• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So I'm level 38
Put in 35 Hours
Have almost all Purple Weapons (Shadow Category)
Have 25,000+ Metal Shards
Resources Galore
Collection @50% (Collectibles)

I JUST FUCKING REACHED... Meridian

Fucking lol, I've been busy being immersed in the world
Forgot Main Quests lulz till now

WITHE1982

I've got 6 hours put aside tonight for a good play session. I'm currently 13 hours in, just hit level 19 and I've only completed 6 main story quests and 3 side missions so far. This game does a tremendous job of distracting me for hours at a time.

There's so much stuff to do that I never quite know what to do next. I've already upgraded most of my pouches to the top level, bought all the weapons available (for the time being), did the relevant training missions and bought 6 different armour types. Even after all that I've only uncovered around 15% of the overall map.

I'm a bit of a completionist when playing open-world games so looking at my list of jobs and the amount of icons on my map is pure heaven for me.

Even sitting in work right now I'm making a list of side quests, collectables and upgrades I can work towards tonight. This game really has its claws in me deep.

zkorejo

Game is so addictive. Killing machines is so satisfying. Where are all the errands and sidemissions though? I have had just 3 side and 4 errands so far. Entered to new campsites and one had no missions and the other had just 1 tiny little errand.

level1

The lore book in the Hunter's Lodge completely spoils the Hunter's Lodge storyline before you do it. Absolutely hilarious.

Yup, I think this was a simple design oversight. Personally, I realised what was happening a couple of sentences into the lore book and noped the fuck out. Finished reading it after the quest without much being spoiled, still kind of a bummer though.

WITHE1982

Yup, I think this was a simple design oversight. Personally, I realised what was happening a couple of sentences into the lore book and noped the fuck out. Finished reading it after the quest without much being spoiled, still kind of a bummer though.

So I'm guessing you'd recommend skipping it until the quest line is complete then?

ZeroX03

Banned
I dabbled just a little before jumping into Zelda, but I liked what I played so far. Was still super wary of Guerilla but they proved me wrong. Nice feedback on firing arrows. Story not doing for me at all though.

nOoblet16

I just poured 9 skill points for call a mount anytime you want skill.

Is it worth it?
First thing I did too.

It depends on what you want, I was eager to know more about the story so I wanted to get to places quickly, after finishing the story I started doing loads of side stuff and taking my time with the world so often I'd just run without a mount.

Still it's a convenience to have a mount be there whenever you want one instead of having to find one and then override it.

[NaK]

img_20170303_105945_2zxsc1.jpg

That felt sooooo goooood. Sorry about the potato quality (share button)

I dabbled just a little before jumping into Zelda, but I liked what I played so far. Was still super wary of Guerilla but they proved me wrong. Nice feedback on firing arrows. Story not doing for me at all though.

While the story did grab me right away, it does pick up quite a bit after the start.

beck_

Came across a hunting ground mission that was really too hard for my level, had things like shoot off a weapon from a big machine to kill other machines.

But this introduced me to that mechanic which although I now recollect from game play vids, I hadn't considered whilst playing. It is so damn good though! Hitting the weapon with tear damage to knock it off, then picking it up and wrecking shop feels amazing!

Am I the only one who bought a PS4 Pro just for this game?

Put in 4 hours tonight and would have kept playing if I didn't have to go to sleep...love it so far! Can't wait until I get a 4KTV w/ HDR to really enjoy the full experience.

Floody

So I've stumbled on to a cave at the very top of the map, up on a mountain, you fight a
Stormbird
on the way to it and I can't get in. Is it story related? A simple yes or no please.

Edit: Thanks!

silva1991

Wow at the place
where they have peaceful robots

seeing sawtooth up close like that is so cool.

[NaK];231402927 said:
img_20170303_105945_2zxsc1.jpg

That felt sooooo goooood. Sorry about the potato quality (share button)

they are that big compared to Aloy? i still haven't fight it. I saw one far away and just run for my life lol.

nOoblet16

Lol I feel like I ruined how epic that story quest would have been. I just wanted to get to the vantage point not trigger that event. But it was amazing.
It's not really an event honestly, and it isn't even unique to that location. Unless it's the first time you fight that enemy.

Floody

Lol I feel like I ruined how epic that story quest would have been. I just wanted to get to the vantage point not trigger that event. But it was amazing.

Same, but that vantage point was just bugging me being the only collectable over there so had to go get it.

[NaK]

they are that big compared to Aloy? i still haven't fight it. I saw one far away and just run for my life lol.

Yeah, it's pretty awe-inspiring how large they are. First time I saw one in the distance, I turned back right away and took a long detour.

dude said he finds the division fun and this boring. wow. tastes and all but..wow..

