• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT2| Red Head Redemption

SlickVic

Getting the email for the Platinum trophy avatar got me thinking about this game again and I found out about the new patch. New updates to the photo mode look nice; I might just pop the disc in again just to mess around with that. Also nice they're adding the option to toggle off the headgear. I loved the heavy stealth armor, but whenever I could help it I switched to a light armor prior to cutscenes because I found headgear somewhat distracting in story moments.

Also, don't know if this was posted already, but Kotaku did a podcast segment with Ashly Burch (voice of Aloy) a few weeks back giving a bit on insight into the voice acting process. Well worth a listen.

Melchiah

I platinumed the game over a month ago and only just got the reward in my email. However. It was an avatar rather than a theme.

mulyU3sh.jpg

I'd have preferred the theme tbh but oh well.

It's been almost a month since I platinumed the game, and I've got nothing, eventhough I've allowed all e-mails from Sony. Your post gives me hope, since it was over a month for you, but I'd prefer to have the theme as well.

Auraela

Banned
Picked up game like i said. Combat is fun but otherwise for me im finding it quite annoying n boring.

My main gripe n i sincerely hope other games dont continue to follow is the witcher sense inspired scanner. Its veey tedious n annoying following trails etc.

Im finding alot of the skill tree quite dull.

Who's great idea was it to not make fast travel unlimited off bat. But what we will do is have merchants sell an item with unlimites uses n hide it at bottom of his list.

Like for real just make the dam option unlimited

chaosaeon

Who's great idea was it to not make fast travel unlimited off bat. But what we will do is have merchants sell an item with unlimites uses n hide it at bottom of his list.

Probably someone who thought it might be nice to actually explore the map instead of just icon hopping and looking at loading screens.

Picked up game like i said. Combat is fun but otherwise for me im finding it quite annoying n boring.

My main gripe n i sincerely hope other games dont continue to follow is the witcher sense inspired scanner. Its veey tedious n annoying following trails etc.

"Why go exploring in Bloodborne? Just play it as linearly as possible."

Spladam

So I finally met
Vanasha
. Quite the interesting character. And that armor. 😍

Also, corrupted Thunderjaw killed me a few times.

It was the Corrupted Rockbreaker that got me a couple of times, killing Thunderjaws is a science if you have a heavy ropecaster. That particular Rock Breaker was tricky though, I always try to Tear the feet to keep them from digging and it never seems to work.

Why are you so against exploring such a detailed and beautiful map. In the beginning all the journey's are short, fast travel packs are easy to make and I usually had too many.

For me though, even later in the game, I quite often just found a machine to mount and rode it to the next way point just to explore the beautiful map, find new machines to fight, and open up campfires.

It was the Corrupted Rockbreaker that got me a couple of times, killing Thunderjaws is a science if you have a heavy ropecaster. That particular Rock Breaker was tricky though, I always try to Tear the feet to keep them from digging and it never seems to work.

That was the hardest fight for me in the game (played on Hard if that makes a difference) and I eventually just sort of cheesed it by standing on a large rock nearby and whittling them down from a distance while dodging their rock tosses. Once one was down I was able to take the second out more normally but with both up I died so quickly when I tried to run around and kill them.

Veelk

Banned
So has there been any word of a New Game + patch coming in?

I vaguely remember a developer tweeting about it, but not 100% sure.

SaintR

Hey everyone. So after "retiring" from video games for the past 4 years (I got married and had a kid), I was pulled back into gaming after watching some let's play of this on YouTube.

And man am I hooked, not getting much sleep cause I'm still very much married and with children, but man I love this game. I only get to play in half hour increments in between bedtimes and diaper changes etc but so worth it!

Quick question, I've noticed that I've completed a few of the missions without checking off each check point. In fact I get some red X's in the lower part of the mission checklist but still get a green check on the top main one after I complete the mission.

Am I messing up? Will this effect my platinum (which I'm def going for)

Thanks guys! Feels good to be back 👍🏻

Mubrik

Finally finished the game.
Think I have done everything except for hunters lodge and training dummy.
Have to say, amazing amazing game.
Game got me good.

