• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn patch 1.10 is live

Aselith

Seems to be just bug fixes and multi buy?

how would you target parts of the body with "lock-on"?

i'm sure the devs tested using lock-on, and decided it made the game too easy or repetitive because players would no longer target body parts for strategic fighting.

Flip the stick in the direction of the part like many many games have done for target selection?

Just go into photo mode, change the time of day, and when you exit photo mode, the time remains changed!

giphy.gif

OMG dude this is awesome. :O

Whoa.gif

....No, it doesn't....

mokeyjoe

This was probably one of the most complete and polished games at launch I've played in a long time. Shows it can be done, I guess.

RefigeKru

Banned
Don't understand how there's still no aiming sensitivity option in a game where all you do is shoot a bow.

Handling modifications increase your sensitivity I believe - so it ends up being a trade off between speed/damage/tear/etc.. I'm sure it's intentional.

My War bow has high tear and damage but no increased handling, so I whip it out when I'm sure I'll get a hit up close, or to start from afar.

Arcipello

is there an auto run btw.... my left thumb is really feeling the strain of having to hold down the anologue stick to run, and boy is there a lot of running in this game!

Astra

Additions
Added the ability to press and hold [X] to buy multiple items from merchants.

The only thing I care about. Time to stock up on wires!

KORNdoggy

is there an auto run btw.... my left thumb is really feeling the strain of having to hold down the anologue stick to run, and boy is there a lot of running in this game!

it defaults toggle doesn't it? i never changed the setting and i click the stick once and then i'm in "run mode" until i stop. you don't need to keep it clicked.

drotahorror

Already twice as many patches as For Honor. Would have been on par with Dead by Daylight's amount of patches if not for several hotfixes the past week. A game that's been out for almost a year.

Some dev's etiquette for patching is very admirable and appreciative.

Best PS4 exclusive ever just got even better.

I'm 30 hours in and only have explored half of the map and Im enjoying every second of it.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Some nice improvements.

However, my game is awfully glitchy now. Quite a bit of texture flickering here and there. Random loading screens that last maybe about a second. Cutscenes skipping. Have even seen a dead body appear out of thin air and fall to the ground in front of me.

Just go into photo mode, change the time of day, and when you exit photo mode, the time remains changed!

Yep this has happened to me. Went into photomode and adjusted the time of day but when i exited it didn't return to the time it was when i entered.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Only thing remaining is for them to let us choose multiple different things to sell at once, i know it's a minor gripe but it's noticeable when you have a full 100 item inventory and have to sell stuff.

Spasm

Additions
Added the ability to press and hold [X] to buy multiple items from merchants.

The only thing I care about. Time to stock up on wires!
Amen. The hardest part of killing a Thunderjaw is replenishing all those wires afterwards.

NewDust

Already twice as many patches as For Honor. Would have been on par with Dead by Daylight's amount of patches if not for several hotfixes the past week. A game that's been out for almost a year.

Some dev's etiquette for patching is very admirable and appreciative.

Well, I guess it (studio as well as IP) being owned by Sony might have to do with it. Though I believe there is still a 'fine' associated with patches for Sony studios.

Glad they're keeping up support for this game so well!

Still waiting on the option to keep the camera locked in place instead of moving side to side all the time though

drotahorror

Well, I guess it (studio as well as IP) being owned by Sony might have to do with it. Though I believe there is still a 'fine' associated with patches for Sony studios.

Perhaps, no excuse when it's on PC though. A dev could roll out several patches on PC, and then one big patch for consoles if the cost wasn't worth it.

Zabka

It doesn't happen during the game....its when you go to the pause menu and view the map. Go there and leave it for 5-10 seconds and the fan should turn on like a jet plane. Happens on everyones, and I'm hoping they patch it

Yup I get this with my Pro. Never heard it get that loud before.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Like Zabka, i'm on a Pro as well.....I wonder if it's a PS4 Pro specific issue. It's so weird because beyond that specific scenario, you rarely if ever hear the fans at all. However, you can replicate it 100% of the time if you go into the menu, go to the map screen and sit there for 5-10 seconds.

Like Zabka, i'm on a Pro as well.....I wonder if it's a PS4 Pro specific issue. It's so weird because beyond that specific scenario, you rarely if ever hear the fans at all. However, you can replicate it 100% of the time if you go into the menu, go to the map screen and sit there for 5-10 seconds.

Hmm, really strange...

How about getting rid of that awful menu music.

wat

It reminds me of the classic Fallouts.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Lack of any inventory sorting (especially outfits) is what's been bothering me most, tbh... seems so straightforward to solve too, and yet nothing.

What a peculiar omission.

Lucreto

I want a storage chest for all the branches, wire and Boar Bones I have collected. I have machine parts I want to hold onto as I know they will be needed down the line.

NIN90

Don't understand how there's still no aiming sensitivity option in a game where all you do is shoot a bow.

I suspect that their engine is doing a major amount of culling so they don't want you to mess with the speed you can whip your view point around. You can sometimes notice that things get rendered a tad too late at the edge of the screen when you pan the camera in random directions.

Top Bottom