• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn - E3 Screenshots

Man, this game is a treat for the eyes. It's so beautiful. GG really have something special here. I thought that after Uncharted 4 I couldn't be wowed by another PS4 game, but Horizon is proving me wrong. Simply stunning.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I just can't handle this game.
giphy.gif

Did you get to play the demo?
I watched Mike Damiani play for a bit.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
will you be satisfied if it ended up like Dragon's dogma where the story is mediocre, but everything gameplay related is fun like combat, monster hunting and exploring?
I love Dragon's Dogma and Monster Hunter, so yes. :)

But, if it can also have a great story and good writing Fallout New Vegas-style, welllllllll.... :)

Ferr986

will you be satisfied if it ended up like Dragon's dogma where the story is mediocre, but everything gameplay related is fun like combat, monster hunting and exploring?

Totally.

Game looks so fucking good. So glad Gerrilla took some risk instead of doing another TLOU game.

Apathy

The game looks insanely good. Really like the aesthetic.

My only gripe is I wish it looked as vibrant in its palette as some of the artwork, but it looks really damn good nonetheless so it's not much of a complaint.

horizon-zero-dawn-646x325.jpg

As I look at the actual game more, it is likely that I'll come to enjoy that execution of it better anyway.

Seems like a different season to be honest. The gameplay stuff has been in what looks more like a fall/almost getting to winter season whereas the concept art makes it seem more summer, just going off the colour palette

Still wondering if this will be the earth in the future or a whole different planet Cause if it's the earth, and we're talking about technology, GG will sneak in some easter egg in there with like a sony branded something in some rubble or something like that.

Also, Aloy, come on, bluetooth ear pieces are so 2000's lol

ReaperXL7

I really want to know what happens if you attack the robo giraffes, or even better what happens if you can "tame" them.

Hmmm maybe Neo only does need to go 2.5x more powerful if regular Ps4 can do this. Man, I might not upgrade until next year...

I think those giant walking dinobots will one shot kill u...

JakR

So far, off the top of my head we've seen:

Thundermaws - Thunderjaw?
The Satellite headed Giraffe looking robots
The Watchers, the little raptor ones
The robo crocodile
The giant bird
The bull - broadhead
The Boar
The Sabertooth Tiger
The ancient scorpion bot - Corruptor
The Crab/Turtle bots - shell walker - from the latest live demo

I hope I remembered the names of the bolded machines right.^^

What I really want in this game to be able to climb this diskraffes and wanderwith this giant robots, slow and with majesty through the land. In the meanwhile you are looking frkm above and taking in the gorgeous environments and wven the mighty Thunderjaw seems small. :D

Omgg sexy indeed. Does anyone else just want models of the Machines. All of their designs are so freakin good.
I want a model kit or action figure toys that I can pose around. I hope this game blows up big in japan. Maybe then Bandai or Kotobukiya will license and make a model kit line out of it.

Espada

I really want to know what happens if you attack the robo giraffes, or even better what happens if you can "tame" them.

My cynical mind went immediately to "they're just the Horizon equivalent of Far Cry radio towers". Hopefully it's something other than that, though.

LifeBrandRobot said:
Omgg sexy indeed. Does anyone else just want models of the Machines. All of their designs are so freakin good.
I'd love to have twelve inch models of the Radaraffes (I wonder what their real name is) and Thunderjaws.

Not ashamed to admit Horizon is the main reason I bought a PS4 despite having a good computer with many games already. Though after the reveal I'm trying to avoid new information to keep the experience as raw as possible. Just hope they'll go for quality over quantity. Open world games have a big problem with that.

Man this game is gorgeous!!! Hope it can stick to the February release date it has. I don't think I could wait any longer to play this.

Thunder Lobster

Neo Member
This looks like the kind of game I want to lay next to a fire and play. I just want to exist in that snowy place. Too bad this won't make it out before Christmas.

Seems like a different season to be honest. The gameplay stuff has been in what looks more like a fall/almost getting to winter season whereas the concept art makes it seem more summer, just going off the colour palette

Still wondering if this will be the earth in the future or a whole different planet Cause if it's the earth, and we're talking about technology, GG will sneak in some easter egg in there with like a sony branded something in some rubble or something like that.

Also, Aloy, come on, bluetooth ear pieces are so 2000's lol

It's confirmed to be set on earth, in a post-post apocaliptic setting

horizon-zero-dawn-image-5.jpg

horizon-zero-dawn-image-6.jpg

horizon-zero-dawn-image-7.jpg

horizon-zero-dawn-image-8.jpg

horizon-zero-dawn-image-1.jpg

horizon-zero-dawn-image-2.jpg

Apathy

I hope there's more than just the bow.. but my god that looks amazing.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=207490931&postcount=65

From the inventory screenshot someone got from the livestream today, looks like bow, line gun, staff, spear, slingshot, fist

It's confirmed to be set on earth, in a post-post apocaliptic setting

If that's the case, then I'm going to go on a hunt to see if GG did end up putting a Sony easter egg in there

Top Bottom