• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn patch 1.10 is live

Mar Nosso

Banned
What's all this about pressing X to buy multiples of items? I've been pressing square to select quantity and then X to buy it all at the same time since the beginning of the game. Are you all on crack?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm always surprised at how many progress bug fixes these patches have had. I didn't encounter a single one in my time with the game.

Good to see GG on top of fixing
shit
issues.

I never bought a single piece of materials in the entire game. But I also killed almost every bot I ran into because the hunting was so fun. I had more issues with having too much crafting gear.

Same. It got to a point where I had less than 100 shards, so I started selling parts off by the hundreds. I mean hundreds, by the end I was up to about 17,000 shards. Now I try to keep my crafting supplies between 200-250, except ridge wood which I haven't picked up in about 20 hours and still have 1000+.

(5) A hardcore mode. I don't mean combat difficulty, I mean the rate at which one stacks up resources, XP and money. I understand these games are difficult to balance, but if you do everything you end up way OP way too early. I haven't farmed at all, but am lvl19 just by exploring and doing quests, and I'm only at Mother's Crown (I think that's what it's called). I'm storing skill points to help keep things a challenge, but my health goes up automatically when levelling. Already playing on "very hard".

leave mothers crown. Go fight a thunderjaw or a stormbird. I was stomping shit on very hard for awhile. Then I got out into the wilds, I was hiding from enemies, running out of certain resources, planning my attack carefully, running (and dying) when pulling too many enemies. Fighting the big ones like a thunderjaw feels like a boss battle. I didn't start to to feel truly overpowered until about level 40. (I'm still doing level 20 main quest)

edit: also go to all the cauldrons. Sneaking in, overiding a big boy like a trampler, sitting back and watching robo-fight club never gets old.

I'm always surprised at how many progress bug fixes these patches have had. I didn't encounter a single one in my time with the game.

Neither do I, my game time was 70hs and the last 10 were me trying to go beyond the borders in every corner of the map, I don't know how people are encounter them.

Glad I decided to finish Zelda before I came back to this. Also, I could be wrong about this but I don't remember the fans being so loud when playing this game. It's the map menu right? Haven't had an issue on the pro with any other game besides this one.

Glad I decided to finish Zelda before I came back to this. Also, I could be wrong about this but I don't remember the fans being so loud when playing this game. It's the map menu right? Haven't had an issue on the pro with any other game besides this one.

This is the only game I notice the fans with. Regular PS4.

Hm. I must be the only one noticing serious pop-in post 1.03

Nobody here seems to be affected by it, and Guerilla doesn't seem to have noticed it either.

:(

Atolm

Nioh also has the fan issue when you go into the Blacksmith menu. There's even some threads discussing it here.

Elandyll

Banned
What's all this about pressing X to buy multiples of items? I've been pressing square to select quantity and then X to buy it all at the same time since the beginning of the game. Are you all on crack?
You can sell in bulk, but not buy (until the patch that is).

If you've been able to, you have a special version of HZD that no one else has... ;)

Same. It got to a point where I had less than 100 shards, so I started selling parts off by the hundreds. I mean hundreds, by the end I was up to about 17,000 shards. Now I try to keep my crafting supplies between 200-250, except ridge wood which I haven't picked up in about 20 hours and still have 1000+.

leave mothers crown. Go fight a thunderjaw or a stormbird. I was stomping shit on very hard for awhile. Then I got out into the wilds, I was hiding from enemies, running out of certain resources, planning my attack carefully, running (and dying) when pulling too many enemies. Fighting the big ones like a thunderjaw feels like a boss battle. I didn't start to to feel truly overpowered until about level 40. (I'm still doing level 20 main quest)

edit: also go to all the cauldrons. Sneaking in, overiding a big boy like a trampler, sitting back and watching robo-fight club never gets old.
Oh man yeah. I thought i was a badass until I got to Meridian and decided to fight a bunch of Sawtooths. Barely survived the fight, saw some Ravagers on the side and ran back to the city.

Gator86

Good to see GG on top of fixing
shit
issues.

I've been confused by these patches too. I didn't have a single progression bug, or really bug of any kind during my 60 hour playthrough. Well, I did get caught inside a tree once when a trampler ran into me and pushed me into it, so I guess that counts.

Mar Nosso

Banned
You can sell in bulk, but not buy (until the patch that is).

If you've been able to, you have a special version of HZD that no one else has... ;)

Oh... Maybe it really is just for selling and I didn't notice. Might be because I hunt and scavenge a lot of stuff and need to sell much more than I need to buy. My bad!

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Nice about the mass-buying, though I rarely use it.

It's a testament to how polished the game was that none of these glitches or fixes mean anything to me, I have encountered exactly one crash so far and no major glitches (ok, got stuck in geometry once, and I could have just fast-travelled but I stupidly reloaded instead... oops).

I do hope they make some human AI a bit better though, once you got some decent mods on your stealth outfits Aloy turns into a goddamn ninja xD

Tyaren

I wish they'd do an update to make time of day transitions less abrupt. Good on GG for the update tho.

I wished there was a way to wait/sleep and change the time of day. It's mostly a cosmetic change, since I think it doesn't ever really matter gameplaywise if it is night or day and nights are also pretty bright. Still I'd like to be able to make it day if I want too, especially in these gorgeous environments of the game. I sometimes would literally wait 10 minutes for day break when I reached a new area, that I wanted to explore at daytime. XD

Didn't know the game had so many bugs. Have encountered none so far.

Because this aren't many bugs for a game of this size. My only bug ever in 70+ hours was fixed with this update: The game not recognizing that I finished the Robbing the Rich quest.

I use a ton of those too but I don't think I've ever harvested it and yet I have hundreds. Maybe you need to use freeze more to avoid going thru so many explosives?

Why... why would I use freeze when I could use explosives? Hahahaha. Explosive trip wires doing almost 500 damage with my mods, 4-5 sticky bombs from stealth on a single target -- dead before they know what hit them, tons of proximity blast sling bombs all over the place, explosive traps, fire traps, fire arrows knocked three at a time. I'm not going to avoid playing the way I enjoy because I want to "avoid going thru so many explosives". What a strange concept. I just harvest blaze.

You can't buy resources in bulk with square. Only sell them. Are you on crack?

Shock32

I love GG. Reasons like this, they are going all out with support and the new expansion. With the commercial success of this game they are making fans for life.

I wished there was a way to wait/sleep and change the time of day. It's mostly a cosmetic change, since I think it doesn't ever really matter gameplaywise if it is night or day and nights are also pretty bright. Still I'd like to be able to make it day if I want too, especially in these gorgeous environments of the game. I sometimes would literally wait 10 minutes for day break when I reached a new area, that I wanted to explore at daytime. XD

I could definitely get down with this. Sometimes I think the day/night cycle is too fast, and then I think how grateful I am that nights aren't twice as long.

laxu

Why... why would I use freeze when I could use explosives? Hahahaha. Explosive trip wires doing almost 500 damage with my mods, 4-5 sticky bombs from stealth on a single target -- dead before they know what hit them, tons of proximity blast sling bombs all over the place, explosive traps, fire traps, fire arrows knocked three at a time. I'm not going to avoid playing the way I enjoy because I want to "avoid going thru so many explosives". What a strange concept. I just harvest blaze.

Whatever works for you! I'm more of a rope it, freeze it, sticky bomb it guy. Or against human enemies I just snipe the shit out of them.

KodaRuss

But they do. The scrolling loot list on the right bottom side of the screen shows both how many were picked up and the total you have in parenthesis.

I guess I must have missed that. I assume you are not talking about the Number in parenthesis that is the total amount of the item type you have (resources/modifications etc.). For example if I am picking up Blaze as a resource my pack shows me how much room I have in my inventory for it usually 9#/100 or so for me.

Yes I was hoping for this too, as well as maybe a "Sell All Items That Are Just Used For Selling" function. LOL not sure what you would call that, but for selling all monster vessels & ancient loot.

Yeah, I was expecting a 'Sell all valuables' function to go along with the other shop tweak

Guerrilla Games‏Cuenta verificada @Guerrilla 3 minHace 3 minutos
Más
We've noticed an issue in 1.10 when the player would buy an outfit or weapon they already own. This will be fixed in an upcoming patch.

Edit: Maybe could be added to the op.

Tyaren

Didn't notice much louder fans on Pro but I encountered annoying clicking noices from the Blu-ray drive (I think) during the intro cinematic of the game. At that point I was was already slightly concerned. But when the intro finished the clicking stopped and didn't ever return. Weird...

Mupod

Additions
Added the ability to press and hold [X] to buy multiple items from merchants.

Awesome. As someone who was going through precision arrows/ropecaster ammo extremely fast, buying wire 1 at a time was driving me insane. Now to see if I can get back to and finish this game after Zelda and before Persona 5.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
It's so completely bizarre that this wasn't already in the game from the start.

Devs miss obvious things like this all the time, at least they added it in eventually.

poncle

Will I finally get that 2nd Boar Bone? My 40 hour quest nears its end!

Instead of farming animal parts...

- farm a dozen or so Metal Processed Blocks by killing Scrappers
- save at Meridian
- exchange the Metal Processed Blocks for Dark Scavenger boxes from one of the merchants in Meridian
- reload and try again if the boxes don't contain the animal part you're looking for

(if the game keeps giving you the same items over and over again after you reload, just buy any other treasure box before the Dark Scavenger boxes to change the rng)

red731

Now this I can get behind. I clear out entire camps with sniping. I love it.

Same. Tag everyone and snipe everything living.
Alarm can suck it cause nobody can use it!

I can't wait to get home and play more. What a ride this is.

HUD completely off and just running, walking and breathing everything in. For chill exploration that is.

Will I finally get that 2nd Boar Bone? My 40 hour quest nears its end!

I haven't tried it but try harvester arrows. Also don't forget the cap for resources is 100/100 so make a space for that bone!

Instead of farming animal parts...

- farm a dozen or so Metal Processed Blocks by killing Scrappers
- save at Meridian
- exchange the Metal Processed Blocks for Dark Scavenger boxes from one of the merchants in Meridia
- reload and try again if the boxes don't contain the animal part you're looking for

(if the game keeps giving you the same items over and over again after you reload, just buy any other treasure box before the Dark Scavenger boxes to change the rng)

Yep yep yep yep.

I feel like the game is balanced for you to receive some of your rare animal parts in the Scavenger Dark Box but they never even hint at this being a thing. I would never have known the trends of what those boxes drop if I hadn't heard about it online.

Koh

Yay, I freed Nasan before I even knew who he was. The conversation with him was like "you're free to go, whoever you are" so I figured they planned for this possibility and one I got to that stage in the quest, robbing the rich quest it ends up, they'd be like "woah, you were the one who saved him!".

Instead, he's been wandering that outpost uninteractable with my quest stuck at "free Nasan". I'm so happy they fixed it!

It's so completely bizarre that this wasn't already in the game from the start.

The economy of the game is balanced in such a way that I went through the whole game without buying a single consumable. So I don't doubt people failed to notice how annoying it is to buy stuff one by one.

Zok310

Banned
Already plat the game and then they release all a patch to fix all my complaints...... I ain't even mad.
No just patch inventory items to stack. I got like 8 rows of twigs and blaze which is annoying as hell.

Its unbelievable that such a polished game as this, wehre you would think that the technical aspects are damn near flawless, that the team keeps working to achieve perfection...

Fixes on framerate, collision detection, clipping, animations... this is amazing... kudos to GG they are proving to become one of the most respected devs for me with Horizon.

Meanwhile... Bioware cant run ME:A decently on a PS4 Pro...

/sarcasm.

I honestly can't believe that ME:A can't run at locked 30 on Pro. I really hope they patch it soon to let me run it at 1080p with locked 30 really soon. I can deal with the other stuff, but I can't stand sub 30 anymore. It's the main reason I bought a Pro.

Need a storage box or something similar for inventory management.
Also a wait feature to change time of day. Sometimes I get annoyed roaming in night time or in heavy rain storms.

Shredderi

Added the ability to press and hold [X] to buy multiple items from merchants.

giphy.gif

No more wasting 5 minutes buying wires.

Top Bottom