• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can someone tell me the name of Audio Datapoint 20 and if they remember where they got it?

19 and 21 were in the same room, so I have no idea how I missed it.

From CDPR

j5hp55yo21jy.jpg

*yoink*

New Background Hooooooo

--

P.S: Anyone know how this game is doing sales-wise yet? I haven't seen anything.

Mupod

I'm never taking shit from GAF about monster hunter games having too much gathering ever again.

I'm playing on hard and it seems like everything just takes half my hp if it hits me. But dodge spam seems to work fine. I feel like combat will get more interesting once I find a decent high damage bow instead of the starter one.

I've played 16 hours and haven't even met him. I think I need to get back on main quest... still have cauldron and hunting trial to go though
I usually think a lot of celebrity voice acting is pretty underwhelming (Mass Effect) but this was an inspired choice and he definitely is invested in what he's delivering.

The interplay between him and Ashly Burch is fantastic.

Ricker

Cauldron are suppose to be harder...? I decided to try one,it says level 8,I am level 12 but the last part seems impossible right now to me,I just keep dying and I think I cant get out of there where I am at...guess I might have to load an earlier save.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Cauldron are suppose to be harder...? I decided to try one,it says level 8,I am level 12 but the last part seems impossible right now to me,I just keep dying and I think I cant get out of there where I am at...guess I might have to load an earlier save.
You can go to the settings and lower the difficulty for that part. Generic cauldron:
The layout certainly makes them tougher to me, but with enough traps and such I've managed them using my regular difficulty for now.

Grisby

So the only way to get other arrow types is by buying the different bows right? Level 21 or so and I've been using the same starter bow lol.

Just made it to
Daybreak
tower and was thinking about buying a purple one there but I don't know what one of the symbols means.

Also, I swear to god I've tripped up some monsters using my tricaster thing but its not counting towards the tutorial quest.

PepperedHam

I had no intention of binging the main story as much as I did but holy shit I could not tear my eyes away from that thing. I believe I'm on the second to last main quest and what a ride this has been. I usually devour side content before I dig into the main stuff in games like these but I could not resist the curiosity of this game's story, just phenomenal in every way.

Probably going to let the main quest sit for a bit though as I go back and pick apart all of the side stuff I jumped over during my story binge. I glossed over a lot of the map in favor of the story so I have quite a few corners to poke around in. Admittedly felt kind of odd hopping from story point to story point as I usually explore, but I repeat: Following the main story in this game was just irresistible for me.

darkwing

So the only way to get other arrow types is by buying the different bows right? Level 21 or so and I've been using the same starter bow lol.

Just made it to
Daybreak
tower and was thinking about buying a purple one there but I don't know what one of the symbols means.

Also, I swear to god I've tripped up some monsters using my tricaster thing but its not counting towards the tutorial quest.

need the quest to be active

Gear matters much more than character level IMO.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Fought my first Thunderjaw

MY FUCKING LORD!

It was like fighting Grimlock in Dino-Bot form, Jesus fucking Christ

I had blown his Heavy Weapons to use against him and all of a sudden 3 Scrappers and 2 Watchers came out of nowhere

Sweet Jesus was that an epic shindig of epic proportions

Netted me an Awesome Purple mode, legit kill

👊👊👊👊👊👊👊👊👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Can't wait to Override these motherfuckers!

Wagram

The lore book in the Hunter's Lodge completely spoils the Hunter's Lodge storyline before you do it. Absolutely hilarious.

Ricker

You can go to the settings and lower the difficulty for that part. Generic cauldron:
The layout certainly makes them tougher to me, but with enough traps and such I've managed them using my regular difficulty for now.

Well I am at normal already,only died once so far...since I am stuck there I believe I will try other stuff but I dont have the type of arrow the machine is weak against so thats not helping...never really needed traps and bombs so far so I'm not really use to the wheel for items to change things...guess its a good place to start practicing lol...

MY FUCKING LORD!

I had blown his Heavy Weapons to use against him and all of a sudden 3 Scrappers and 2 Watchers came out of nowhere

Better me an Awesome Purple mode, legit kill

👊👊👊👊👊👊👊👊👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Taking one down is so satisfying until you get cocky go into a thunderjaw hunting space where there are two and some long legs and a scrapper and than somehow some way glinthawks make their way to you aaaaaand death lol

Muffdraul

Still curious about this...

When you guys activate Focus, does Aloy have a little ring of purple light around it on the side of her head? I saw that in all of the recent previews, but playing it myself today she has no ring of light, though the NPC who also had a Focus did have it.

The lore book in the Hunter's Lodge completely spoils the Hunter's Lodge storyline before you do it. Absolutely hilarious.

When I read that log I thought "So, uh, time travel subplot I guess?"

EDIT: Thanks for not answering my simple little question, dicks. For the record patch 1.03 fixed the Focus ring thing. Dicks.

Kaizer

Banned
Kinda OT but while playing the game I was thinking about how crazy fast Ashley Burch's career has skyrocketed.
dwill.png

Go from being a YT personality to voicing the lead character for a flagship Sony franchise.

I'm not hating, just kind of in awe of it.

Yeah, I'm extremely happy for her. I remember becoming a fan of hers during the "Hey Ash Watcha Playing" days on GameTrailers. Every time Aloy speaks I think of Chloe from Life is Strange lol

This game. Everything is awesome. I feel like I use the bow the least of all my weapons, it's just so fun to use all these tools.

Just came up for air, back to the wilds I go.

Can't be stressed how satisfying it is to nail a component or a killing blow weak spot with the bow

Doubly so when sliding towards a charging/lunging machine in slow motion

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Can't be stressed how satisfying it is to nail a component or a killing blow weak spot with the bow

Doubly so when sliding towards a charging/lunging machine in slow motion
I haven't done the sliding down an enemy yet. Next session I will incorporate it!

ironcreed

Banned

MY FUCKING LORD!

Netted me an Awesome Purple mode, legit kill

👊👊👊👊👊👊👊👊👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

I just ran across my first one. The ground was shaking and I did not know what it was, so I went over a hill and there he was fighting a Trampler. He was level 27 and I am only level 18, so I left him alone for now, lol.

Reached Meridia... I don't think I'll play anything better than this this year. It's overwhelming at times.

Also, killed my second Thunderjaw. I'm going to name Aloy, Turoka: Dinosaur Huntress.

Edit: Also I spectated a fight between a Thunderjaw and a Trampler, spectacular stuff! both of them were uncorrupted. The Thunderjaw was fighting some hunters, he blow 'em up high in the sky but his rockets reached the Trampler and he started to stomp the ground, the Thunderjaw was pissed but couldn't get close because everytime the Trampler stomped the ground a blast of fire pushed the Thunderjaw away, they charged against each other a couple of times and continue to fight. I left because it was going to be a super long fight (stayed there like 5 minutes and they took like 1/10 hp of each other).

Complistic

So I have played a little under 5 hours so far. Still feel pretty overwhelmed with all the stuff you can do. Does the combat ever get more complex?

It feels like it gets as complex as you make it, but also the machines you encounter as you get deeper and deeper require more and more thought and planning.

Kyoufu

Finished the main story last night. Incredible game and extremely polished. The only gripe I have with the game is the lack of inventory space for resources but apart from that, I had a blast. Going to go for the platinum trophy now. Well done, Guerrilla.

Overide a stormbird

1408.gif

Feels like the game gets more customizable after you acquire the tinker skill, changing mods at will.

hahah. Never tried to override a stormbird.

I know its not in the game but they should implement it in the sequel where you can ride a stormbird. I feel like its the one big missing thing from HZD, a flight mechanism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom