• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Out 1

Nice OT.

I finally caved and pre-ordered. Not much risk after all the reviews, I know. My last two pre-orders were Uncharted 4 and The Taken King. Pretty typical.

bunkitz

Europe here:

The design is just beautiful. So glad I got this physical. :-D

Fucking beautiful, man. Bit disappointed, though. I expected it to be a slip case type of thing, like Uncharted 4's Limited Edition. Shame. I prefer those and the uniformity would have been lovely.

valkyre

Excuse my ignorance but after inserting the disc on my ps4 what amount of time should i expect to wait before i am able to start playing? This may seem trivial but it is an important question for my schedule that will determine whether i can play day 1 or not :/

I mean if there is a bunch of downloading patches and installing files, that will take a considerable amount of time I might have to skip day 1...

Loudninja

Excuse my ignorance but after inserting the disc on my ps4 what amount of time should i expect to wait before i am able to start playing? This may seem trivial but it is an important question for my schedule that will determine whether i can play day 1 or not :/

I mean if there is a bunch of downloading patches and installing files, that will take a considerable amount of time I might have to skip day 1...
The install before you can play is like 14GB I think.

That patch is really small as well.

reKon

Banned
I don't think I'll be able to play Dark Souls before this like I wanted. Oh well. I guess Horizon is just going to have to ruin games for me.

Magnus

Going in more blind than usual for a game like this. Gonna enjoy the ride. Super excited for the visual flair on this one. Love the production design, art style and tech on display. My 4KTV and Pro are so ready.

Less than 2 hours!
uJiLYLL.jpg

Fucking beautiful, man. Bit disappointed, though. I expected it to be a slip case type of thing, like Uncharted 4's Limited Edition. Shame. I prefer those and the uniformity would have been lovely.

It's one of these drawer thingys:

I personally find it to look really fancy and nice. It gives a premium feel when you open your vidyagaems with a soft fabric strap. But I can understand the wish for uniformity.

At least the steelbook is of the same design, although seemingly printed with a much higher resolution than UC4. Although I think the halftone effect on UC4 was partially on purpose to give it that poster look.

So far I'm really liking Horizon. Been doing a lot of running, sliding paired with some slow motion bow and arrow action. It's also a pretty game even on my OG PS4 console.

Best game this generation so far for me, I'm sitting at work right now and all I can think about is this game.

Same. I'm really digging the setting of the game. A paradise filled with these robotic monstrosities...what's not to love?

Garlador

For two years, I've wondered if Horizon Zero Dawn would meet my hype levels.

It's sending me a pretty strong message these last few days while I wait on my delivery.
tenor.gif

Jennipeg

Well I just learned that UK didn't get boned with a Friday release and remembered there's only 28 days in Feb.

*clicks pre-order on PSN* ^_^

Same here, I just realised its out Wednesday. I'm so excited! Not sure why we couldn't get a Tuesday release but I'm not complaining.

bunkitz

It's one of these drawer thingys:

I personally find it to look really fancy and nice. It gives a premium feel when you open your vidyagaems with a soft fabric strap. But I can understand the wish for uniformity.

At least the steelbook is of the same design, although seemingly printed with a much higher resolution than UC4. Although I think the halftone effect on UC4 was partially on purpose to give it that poster look.

Oh! It's a slip cover but with a drawer thing. Interesting. Okay, yeah, I can dig it. The fabric strap's cool too, makes it classy, haha.

Yeah, I think it would be safe to assume they were going for that, and it worked really well. Would love to see more steel books featuring similar art styles.

AtkO

My hype for HZD is so high I'm starting to think of legit strategies Sony could use to get games as good as HZD in our hands earlier.

- They make more money from games bought through the PSN
- The game code is available long before the actual release, hence the pre-loads

SOO, why don't they just release the game like 1/3/5/7 days earlier than the physical release date to encourage people to buy it digitally?!?! I know traditional stores will be upset but screw that, I WANT HZD ASAP! I have to wait tomorrow midnight Sony!! WHY!

My hype for HZD is so high I'm starting to think of legit strategies Sony could use to get games as good as HZD in our hands earlier.

- They make more money from games bought through the PSN
- The game code is available long before the actual release, hence the pre-loads

SOO, why don't they just release the game like 1/3/5/7 days earlier than the physical release date to encourage people to buy it digitally?!?! I know traditional stores will be upset but screw that, I WANT HZD ASAP! I have to wait tomorrow midnight Sony!! WHY!

Because the retail market wouldn't like that at all.

Downloaded and ready for the unlock . Should I nap and wake up and play midnight ?
Hmm I don't have to go to work so this could happen.

Oxn

Gonna pick up early in the morning tomorrow from bestbuy, and i took the day off.

Dont think i ever did that for a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom