• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn SPOILERS Thread

DKHF

Still better than the robot aloy fake
I saw someone claiming this was a spoiler in the replies to a Horizon tweet (and got frustrated that I saw it because I'm avoiding spoilers)... So Aloy being a robot is not true and that's from the fake leak? Just yes or no, don't want details.

Socivol

I saw someone claiming this was a spoiler in the replies to a Horizon tweet (and got frustrated that I saw it because I'm avoiding spoilers)... So Aloy being a robot is not true and that's from the fake leak? Just yes or no, don't want details.

It's not true.

OMFG this gammmmeeeee!!

NcyQxhc.jpg

jweR4JJ.jpg

AIahOfY.jpg

k3LWfM0.jpg

T08N2Uk.jpg

the photomode is incredible!

http://imgur.com/a/EIJHa < --- full gallery here.

I don't remember all the locations, but the power cells are in the bunkers that we explore during the main campaign. If I'm not mistaken, the last one is in Eleuthia-9.

Can anyone who played the game tell me: Does the game use the all the DualShock 4 features from changing colors of lightbar, sounds from monospeaker, trackpad, motion controls?

LuuKyK

Can anyone who played the game tell me: Does the game use the all the DualShock 4 features from changing colors of lightbar, sounds from monospeaker, trackpad, motion controls?

Yes to sounds from the monospeaker. In fact one of the reviews complained that it's used too often.

Osahi

I don't remember all the locations, but the power cells are in the bunkers that we explore during the main campaign. If I'm not mistaken, the last one is in Eleuthia-9.
Thanks. I played the game at a slightly higher tempo to make my deadline, so I must've missed they are there.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
I need help from those of you who have beaten the game.

Stumped like crazy.

I'm at the Ruin/Bunker in the North of the map, where you have to fight the stormbird. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to actually get inside the bunker! There is a series of ledges to climb up, but once I'm at the top under what I assume is the entrance I can't seem to figure out where to go!

Anyone who has gotten this far if you could offer any assistance that would be amazing.

Stumped like crazy.

I'm at the Ruin/Bunker in the North of the map, where you have to fight the stormbird. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to actually get inside the bunker! There is a series of ledges to climb up, but once I'm at the top under what I assume is the entrance I can't seem to figure out where to go!

Anyone who has gotten this far if you could offer any assistance that would be amazing.

I went there too; yeah nothing - the icy area? Maybe be a plot thing for later?

Stumped like crazy.

For curiosity, what was your last main mission completed?

In any case, you go to that ruin/bunker on a main mission.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
For curiosity, what was your last main mission completed?

In any case, you go to that ruin/bunker on a main mission.

I just investigated Esra's disappearance, pretty early on main mission-wise.

Can you explain how you got into the bunker? I just want to know if I'm missing something obvious or if it only happens during a mission.

I just investigated Esra's disappearance, pretty early on main mission-wise.

Can you explain how you got into the bunker? I just want to know if I'm missing something obvious or if it only happens during a mission.

You are in the mission "Into the Borderlands". Ok. Yeah, don't worry. You go into that bunker/ruin on a main mission. It's something that only happens during the mission.

CHC

Not really here for spoilers per se, but I'm glad that that "she's a robot" ending was fake. It was fucking stupid, and now I can go in knowing nothing again.

The Lamp

So, I want to comment on this robot ending thing. MAJOR ENDING STORY SPOILERS INCOMING (that most of you already read anyway):

She's not a robot.

But she was created by Robot AI, and is a reincarnated clone of Dr. Sorbeck.

So the rumor is half-right, or rather, true for all the wrong reasons, in some sense.

The Lamp

Btw nobody in the other threads understood this, but holy shit Guerrilla has been spoiling people in their trailers.

I'm not sure why they decided to blatantly spoil the encounter with a Metal Devil (the technology that comprised HADES, the main antagonist of this game), the largest machine in the game.

And they even spoiled the main encounters with a stormbird and a thunderjaw.

At least they didn't show off Meridian.

Btw Horizon has one of the best bits of dialogue for a videogamer in ages.

Made me laugh and you will too when you get to it:

something something you're a mass murderer: directed at Aloy

it sort of references the whole uncharted/drake thing. Not sure if intentional and the other irony is who said it.

hbkdx12

I'm considering getting the digital deluxe edition with that comes with a couple of outfits.

Code:
Carja Storm Ranger Outfit and Mighty Bow
Banuk Trailblazer Outfit and Culling Bow
Banuk Traveller Pack
Carja Trapper Pack
Nora Keeper Pack

For anyone that has the game, does anyone know if the outfits are outfits that you eventually get in the game through regular play and if so is there any indication on what the stats are

I'm not sure if the extra tenner is worth it. If it's stuff that you can eventually come across with normal play i may just pass

I'm considering getting the digital deluxe edition with that comes with a couple of outfits.

Code:
Carja Storm Ranger Outfit and Mighty Bow
Banuk Trailblazer Outfit and Culling Bow
Banuk Traveller Pack
Carja Trapper Pack
Nora Keeper Pack

For anyone that has the game, does anyone know if the outfits are outfits that you eventually get in the game through regular play and if so is there any indication on what the stats are

I'm not sure if the extra tenner is worth it. If it's stuff that you can eventually come across with normal play i may just pass

you won't get them ingame. But from my playthrough, I doubt they're worth it.

I'd pay $10 for an all green outfit with a green hat.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
What a time to be alive. If one had shown off those screengrabs months ago, everyone in every thread would have sworn up and down that they were bullshots, offline renders designed to make the game as pretty as possible, and those are supposedly OG PS4 shots?

hbkdx12

Those shots are beautiful

That said im having a growing hatred for all the different head pieces Aloy has. They all look kind of dumb :(

vivekTO

And framerate don't tank while doing all this, Right??
Good god!! beautiful gifs and post.

Also did anyone came across the Futuristic armor or try it. Is it different , what abilities you get while wearing it??

And framerate don't tank while doing all this, Right??
Good god!! beautiful gifs and post.

Also did anyone came across the Futuristic armor or try it. Is it different , what abilities you get while wearing it??

I got the quest to find it but I need more parts and I have no clue where it is. Plus I need that shit, there is a corrupted land with TWO ROCKBREAKERS. I don't even understand how to approach that fight. So that's me end game final battle, I'll come in like iron man and take them down.

I got the quest to find it but I need more parts and I have no clue where it is. Plus I need that shit, there is a corrupted land with TWO ROCKBREAKERS. I don't even understand how to approach that fight. So that's me end game final battle, I'll come in like iron man and take them down.

Suprisingly, not too difficult once you work out how to do it.

this is how i did it

They take a lot of damage from fire arrows. You can climb onto that big rock thing in the middle and they won't be able to get you there. They'll spray rocks, but you can roll away. Climb up there, use fire arrows and you'll take them out very soon. Because the fire damage stacks, the more arrows the better and the burn damage will be 60+. If your skill tree is maxed out, you can triple arrow. For some reason, probably because they're corrupted, you can't seem to use tear arrows on them.

Some Pics.

E1Qscap.jpg

G094dJO.jpg

WOBOIMr.jpg

ZIpwmGw.jpg

ZHTvhbU.jpg

kVCILD4.jpg

qrTa0QM.jpg

nsAClWW.jpg

^ Fun fact with this last one. You know Guerilla's crazy attention to detail? Aloy's clothes get sandy/dirty if you roll around in dirt. Top pic, she's clean, bottom pic she's covered in dirt.

http://imgur.com/BYm4Pkq <--Cauldron.

http://imgur.com/9mNCbhs <-- Late game cutscene but it was so amazing I had to press screencapture - without context, you won't get what it is anyhow. It's just a good looking picture though

Full set here: Be mindful; cauldron and late game cutscene pic is in there. Nothing too spoilerific though.

The point of no return in the sunfall mission, is it really the end? Syliens told me do everything before starting, so should I do all side quests first?

The point of no return in the sunfall mission, is it really the end? Syliens told me do everything before starting, so should I do all side quests first?

I found that weird because that's not the final mission. The last mission is called "looming shadow" and also has one of those "do everything now before the end" moments.

All that being said, you can just go back and finish everything after the end of the game anyway

You can go back and do the side quests after (oh you're not at the final mission btw)
But

I dunno if you want to.

I'm not ultra OCD on hunting down all the metal flowers etc
but I'm curious to know what they unlock. Them special
Merchants....
:p

tiddles

Sylens is just telling you to stock up a bit on supplies before you enter the next area... unfortunately it's worded in such a way that you might easily think that it's the point of no return. You are completely free to do everything afterwards :)

Top Bottom