• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogan on FOX doc show: "As far as the black community and using that word, it's not part of who I am now."

L Thammy

PSqueak

Banned
Did he have a stroke writing this? Shit, did I have a stroke reading this?

No, he's just basically using too much wrestling lingo that it becomes impossible for outsiders to understand.

It's been explained here in gaf many times, but i forget how exactly it goes.

Not saying it's fine, just that he's gotten a disproportionate amount of grief after he's repeatedly apologized for it and basically been blacklisted from WWE for 2 years. The tape was recorded over ten years ago.

You've got to forgive people at some point.

They have to apologize or show remorse first.

What a lovely way of putting the burden on everyone except the person who said it.

You musta been living under a rock somewhere becuase Hogan got caught, had recorded tape and audio come out, got fired, got into the Gawker trial over this, got Gawker shut down. All years ago.

I mean I figured it would happen because there wasn't any reason to necrobump the old thread, but this was huge news back in 2015.

You missed the obvious Dwayne Johnson joke! You totally Billy Gunn'd that one.

Zach

Did he have a stroke writing this? Shit, did I have a stroke reading this?

No, he's just basically using too much wrestling lingo that it becomes impossible for outsiders to understand.

It's been explained here in gaf many times, but i forget how exactly it goes.

Goodnight, FANS and foolish suckers without a life who don't realize it's a storyline when the actors are acting out the storyline and then you, the foolish suckers, get upset thinking something is real, when in fact it is a storyline, suckers.

Slayven

Let me help.

"He's irredeemable, but that's for taking down that one shitty website on the internet"

Now if you said that at first i could understand. But it is different then the original post.
He said a dumb racist thing, sure. But he's almost redeemable for single-handedly destroying GAWKER.
Your original post posited that he was almost redeemable simply for taking down gawker, that dehumanizing black people was a fine trade off for getting rid of one site.

BFIB

Him and Trump have a lot in common when it comes to their daughters.

fif.jpg

Him being a Trump supporter makes a lot of sense.

Brakke

Banned
I mean. The thing that was bad wasn't that he said the n-word. It wasn't some casual slip. He said the n-word a bunch of times in the context of being supremely racist, all disappointed that he daughter wasn't at least fucking a big basketball n***** if she was gunna stoop so low as to fuck a n**** at all.

legacyzero

Banned
I figure that you in particular should be trying to understand people's reactions rather than getting defensive after your last ban, but do what you're going to do, I guess.
My post was misunderstood. I called it out.
Now if you said that at first i could understand. But it is different then the original post.

Your original post posited that he was almost redeemable simply for taking down gawker, that dehumanizing black people was a fine trade off for getting rid of one site.

You cut off the final word of the post.

"almost"

My post wasn't meant to celebrate him. Sorry if you took it that way.

Slayven

remember he wasn't just saying it in the gawker tape, he said it in a phone conversation with his son in jail he knew was record. He tried to egg his son into saying it, but he was like "nah pop that ain't right"

L Thammy

Nah, anyone who had these kinds of rules for his restaurant is racist as shit.

...Wait, doesn't Hogan wear half this stuff too? Like I get what it's trying to do, but could it be so racist that Hogan bans himself from his own restaurant?

And isn't a bunch of the banned stuff appropriate beach attire, which it claims is required? :S

legacyzero

Banned
Reminds me of when Dog the Bounty Hunter went on his tirade. Strange how he got to keep a show afterwards.
Worked yourself into a shoot, brother.

Sounds like you need to educate yourself on the Gawker case, might I recommend the Netflix documentary, Nobody Speak: Trials of the Free Press.

Hogan deserves no credit for destroying Gawker. Fuck Hulk Hogan.

Aw man, I misunderstood the whole thing. My apologies.

Now to google wtf a shoot/mark means

Top Bottom