• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn patch 1.10 is live

Stranya

Love that they're pushing out small patches to fix things quickly.

My (incredibly fussy) wish list is:

(1) Stick/aim sensitivity option
(2) Extend "interaction" range (e.g. for picking things up and speaking to people - feels like I need to be right in peoples' faces)
(3) Minimap (yeah, I said it! I'm not a fan of relying on the minimap constantly - I hate that - but this world looks too homogenous to have a clear idea of where I am, meaning I need to open the map a lot).
(4) Get rid of the wierd pause before setting a trap. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

And my big one, that will never happen, is:

(5) A hardcore mode. I don't mean combat difficulty, I mean the rate at which one stacks up resources, XP and money. I understand these games are difficult to balance, but if you do everything you end up way OP way too early. I haven't farmed at all, but am lvl19 just by exploring and doing quests, and I'm only at Mother's Crown (I think that's what it's called). I'm storing skill points to help keep things a challenge, but my health goes up automatically when levelling. Already playing on "very hard".

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Was hoping for the ability to advance time, you know like rest at this campfire till morning because I don't like playing during night time kind of ability.

krae_man

Wish the buy multiple items patch had happened before I platinumed the game. Spent so much time buying blaze etc one at a time at the end of the game.

Probably would have been faster to hunt for them.

laxu

Still no "drop all these fuckin stones" button. ;)

Now all I really want is gyro aim, fix the time cycle and an advance time feature so I don't have to be disappointed when climbing vantages or tallheads and only seeing the area at night.

Added the ability to press and hold [X] to buy multiple items from merchants.

Man this would have come in handy all the times I was buying wire by the hundreds. I would scroll through my phone on one hand and time my X presses by the vibration in the controller. Tedious.

I also hope they improved the rare animal material drop rates. Even though you can totally cheese it by farming Processed Metal Blocks from Scrappers (and Scrapper Piles) and trade them at the box merchant in Meridian for Scavenger Dark Boxes. It sucked that, having put 50 hours into the game so far, that felt like the only way I could upgrade my pouches.

What was crazy is that certain pouches would remain un-upgraded for dozens of hours (I'm looking at you Sharpshot Bow Quiver) because I couldn't find, like, a single Raccoon Skin or something, and as soon as I did, the next three levels of the upgrade would be available to me because the upgrade requirements don't match the rarity of the actual materials. That's a broken system.

Jacknapes

Have yet to experience a single bug in my play, but none the less it's nice to see patches coming out thick and fast to improve things for everyone.

Wilsongt

You guys must be the only dudes who enjoyed the original FF12 release.

Considering I play few games with camera control options, yes. Always mess around with x and y axis controls when I can. I'm still not used to it in Horizon, so this is a godsend.

Was hoping for the ability to advance time, you know like rest at this campfire till morning because I don't like playing during night time kind of ability.

I want the ability to set the time of day like Infamous Second Son has. The game is way too pretty at day time.

LifEndz

Being able to buy multiple items at once is huge. Now I can load up on wires. Loving how GG is supporting this game.

They need to do something about resource management. Categories and sorting methods, please. They should also do something about armour? I have 25 slots but I only use three after 50+ hours. Same thing with weapons, actually. I only use three bows but I have so many slots.

Where's the "Fuck Glinthawks" patch?

Fire arrows man.

Yeah, I'll never understand the frustration with Glinthawks. I mean, they're a nuisance, but I'd much rather deal with a flock of them than, say, a couple of Snapmaws.

All you have to do is knock a couple fire arrows, hit each Glinthawk once, then pick them off with melee or hardpoint arrows after they fall from the sky. If they managed to survive the length of the burning status, just pop them with another as they struggle to get back into the air.

And if you really can't stand the AOE the others are dropping on you, just pop an ice resistance potion. You and I both know you have dozens of resistance potions and flowers that you never actually use.

Glinthawks are easy as hell.

Tigress

I wonder if they changed the item balance for rare animal parts. I doubt they intended quite so much time to be spent murdering wildlife.

If so I hope they fix the drops for fatty meat. It wouldn't be so bad if fatty meat wasn't used for every potion (while the other two are only used for 2/3 so I end up constantly searching for fatty meat while having to trim down the other meat I find).

KodaRuss

One improvement I would love to see is if they could show you how many you have of a material when you are looting an enemy/box/treasure chest.

I dont realize I am running low on something until I am pretty much out.

Josh378

69 hours later and one platinum trophy..and they finally got the game right...stupid racoon/rat farming pissed me off.

