! but if they screw this up ill have no faith in ioi ever again . dont change the BM formula too much and we are good

Soda

Revolutionary said:
Not really, unless Pikmin are in the game.

I may not be seeing the whole picture and my eyes could def be playing tricks on me, but without a doubt that is an anthropomorphic object holding a paper of some sorts.

edit: and keep in mind Hitman is a huge fan of ridiculous costumes.

Soda said:
I may not be seeing the whole picture and my eyes could def be playing tricks on me, but without a doubt that is an anthropomorphic object holding a paper of some sorts.

edit: and keep in mind Hitman is a huge fan of ridiculous costumes.
It looks like a bathroom, with a stack of paper towels on the ledge. The red could be a vase of flowers or something.

Top Bottom