• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn - E3 Screenshots

Shin-Ra

My only issue is that her face is a little too flat and isn't really chiseled enough considering her ruggedness. Though, that probably is a necessary sacrifice for it to run on the PS4.
Whaaaaa?

Imagine the horror on some people's faces when they realise Aloy doesn't shave.

Loudninja

For the new page
While the developer was picking up a piece of armor, I noticed an option for the player to “create a job.” Wondering if it was merely a piece of placeholder text, I asked the developer what that did. As it turns out, it’s going to be super useful!

How many times have you wanted to buy a new piece of equipment and been short one random piece of crafting material? It’s annoying, especially if you’re not sure where to track down what you need. In Horizon Zero Dawn, the “create a job” option will generate a quest to give you the items to buy the equipment.

Every game needs to copy this idea ASAP.
http://kotaku.com/horizon-zero-dawn...m_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

Never thought I'd be this excited for a game from Guerilla Games. The Killzone games are fine and certainly pretty but this looks awesome in every way. Hope it all comes together.

Honestly ppl give GG a hard time but their art direction,graphical capabilities and gameplay has always been pretty damn good. Only think they really need to prove is story and characters. Judging by what lil I've seen aloy has a lot more character at least.

My main concern with this game now is the voice acting for the random NPCs and facial animation during conversation. It needs to overhauled before the game releases. It is the difference between a very good game and an amazing game.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?

That is... kind of brilliant actually!

My main concern with this game now is the voice acting for the random NPCs and facial animation during conversation. It needs to overhauled before the game releases. It is the difference between a very good game and an amazing game.

Overhauled? I mean its not Naughty Dog quality in terms of facial animations but I think some of you guys are getting a bit crazy with some of stuff.

Ethelwulf

It will look better in Neo... The new tired and bitter comment. It looks fantastic, can't believe this is open world and running on that hardware.

Lemondish

These things keep getting pointed out, but I don't remember that being much of an issue with Witcher considering how canned and weak the animations were there too. WRPGs tend to have this problem in general, and I know Horizon is shaking up some parts of the formula, but I'm not sure it's smart to expect it to revolutionize the whole genre on its own. That's just setting the title up to fail.

JCreasy

OH!

Well that changes everything. If what I'm looking at it simply a layout for customizable clothes, well that has me hyped.

I want to see her with this hairstyle option:

natalie-dormer-mockingjay-hair-cressida-gi.jpg

47219967.cached.jpg

How come so many put character design so highly? The whole Dante thing was pretty cringe worthy, not talking about his characterization. Now it's "she looks to manly" "I don't like her hair colour" Seriously? How does Horizon turn out? I don't know, yet what I do know is that judging it by her character design is a mistake.

Alo0oy

Banned
How come so many put character design so highly? The whole Dante thing was pretty cringe worthy, not talking about his characterization. Now it's "she looks to manly" "I don't like her hair colour" Seriously? How does Horizon turn out? I don't know, yet what I do know is that judging it by her character design is a mistake.

Character design is important, but most of the criticism seems to be thinly veiled sexism.

Kaizer

Banned
oh my. it looks gorgeous!!!

the lion like enemy reminds me of:
708456050_903.jpg

Holy Shit, no wonder I was sold on this game since the moment it was announced. I've never made the connection between the animal-bots of Horizon & all the badass robots from Zoids. Thanks for this, now I can think of this game as the closest thing we'll ever get to badass AAA Zoids game.

Amazing. Who needs Neo.

If Neo can render this at 1080p60fps... I'm sold!

Edit:
I remember once thinking, at the time, that maybe one day, some day, we could get video games as good looking as FFVIII's FMVs. That was the peak. The end game. The goal.

If I could time travel back twenty years and show this game to my 10 year old self...

THIS! SO MUCH THIS!

Heck, I always wanted to get to the point of the Soul Calibur FMV intro. We're there! Can't believe it! We're REALLY F**KIN' THERE!

Edit 2:
People hating on the look of Aloy? WTF? She's amazing!

Character design is important, but most of the criticism seems to be thinly veiled sexism.

Not important enough to skip a game or hell there are games that have great character design and good, mediocre or bad gameplay to world design to quest design and I can go on. So no it's really not. If you want to play dress up maybe games with fixed character aren't for you.

I will never understand people who have no problem playing as a half-robot half-demon alien ogre, but have trouble relating to a human female.

sn00zer

I will never understand people who have no problem playing as a half-robot half-demon alien ogre, but have trouble relating to a human female.
One of the first games I remember playing with my family is the Tomb Raider series and have never batted eye to a female character being announced. Find it weird when people take issue with it.

I will say the ONE time I had a hard time relating to a female MC was Life is Strange, but that was exacerbated by the fact she was also a highschooler. Just couldnt get past the first episode. Same thing happened with Persona 4 when the only way to level up was to hit on highschoolers.....so yeah.

PS5

Neo Member
Was Guerilla wasted on Killzone? I guess we'll find out. If they can flesh out a decent story with this game, my vote will be a resounding yes.

Top Bottom