Tigress

Yeah, I'll never understand the frustration with Glinthawks. I mean, they're a nuisance, but I'd much rather deal with a flock of them than, say, a couple of Snapmaws.

All you have to do is knock a couple fire arrows, hit each Glinthawk once, then pick them off with melee or hardpoint arrows after they fall from the sky. If they managed to survive the length of the burning status, just pop them with another as they struggle to get back into the air.

And if you really can't stand the AOE the others are dropping on you, just pop an ice resistance potion. You and I both know you have dozens of resistance potions and flowers that you never actually use.

Glinthawks are easy as hell.

While I've gotten better with glinthawks, I'd rather deal with snapmaws :p. My tactic with glinthawks is to see them from afar, tearbreaker to their chest, and a sniper arrow to the big blue area that gets exposed.. then they die quick. If I don't see them right away and they're right on me, fire arrows are my friend. Hell, I still think the stormbird is the hardest enemy. I've now fought a rockbreaker and two deathbringers including a full health one. The fact that they are slow/large targets makes them super easy. Rockbreakers are a little harder but still have nice large weak points. Storm birds are fast and small weakpoints.

Hope this fixes the stealth bait-and-wait > pile up bodies AI behavior.

But how am I supposed to kill literally all the Grazers at that early game watering hole from a single bushhhhh? And then use harvester arrows on their blaze canisters after they're dead for 24 blaze per machinnnnne?

I'm generally bothered by how easy lure>stealth killing from tall grass is too except in that instance where it saves me a ton of time on harvesting blaze. I use explosives and fire arrows like a fucking maniac so I burn through blaze so so so so fast.

Tigress

Buying... blaze?

I just farm it.

Seriously, blaze is given away everywhere. It's one of the things I usually end up selling cause it's taking up too many spots (That and metal cannisters or whatever those thigns are... what do they even get used for? I accumulate them so quickly that I groan when I see them).

laxu

But how am I supposed to kill literally all the Grazers at that early game watering hole from a single bushhhhh? And then use harvester arrows on their blaze canisters after they're dead for 24 blaze per machinnnnne?

I'm generally bothered by how easy lure>stealth killing from tall grass is too except in that instance where it saves me a ton of time on harvesting blaze. I use explosives and fire arrows like a fucking maniac so I burn through blaze so so so so fast.

I use a ton of those too but I don't think I've ever harvested it and yet I have hundreds. Maybe you need to use freeze more to avoid going thru so many explosives?

Gator86

Buying... blaze?

I just farm it.

I never bought a single piece of materials in the entire game. But I also killed almost every bot I ran into because the hunting was so fun. I had more issues with having too much crafting gear.

Buying... blaze?

I just farm it.

I never bought a single piece of materials in the entire game. But I also killed almost every bot I ran into because the hunting was so fun. I had more issues with having too much crafting gear.

Whe I finished the game I changed my loadout thinking I could play without relying on a Bow for damage and having a Blast Sling as a main damage dealer.

Loadout: War Bow - Blast Sling - Ropecaster - Tripcaster Wire.

From that loadout, only the Blast Sling deals damage (well, Tripcaster Blast Wire too tho). It drained blaze more than I could refill it with looting corpses. So every now and then I had to buy blaze from a vendor... not fun. :p

Obviously the game is not designed for not having a Bow as a main weapon.

valkyre

Its unbelievable that such a polished game as this, wehre you would think that the technical aspects are damn near flawless, that the team keeps working to achieve perfection...

Fixes on framerate, collision detection, clipping, animations... this is amazing... kudos to GG they are proving to become one of the most respected devs for me with Horizon.

Meanwhile... Bioware cant run ME:A decently on a PS4 Pro...

/sarcasm.

Jacob4815

Filter maps and a function to fast forward/select day time... please GG!!

I think the latter will be very simple to add, it works just now in the photo mode.

mitchman

Gold Member
One improvement I would love to see is if they could show you how many you have of a material when you are looting an enemy/box/treasure chest.

I dont realize I am running low on something until I am pretty much out.

But they do. The scrolling loot list on the right bottom side of the screen shows both how many were picked up and the total you have in parenthesis.

RootCause

They should get rid of holding to buy. Just let me choose the quantity, and be done with.

It works great for crafting, especially while in combat with a beast.

Ashtar

When are devs gonna stop releasing unfinished games! Never as long as peasants keep buying this junk on release
/s I am happy about the sell in bulk it was so annoying

G-Bus

Banned
Yay. Maybe I can spend some time farming animal bones/skin and not feel like I'm wasting my time. Got some bags to upgrade!

Suprised at all the quest big fixes. Haven't come accross anything.

Top Bottom