• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn | Screenshot Thread

Eggbok

horizonzerodawn_20170fjad1.png

horizonzerodawn_20170gvb7n.png

Tyaren

I can't wait to post pics of a certain underground area. >__< I guess in a couple of days that's fine and not considered spoilery anymore?

You should have pulled the FOV out and cropped the photo to make it a more vertical pano-type shot. This one could be awesome.

Yeah, I see what you're saying.

I definitely want to start cropping some photos. Later tonight I'll invest time into doing so. See what I come up with.

I'm sure I've just scratched the surface but this whole world is a photography playground.

This was absolutely one of the reasons I got a Pro. And it was absolutely the right call A lot of games look good on the Pro. But this looks epic.

Yo the variety looks insaneeee. Like, Im seeing 4 different kinds of foliage.

Does GG have a second studio or are we to expect a Horizon sequel in like 2-3 years?

Yo the variety looks insaneeee. Like, Im seeing 4 different kinds of foliage.

Does GG have a second studio or are we to expect a Horizon sequel in like 2-3 years?

They do but I think it works similar to ND where the second team is doing pre-production work until the other team completes a game and then they all get onto that other game. That's what happened with Horizon. It was in pre-production until Shadow Fall was completed. At that point it went into full production as that team moved over to it.

Photomode is "cheating" since it adds post-processing effects (I assume?)

I made a comparison!

The only thing I can see different in photomode is that the anti-aliasing technique settles slightly giving ever so slight improvements to image quality but it is a very, very minimal difference, it's almost non-existent. In fact, it might just be the slight change from the wind that is making it look different.

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/202062

NPC's (these two are bigger in the story) look as exceptional as Aloy does.

33175887975_447f27e894_o.png

33019305962_a90ce37333_o.png

All the costume (and hair) design in this game is so good. Everyone has totally unique clothing and hair styles. The variety and cultural differences are so great.

dr guildo

I made a comparison!

The only thing I can see different in photomode is that the anti-aliasing technique settles slightly giving ever so slight improvements to image quality but it is a very, very minimal difference, it's almost non-existent. In fact, it might just be the slight change from the wind that is making it look different.

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/202062

For me, clearly the wind which made the change, even the particule in the air have their position changed. If you switch with your mouse extremely fast, you clearly observe the animation of the wind working... No IQ enhancement at all...

Top Bottom