I initially was into the game for gameplay and machines only, I didn't have hopes of a good story to the point that after reaching meridian I stopped doing main story line and just totally exploring and doing side quest instead, it was quite nice as the world was kinda big but small at the same time. Lol.

But then after plenty hours into side stuff I decided to run some main story missions and meeting the sun King after when she was going mainly for herself and to find out about the world. I was HOOKED. It was like drugs.

I took my fucking console to work. It was that fucking bad 😂😂.

I was like
sylens
, I was hungry for fucking information. I scanned everything and read everything 😂😂 GG just kept peeling it open one ruin at a time. Man I didn't even bother doing anything else until the final mission which I then decided to wrap up some loose ends.

Phenomenal GG. Just fucking good.
Give me dlc already please.

Even the vantage point story by bashar mati was good..

Damn good GG!

Good Lord, the last few main quests are huge info dumps. But damn, is this story great.

Yeah I thought the same thing. So many data points and things to read. Really crunches a lot of the backstory into a couple small areas within the game.

I loved the game. Bring on the DLC.

ALSO: I'm not sure how everyone played, but I did most of the cauldrons right away and oooo boy does that make the fights more interesting as you progress in the game. Overriding behmoths and thunderjaws is amazing. Ropecasting the big ass bird and overriding him was fun too.

Finally finished the game.
Think I have done everything except for hunters lodge and training dummy.
Have to say, amazing amazing game.
Game got me good.

I initially was into the game for gameplay and machines only, I didn't have hopes of a good story to the point that after reaching meridian I stopped doing main story line and just totally exploring and doing side quest instead, it was quite nice as the world was kinda big but small at the same time. Lol.

But then after plenty hours into side stuff I decided to run some main story missions and meeting the sun King after when she was going mainly for herself and to find out about the world. I was HOOKED. It was like drugs.

I took my fucking console to work. It was that fucking bad 😂😂.

I was like
sylens
, I was hungry for fucking information. I scanned everything and read everything 😂😂 GG just kept peeling it open one ruin at a time. Man I didn't even bother doing anything else until the final mission which I then decided to wrap up some loose ends.

Phenomenal GG. Just fucking good.
Give me dlc already please.

Even the vantage point story by bashar mati was good..

Damn good GG!

Congrats. Don't go back to the Division now...play other games ;)

_Isaac

Just finished the game yesterday. It was so good, and I really enjoyed the world, characters, and story. The ending
seriously got me teary eyed.

Spladam

Where do you get the power cells that give you access to that suit of armor in the armoy.

They are almost all found in main story locations, all of which you can go back to afterwards, though the mountain behind Mother's Watch (I think it is) is tricky, you have to go at night or the gates will be locked, and you have to run away and come back if you fast travel to the Campfire next to it.

Mubrik

Congrats. Don't go back to the Division now...play other games ;)

Lmaoo. I do have a backlog.
Nothing new In division yet to push me bck

Switching weapons with no hud popup, you must've not touched the camera and then cut to after the switch. Sneaky lol, it's barely noticeable.

Woah guys wait, we hold L1 to bring up the weapon wheel. We need the option of tapping L1 to cycle through each of the weapons one by one without bringing up the HuD. Tapping L1 is unused at the moment. Someone tweet Guerrilla !

I always try tapping l1 to hide the bow.
It'll be better if it switches to previous weapon instead of the cycle IMO

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Got Platinum #31 today with this game. By far my game of 2017 so far and in my top of all time.

Super excited to hear about some DLC hopefully and the future of this franchise!!

Any good playthroughs out there I can watch? Preferably ones where the player takes their time exploring and providing their thoughts on commentary rather than just rushing through the story.

Cant get enough of people's reactions to the big reveals in this game.

I just beat the main quest mission
"the grave-hoard" where you visit robot command.
How far am I from finishing it?

I'm also level 37, and the next main mission is lvl 20. Is this sort of normal? I don't feel OP quite yet.

Morgoth

Banned
So I'm righr past
Maker's Mark
. How much gameplay do you think i have till i complete the main story. I've been having too much doing all the side quests​.

Top Bottom