• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

AudioEppa

I decide to take on at least one side mission so I'm looking for this guy with a screwed leg or legs whose daughter ran off. So I get to this town called mother something and a little kid says I'm dirty and I just wanted to put my arrow in his dome, little shit.

DrkSage

Can't play the game. Just can't fucking play the game. When the game installed the hard drive went ducking crazy loud. Turned the PS4 off, turned it on again, wouldn't boot. Turn it off again, tried safe mode, PS4 STILL wouldn't boot up.

Only when I removed the game disc and started the PS4 again did it boot up, but stuttering. Insterted the game again, hard drive went crazy again and game kept stuttering.

What the fuck!

Edit: turns out someone let the cat into my room, she got onto the drawers my PS4 was, she decided to play there and pushed my fucking PS4 to the ground. Nobody in my family decided to tell me until they saw me angry as fuck.

Fucking dam it.

Only a day after release here in PH and we already have a cosplayer rocking Aloy.. looks good too

17038837_10154619325621747_8748839555251822035_o.jpg

Nice!

Everyone is going to ohh and ahh about the graphics and animation but what I love is the fact the tell on the enemies attack is so easily readable and distinct. I love how the lens flare actually getting more intense and "starring" out in the an extreme is when you know its about to attack.

Yeah, they do a great job with that.

gagecube

Banned
I just got a 4k tv the other day (55 inch Samsung not sure the model number), does anyone have any calibration suggestions? I want to get the best possible gaming picture out of this thing

On my TV, the difference between the downsampled resolution mode and the performance mode (is that 1080p?) is extremely slight.

Makes me question if it's even doing much.

Just started the game, two things bother me despite all the rest so far being really good.

- saw a place to where I thought that I was supposed to jump but instead a cutscene started right at the moment I pressed X and I skipped it by mistake. How about press a button during two seconds to skip a cutscene? Had to go on youtube to see it ffs.

- camera is super slow on focus mode, is there any sensitivity options later on? I'm not seeing them now on the settings.

Dunlop

Not letting me purchase from PSN, keep seeing "missed charge" in my transaction log.

Linked to my Paypal, money in the account..no record of the transactions on Paypal

: (

Davide

So this game kills Breath of the Wild, right?

As not a huge Zelda fan it looks like Breath of the Wild to me but as a modern game with actually good graphics. I feel like I can't play them both at the same time because Zelda will be overshadowed.

witness

Love the way the gamestop outfit looks, it's really fantastic in play and cut scenes. Great mixture of animal and machine.

I just got my first chance to try it out. Wow it really does look great. I have a migraine though, so I must stop. It's just too tempting.

Its funny. Many other WRPGs give me a headache after about a half an hour of play. But this is one of the few that doesn't. Dunno what it is.

WadeitOut

I haven't played either so I might enjoy a lot of this more.

In those games can you make use of traps like trip wires and can you engage AI in a way so that they battle either other? Are there a bunch of mini boss type enemies? In Tomb Raider did dodging and evading improve over the first one? These are the initial things that I saw from Horizon that seemed favorable to me. I can't wait to play later today.

There are traps in these other games, but that has literally nothin g to do with my comment.

I'm just saying the world feels VERY Far Cry primal too me so it's not really blowing me away.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Is there like a subtle motion blur setting you turn on for your gifs? I noticed it in your FFXV gifs too. They come out looking beautiful, but I swear I can't get my own game looking as "rendered" if that makes any sense. Maybe it's a byproduct of the smaller size of the image?

I'm pretty sure Sunhi touches the gifs up in Photoshop or w/e.

At least, that's what I think. He posts gifs with image quality that looks significantly better than in person viewing of the game.

Turkoop

Banned
Okay, this game lives up to the hype. And I'm not even past the starting area.

Oh man, I've never been so engrossed with a game on day 1 before since TLOU. Guerrilla have really hit it out of the park with Horizon.

Just played the first few mission finally got
into motherheart
LOVING it so far! Game is gorgeous and looking very pretty on my 4k TV and ps4 pro. No HDR unfortunately

This is the best game of the generation so far and I'm still in the beginning

Jesus fuck i just started. First 10 mins already incredible

Just started. This game is gorgeous.

Loving the shit out of this game so far. I'm absolutely going to 100% this thing. All the different weapon types feel great so far, and I just love the world and story they are putting together.

First time using PS4 capture:

DttdUlx.gif

iUH3CgS.png

I just...don't understand how this game looks so amazing. G fucking G ladies and gentleman.

Only an hour in but it's easily the most beautiful game I've ever played...damn

source.gif

mackaveli

Any reason to save those loot boxes or crates till higher level or doesn't matter? I only ask cause in For Honor you keep them till full level so the gear you get is good. So wondering if I would maybe get better loot if i was a higher level?

RedAssedApe

Banned

As not a huge Zelda fan it looks like Breath of the Wild to me but as a modern game with actually good graphics. I feel like I can't play them both at the same time because Zelda will be overshadowed.

horizon is zelda for adults
/s

OmegaDL50

Amazon apparently failed me in my release date shipping.

My game is apparently been in shipping limbo since 2:30AM EST....yesterday morning.

As in has been over an entire full day since there hasn't been any updated tracking information.

Meh and I was so looking forward to playing this after work too. At least I have River City Ransom to fall back on.

Neoweee

Platforming and bad checkpoints don't mix. Oh God. Aloy didn't "snap" to the last beam of a section, and I fell to my death.

Just saw a commercial for this during the flash, haven't paid attention to the marketing of this game but I hope it becomes GG & Sony's new big franchise. The quality is top notch.

We'll probably have an Uncharted 2 level quote wall about the visuals when this thread is all said and done.

Most would argue they are totally different experiences, but the similarities are there.

BotW will have to be damned incredible to match this, that being said.

Any reason to save those loot boxes or crates till higher level or doesn't matter? I only ask cause in For Honor you keep them till full level so the gear you get is good. So wondering if I would maybe get better loot if i was a higher level?

Totally random. Use 'em if you got 'em.

Kalentan

The characters speak very modern. I wonder if there is an explanation for that or maybe though humanity may have regressed technologically and socially, maybe the way people speak never changed?

Just a thought.

I feel the intro on this is a bit long, it really started to drag and I was starting to worry I might not actually end up liking the game. Then I fought the first proper enemy. Now this I can get into. I just hope it's not going to beat me over the head with this slow burn for too long.

No.
Most would argue they are totally different experiences, but the similarities are there.

BotW will have to be damned incredible to match this, that being said.
By current previews it has, but let's not talk about that here.

Zackat

I'm a Sony stan, even I am gonna play Zelda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom