• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn patch 1.10 is live

J 0 E

Added the ability to press and hold [X] to buy multiple items from merchants.

Nice

now they have to highlight the available bags upgrades instead of having to open it one by one to check.

The patch successfully solved a bugged quest!
robbing the rich

I have the impression that there are more NPC now in cities and settlements. Anybody else having this feeling?

BigDug13

Now this I just cannot fathom. Best third person camera in a game I've played in a long time.

It's fine until you have to fight things in the sky and the tall grasses are allowed to block your view. They need to make adjustments for those situations IMO.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Still waiting that much needed Map Icon filters.
It's bloated with stuff, imo.
And thank GOD for multiple purchases, Holding X for 1.5s for each item was very annoying.

Especially when you wanted to buy 15 and had to buy them individually.

Grassy

Have they ever said why you can't adjust the camera in Photo Mode when you're in a town/village?

It seems really weird they don't allow that.

I suspect that their engine is doing a major amount of culling so they don't want you to mess with the speed you can whip your view point around. You can sometimes notice that things get rendered a tad too late at the edge of the screen when you pan the camera in random directions.
I just want to make it a notch slower >_>

Planet

The menu music is fine, but I don't like how it starts right from the beginning every time you enter. If you switch back and forth, it gets a little annoying. Would have preferred it continuing from previous position, with a little fade in.

Tyaren

Have they ever said why you can't adjust the camera in Photo Mode when you're in a town/village?

It seems really weird they don't allow that.

Because of smaller spaces and many people moving around the camera would probably run into a lot of problems.

Now this I just cannot fathom. Best third person camera in a game I've played in a long time.

Every so often it glitches out when you pull aim, and you're no longer pointing at the thing you wanted to kill. Usually when you're moving around quickly in obstructed places. Plus every so often it just feels like it rotates a little for no apparent reason. Again, while navigating tricky collision. Other than that it's cool.

Also turning Aloy's model off when it gets too close is a bit unsettling.

NeoBob688

I wish they would implement a mechanic to change the time of day. The photo mode change of time doesn't work outside of photo mode.

valkyre

The clipping is so much improved! Aloy's feet now properly stand on the ground instead of clipping through it and yes machines clipping to each other is definitely vastly improved. (still happens but nowhere near before)

Good job Guerilla!

Hopefully machine heart drop rates have improved with this update.

I can spend 20+mins in an area trying to get a part with no luck which is frustrating.

Aske

Jesus Christ!

Someone at GG is REALLY taking this to their heart :)

They're right to. This game is a legit masterpiece. I expected it to be fun, but I can't believe how impressed I am by every facet of its design and execution. I think it may be the most finely crafted game I've ever played.

Radec

Next patch, 2.0

-Added the Hades Expansion
-Added new skill trees mainly for the ability to mount all Machines except for the Rockbreaker.
-Overridden Machines now follow you till they die. (Won't enter towns).

Zackat

Next patch, 2.0

-Added new skill trees mainly for the ability to mount all Machines except for the Rockbreaker.

but mounting a rockbreaker would be the sickest thing. Ride the rock-worm

Tyaren

The clipping is so much improved! Aloy's feet now properly stand on the ground instead of clipping through it and yes machines clipping to each other is definitely vastly improved. (still happens but nowhere near before)

Good job Guerilla!

Are clipping issues usually fixed with a quick patch? Are you sure that's not just the placebo effect kicking in? ;)
There was no mention of fixing this kind of issues in the patch notes, right?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Next patch, 2.0

Patch 2.1

Added ability to use Thunder Jaw cannon manually when mounted.

A2theFake

Neo Member
Added the ability to press and hold [X] to buy multiple items from merchants.

Kinda sad that I'm already done with the game now. This was the number 1 thing I wished for while spending time with the game.

But well...a second playthrough will probably come sooner than later

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Yeah it would be nice.

Also having dawn and dusk's transition to last more than 5 seconds would be better.

Maybe it was just me but I noticed that during the first zone, the hidden lands, the world clock was WAY too fast. But when I reached farther into the game, Meridian etc, the game clock and transitions became 'normal'. Maybe it's designed that way intentionally ?

mitchman

Gold Member
I guess I must have missed that. I assume you are not talking about the Number in parenthesis that is the total amount of the item type you have (resources/modifications etc.).
Yes, wasn't that what you wanted? Maybe I misunderstood.

Maybe it was just me but I noticed that during the first zone, the hidden lands, the world clock was WAY too fast. But when I reached farther into the game, Meridian etc, the game clock and transitions became 'normal'. Maybe it's designed that way intentionally ?

Some quests and side quests seem to require a certain time of day, so you get weird transitions, sometimes. Up until you hit the wide open world, you'll mostly be doing those, so you get the wonky transitions.

I suspect that their engine is doing a major amount of culling so they don't want you to mess with the speed you can whip your view point around. You can sometimes notice that things get rendered a tad too late at the edge of the screen when you pan the camera in random directions.

Yeah, noticed this as well. Reminds me of Megaman on the NES.

laxu

I don't think so. It does sometimes change weather and time of day abruptly to suit the mission or area. For example attacking a bandit camp it suddenly changes to dusk and rain and after you clear it you get clear skies like before you entered. It should still be more gradual everywhere.

Venture

Something weird going on with the datapoints after the 1.10 patch. I no longer have the little cube icon on the compass that shows where they are. And when I scan a new one the notebook doesn't show an exclamation point anymore.

Also I somehow picked up a machine datapoint from one of the longnecks I haven't even seen yet.

Yeah, besides having overridden machines follow you around and having available capacity upgrades highlighted in the menu, I'd really love some way to filter out the map noise and turn off the onscreen quest pathfinder mark.

Sanctuary

Already platinumed the game but this would have been amazing. I hated buying Blaze. 1.....2.......3.......4......5..... *shoots self*

Why ever buy Blaze of all things? One of the first Hunter's Grounds had a huge surplus of Grazers to restock on anytime you needed.

Top Bottom