• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn - E3 Screenshots

I wonder if there is a T-Rex in the game. I hope there is.
The T-Rex was shown in the first reveal of this game.

The characters look good, but there's definitely something weird going on with the facial expressions. The guy during the demo...that animation just seemed really off.

19286212462_affd78665d_o.png

I thought of that, but I thought that T-Rex was taller (before searching on google), but yeah, that's a T-Rex.

i don't know? seems like she has manly features, and the hairstyle is just ugly to me, also not a huge a fan as playing as a female so maybe i'm biased. i can look past it if the game is great.

She's not the prettiest game character out there, but I love the fact that she's a normal girl, a girl you could see in the real world, like Elena from the Uncharted games.
Don't be biased, there are a lot of great female characters, if the writing is good she can be one of them.

silva1991

Can I get a shrunk (less than 25 mb) version of this gif pls

Not good at making gifs and made this and looks like shit lol

nBRv1skVPpwdi.gif

TtwBpak.jpg

i don't know? seems like she has manly features, and the hairstyle is just ugly to me, also not a huge a fan as playing as a female so maybe i'm biased. i can look past it if the game is great.

not miss America = manly?

I think her not being so pretty is what makes her great and stands out.

She's not the prettiest game character out there, but I love the fact that she's a normal girl, a girl you could see in the real world, like Elena from the Uncharted games.
Don't be biased, there are a lot of great female characters, if the writing is good she can be one of them.

yea i fell in love with ellie has a character in the last of us, so i can look past it if the game is great and character is likeable.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Waving goodbye to shit-ass flat grass textures has been the absolute best part of this generation. Fucking gorgeous.

February promises to be a gaming binge next year that I'm not sure I can cope with.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
the look of the main character is killing the hype for me.
I don't understand how this can be a real opinion.

omg... -_-

On what planet is Elena not ridiculously pretty? Haha. I agree though, that it's refreshing to see a female character who isn't designed like a supermodel for once.

TtwBpak.jpg

Are you for real? She is pretty in an understated, atypical sort of way, and has features of a woman who is actually athletic / physically capable. Her hair would be typical of a woman with Northerm European heritage who lived within a more tribal society, if our actual history is any indication. I think her design is very realistic and is actually pretty awesome. If you want a photoshopped swimsuit/underwear model, play Tomb Raider.

Apathy

From what was posted earlier that this is earth, and the landmarks shown in last years trailer seem to all be from Colorado, seems the setting would be Colorado. But a jungle like setting is not the sort of thing the Colorado climate can sustain. I wonder if that is more swampland areas from maybe a more southern part of the US or if being so far in the future something fucked up weather and climate to allow Colorado to have swamplands

Shredderi

I think Aloy looks great and one of the reasons for that is that she isn't a dazzling beauty, a flower in the desert, if you will. It makes her more believable in the context of the world where there propably isn't a huge emphasis on enhancing one's beauty with makeup etc.

wapplew

Are you for real? She is pretty in an understated, atypical sort of way, and has features of a woman who is actually athletic / physically capable. Her hair would be typical of a woman with Northerm European heritage who lived within a more tribal society, if our actual history is any indication. I think her design is very realistic and is actually pretty awesome. If you want a photoshopped swimsuit/underwear model, play Tomb Raider.

How could actual history indicate a girl 1000 year in the future look like.
Aloy is bea, hope the character building is good, make her a memorable one.

This is how many women in real life look like without makeup and hair styled. She is still a beautiful feminine character, but not sexy. Plus, this is a place of hunting and primitive humans, she is a strong athletic woman.

Seems like a different season to be honest. The gameplay stuff has been in what looks more like a fall/almost getting to winter season whereas the concept art makes it seem more summer, just going off the colour palette

Still wondering if this will be the earth in the future or a whole different planet Cause if it's the earth, and we're talking about technology, GG will sneak in some easter egg in there with like a sony branded something in some rubble or something like that.

Also, Aloy, come on, bluetooth ear pieces are so 2000's lol

They said there would be a seasonal cycle? I assumed they were just different locations.

The game looks insanely good. Really like the aesthetic.

My only gripe is I wish it looked as vibrant in its palette as some of the artwork, but it looks really damn good nonetheless so it's not much of a complaint.

horizon-zero-dawn-646x325.jpg

As I look at the actual game more, it is likely that I'll come to enjoy that execution of it better anyway.
Same, I only wish it was greener!

Also, Aloy, come on, bluetooth ear pieces are so 2000's lol

Considering the context, I'm sure Aloy wouldn't know what a bluetooth ear piece is :p It's probably like alien technology to her.

Anyway, this one the games I'm looking forward to so I hope it turns our well. Best of luck to the developers.

I want a model kit or action figure toys that I can pose around. I hope this game blows up big in japan. Maybe then Bandai or Kotobukiya will license and make a model kit line out of it.

Crossing my fingers. I really like the designs in Bloodborne as well but they never released any figures or anything for that.

bunkitz

Fucking beautiful!

That saber tooth tiger machine, though! And the one that looks like some huge-ass prehistoric crocodile! Shit, I'm so excited to see all the different types of machines we'll encounter in the game. Hmm... It would be cool if there a bestiary in the game. And a gallery thing to view their models.

Top Bottom