It called an opinion and I'm so sorry for having one . 'I'm' not finding the game that much fun to play and it's not clicking for 'me'. It's very much like how I felt with Shenmue - A technical marvel, but rather boring to play, but you play through it just to see the amazing world on offer. Pretty much the same for this game

Ryuuroden

I love this game, my girlfriend thinks its dumb, she was mocking it the entire time till I finally logged off so she could play skyrim. She did the same thing with skyrim until she tried playing it and now she's addicted to skyrim. She mocks all the games I play and my assumption is as soon as she actually tries horizon, she will be hooked. At this point though, I don't think ill push her to, as I already lose a lot of game time to her playing skyrim. I am out of town a lot and rarely get to play games at home as it is.

Enclose

Early exploration spoilers:

I found a bunker with some sort of Power Armor in it. I need some power cells to open int. Am I right in assuming I will naturally come across them as part of the world or do I have to do something at the moment I find the Armor?

U come there back later again :)

I remember taking pictures in The Witcher III because I think the game is beautiful. This makes it look like a PS3 game, I'm in disbelief most of the time.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I have a small question. I did the quest early in the game where the quest giver increased the damage of my spear, are there more of those later in the game or was that a one and done deal ?

Because my game play is leaning more towards stealth and sneak/critical melee attacks, so I'd like to know whether I'll be getting more DPS from it later.

Came across the first of these last night. I literally followed the thing around for a few minutes, the scale of the game is just amazing. I think I'm a good 12 hours into the game and I'm not that far from the starting zone, this game is going to take me a good 50+ hours before I'm even done with the main story at this rate lol.

horizonzerodawn_20170qbs2q.png

drotahorror

Just beat it. 30 hours and 8 minutes. I'd say there's another 15-25 hours of gameplay still if I wanted to do more.

I'm glad I stopped messing with the sidequests when I did. Way too many of them were just detective mode bs. The story missions really amped up about halfway through, they were very good. I had little interest in the story for the first bit, but then it got very interesting as well.

Cool story, great graphics, fun combat. 8.5/10

Impulsor

Just beat it. 30 hours and 8 minutes. I'd say there's another 15-25 hours of gameplay still if I wanted to do more.

I'm glad I stopped messing with the sidequests when I did. Way too many of them were just detective mode bs. The story missions really amped up about halfway through, they were very good. I had little interest in the story for the first bit, but then it got very interesting as well.

Cool story, great graphics, fun combat. 8.5/10

What level were you at when you beat it

Skux

PS4 Pro delivered today. Download is completed. See you on the other side, GAF.

Aaand now it's 1:17am and I need to sleep lol.

Game is gorgeous. The intro was well done and gets the player on Aloy's side very quickly. Only a few hours in but I can see I'm going to love the combat just after fighting a few scrappers. The ropecaster makes the most satisfying sound when you land it.

Smo21

I'm actually going to turn off waypoints when I get home. I like to find my own way and discover secrets as I explore.

That's what I've been doing. Having trouble with the Nora section because everything is mother's something and I don't know the differences yet

Yes, and its entirely down to how you want to approach the fights.

For some, when you can do some tactical planning for the encounter, you can lay traps, tripwires & goad the robos into them, leaving you free to land the crit hit.

Other times they'll surprise you and you'll be reliant on your wits and improvisational skill - being mugged by several watchers and a bigger robo? Use the takeover device to turn at least one watcher to your side, and it'll attack the others, and some of them will focus on it, leaving you free to flank them or attach the big guy.

Using the bestiary to learn elemental weaknesses is essential too - it doesn't make the combat easier, but it makes you more effective at it.

Don't be put off by how OP the stealth kill is early on either. It doesn't last.

I haven't got very far yet, but this sounds really exciting. The combat is really fun but I've only just got the ropecaster and slingshot so I've barely had a chance to try them out yet.

It called an opinion and I'm so sorry for having one . 'I'm' not finding the game that much fun to play and it's not clicking for 'me'. It's very much like how I felt with Shenmue - A technical marvel, but rather boring to play, but you play through it just to see the amazing world on offer. Pretty much the same for this game

Oh that's a shame. I also disagree. The Division, while fun for a while with friends, was very boring. The enemies were always the same and if you ranked up, the enemies ranked up too, effectively making the game completely the same, all the time.

HZD has a great world, but also great gameplay and a well told story.

Gudji

Just finished the main quest, loved it. This is one I'm going to remember for a long time!

Congrats to Guerrila Games, they did a hell of a game!

So I'm level 38
Put in 35 Hours
Have almost all Purple Weapons (Shadow Category)
Have 25,000+ Metal Shards
Resources Galore
Collection @50% (Collectibles)

I JUST FUCKING REACHED... Meridian

Fuckibg lol, I've been busy being immersed in the world
Forgot Main Quests lulz till now
Lol i feel you...the story gets good though man, do some main quest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom