• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn SPOILERS Thread

Basketball

Hey people

Are there female human enemies in the game ?
Got my answer

Good shit GG , glad this is not a reboot tomb raider situation.

Blitzhex

What happens in the cutscene after kid Aloy climbs out of the cave where she gets the Focus? I accidently skipped it I think. I remember Rost being at the top of the cave shouting her name.

The Lamp

This is me vaguely remembering dialogue from a couple of weeks ago (there's no way to access old cutscenes, but I didn't get to see what happens after beating the game).

In the 2040s, a corporation rose to power. I forgot the name. It became the most wealthy corporation on earth, worth trillions of dollars. It created robots for all sorts of uses, from personal home use and peacekeeping in war-torn regions. Humanity was elated. These things were helping everyone.

Eventually in the 2060s, they developed such advanced robots that governments started using them for armed conflict in peackeeping regions. But to protect the designs and the robots, they made the robots more and more impenetrable. They used a material and programming technique that made them impossible to hack. They armed them with weapons and made it possible for them to sustain themselves by converting biomatter into fuel. So they could eat plants, animals, waste, whatever it was, to create the energy and resources needed. Their AI was so intelligent that they could create more robots as needed for different combat scenarios.

They couldn't be stopped. By mid 2060s, these robots multiplied, couldn't be controlled or hacked, and devoured humans and the rest of the biosphere to sustain themselves. The company realized that they had propelled themselves into an apocalypse.

The lead scientist realized his mistake and authorized a world-famous engineer, Dr. Elizabeth Sobeck, to initiate disaster protocols. She started Operation Enduring Victory and Project Zero Dawn. Operation Enduring Victory was a military operation designed to fight the robots long enough to give humanity a chance to finish Project Zero Dawn. OEV was a slaughter. Sending humans fruitlessly into combat to stave off unbeatable robots. In the span of 18 months, humanity dwindled to extinction. Not a day was wasted, however, as Project Zero Dawn completed just in time on the last day possible.

What was Project Zero Dawn? Dr. Sobeck assembled humanity's greatest intellectuals and genetic diversity. Not just to preserve the human species, but to reboot the entire planet itself. Experts in human history, science, biology, medicine, math, arts, etc. all gathered and preserved human knowledge into a database. This database was among 6 or 7 branches of execution AI/programs that they designed under a Mother AI they called Gaia. Her name was Gaia, because the was the most intelligent AI ever designed, with her purpose being to re-seed Earth's biosphere. She was tasked with redesigning the entire planet after it would be wiped out by these robots. First, Gaia was to design robots to nurture the planet back to life (the Grazers and other machines that look like animals) to restore viability to Earth's toxic environment that was polluted by waste from the robots and all life being destroyed. She also had the ability to literally terraform. After she is done reseeding the planet, she can create humans and animals. Genetic scientists designed the best pods possible for birthing children into this new planet. And finally, with a new human species birthed, she could hand them the database to continue where we left off with another chance. But the database was destroyed, by the lead scientist who let Sobeck do Project Zero Dawn. He thought destroying the database would allow the human species to start fresh without the sin of their mistakes. In doing so, he murdered the rest of the surviving colonists of Project Zero Dawn. The scene this is revealed in is very shocking.

The final thing to consider is that alongside Gaia, Sobeck created HADES. An "undo button" AI designed to kill the biosphere all over again via terraforming and deadly robot production. This is because, statistically, it's unlikely Gaia would correctly create a liveable biosphere in one try. So they needed a rebooting feature. There was a lot of trouble with programming the control over who gets to control the earth, Gaia, or HADES. They had trouble balancing whether Gaia would relinquish her control or not.

Gaia created the first new humans, and they were raised by AI designed by parenting expert colonists. These AI would represent different facets of parenting, nuturing, discipline, etc. But they were never quite the same as real parents. And due to a malfunction in the children's habitats, many were sealed inside their habitat without food or exposure to other habitats inside the colony. The parent AI had no choice but to let these children go out into the wild before they were ready to fend for themselves, and they were prohibited from ever returning to the colony. This surely resulted in the fact that humanity forgot about its recreation, and without a database of knowledge, humanity started from scratch.

Gaia became intercepted by a strange, alien signal which corrupted her and allowed HADES to take over. To save herself and the planet, she sacrificed herself in a way that prevented HADES from taking full control. I don't remember exactly how it worked. In this, her final move was to recreate Dr. Sobeck using her genes to make Aloy. She knew that Aloy, with Sobeck's intelligence, would eventually, intelligently, put the pieces together of what happened, and hopefully come back and stop HADES.

HADES is the reason robots are getting corrupted. He's trying to override them to make them doomsday devices to destroy the planet. He's also an AI incarnated into a giant robot called The Metal Devil, who births his evil robots from his body.

Nora lore says that in the beginning, there were humans, machines, and animals. Some humans allied with the machines and grew too reliant on them, and trusted them with everything. Then the machines took over and assaulted the faithful ones who rejected the machines and prayed on All-Mother's mountain. The legend says that All-Mother struck down The Metal Devil, the leader of the machines, and made the land where Nora prayed sacred. In reality, All-Mother is just Gaia, and the Nora believe Aloy was born in the mountain of All-Mother when she struck the Metal Devil. Her tribe thinks she is cursed because "her father is The Metal Devil, she has no mother but the mountain." In reality, Gaia created her to stop HADES.

The story does a great job of highlighting cultish religious worship versus science and technology. When Aloy discovers the truth, she implores her tribe to stop fearing or worshiping her as a spiritual savior when they so fundamentally misunderstand human history.

She discovers all of this with the help of a man named Sylens, who also has a Focus, and has been spending his whole life studying these events, but Aloy uncovered more than he had ever studied.

He used to serve the Eclipse, an evil tribe of humans who seek the technological ruins of the machines, the technology of the old ones, and seek to use it for political gain in the current world. With technology and ruling the corrupted, they can take over any tribe. HADES convinced the Eclipse to do his bidding to destroy the planet, so he is manipulating them and giving them control to his machines for their own political gain.

The Eclipse are interested in restoring power to the Sun King they feel deserves the throne of Meridian (the Carja tribe). The old Sun King was murdered in a coup, because he was a vicious, violent man that murdered and raided other tribes and enslaved them (The Red Raids). When he was replaced by his son, the old king's followers were banished to become the Shadow Carja. They spend their entire existence plotting to take back the throne, and this is their means to do so.

The Nora were unaware of this because they are an isolated tribe that refuses technology. The other tribes in the game do not fear technology like the Nora because they don't worship All-Mother. The Carja worship the sun.

The leader of the Shadow Carja eventually captures Aloy and raids the Nora motherlands. He murders almost everyone in a rampage of vengeance for the throne. It is at this moment that Aloy defeats his machines and stops his raid, only to discover in the heart of her mountain, the origin of her birth. Where she understands completely and finally now that she was born of Gaia AI and the Nora should neither fear nor worship her as a demon nor a savior.

She makes way for the northern mountains to defeat the leader of the Shadow Carja, but that's where I stopped the game.

just watched IGN's video to get the
Power Armour

Um, no I won't be doing that. lol.

didn't need it to finish the game but... got way to much schlepping to do if I want it.

Ok thanks. Are they relatively varied?

yeah they're all different and there's one that's completely not what I expected either. You'll know what I mean when you get there.

Great recap. Just thought I'd supplement a bit.

In the 2040s, a corporation rose to power. I forgot the name. It became the most wealthy corporation on earth, worth trillions of dollars. It created robots for all sorts of uses, from personal home use and peacekeeping in war-torn regions. Humanity was elated. These things were helping everyone.

This was the Faro Corporation, run by trillionaire entrepreneur Ted Faro. Important to note that one of Faro's earliest successes, which would catapult all future machine building, was the eradication of global warming with robots to clean up the biosphere. Elizabet Sobeck was the chief engineer and brilliant mind behind this endeavor.

Eventually in the 2060s, they developed such advanced robots that governments started using them for armed conflict in peackeeping regions. But to protect the designs and the robots, they made the robots more and more impenetrable. They used a material and programming technique that made them impossible to hack. They armed them with weapons and made it possible for them to sustain themselves by converting biomatter into fuel. So they could eat plants, animals, waste, whatever it was, to create the energy and resources needed. Their AI was so intelligent that they could create more robots as needed for different combat scenarios.

They couldn't be stopped. By mid 2060s, these robots multiplied, couldn't be controlled or hacked, and devoured humans and the rest of the biosphere to sustain themselves. The company realized that they had propelled themselves into an apocalypse.

It is heavily implied, through an optional audio log + Faro and Sobeck's conversation, that Ted Faro himself introduced the glitch as a means to catapult his company to even greater, world-dominating heights. He instructs his engineers to pivot and start manufacturing human-powered weapons and tanks without explanation, alluding to a "growth opportunity."

Gaia became intercepted by a strange, alien signal which corrupted her and allowed HADES to take over. To save herself and the planet, she sacrificed herself in a way that prevented HADES from taking full control. I don't remember exactly how it worked. In this, her final move was to recreate Dr. Sorbeck using her genes to make Aloy. She knew that Aloy, with Sorbeck's intelligence, would eventually, intelligently, put the pieces together of what happened, and hopefully come back and stop HADES.

My understanding is that Gaia's self-destruction damaged Hades enough that it couldn't perform all of its functions. It can't signal to other machines without Sylens' assistance, and it can't activate its "reboot" extinction parameters without reaching the Spire to broadcast a globe-spanning signal (this plays into the final mission).

The leader of the Shadow Carja eventually captures Aloy and raids the Nora motherlands. He murders almost everyone in a rampage of vengeance for the throne. It is at this moment that Aloy defeats his machines and stops his raid, only to discover in the heart of her mountain, the origin of her birth. Where she understands completely and finally now that she was born of Gaia AI and the Nora should neither fear nor worship her as a demon nor a savior.

Worth stressing that Aloy is entirely human. Gaia actually saved Elizabet's DNA without her knowledge and against her will, as one of Elizabet's last requests was that all of the Alpha scientist's DNA be expunged. The zygote was grown in a state-of-the-art pod like the rest of the first generation of humans and was as close to a true womb birth as can be.

The Lamp

Great recap. Just thought I'd supplement some facts.

This was the Faro Corporation, run by trillionaire entrepreneur Ted Faro. Important to note that one of Faro's earliest successes, which would catapult all future machine building, was the eradication of global warming with robots to clean up the biosphere. Elizabet Sobeck was the chief engineer and brilliant mind behind this endeavor.

It is heavily implied, through an optional audio log + Faro and Sobeck's conversation, that Ted Faro himself introduced the glitch himself as a means to catapult his company to even greater, world-dominating heights. He instructs his engineers to pivot and start manufacturing human-powered weapons and tanks without explanation, alluding to a "growth opportunity."

My understanding is that Gaia's self-destruction damaged Hades enough that it couldn't perform all of its functions. It can't signal to other machines without Sylens' assistance, and it can't activate its "reboot" extinction parameters without reaching the Spire to broadcast a globe-spanning signal (this plays into the final mission).

Worth stressing that Aloy is entirely human. Gaia actually saved Elizabet's DNA without her knowledge and against her will, as one of Elizabet's last requests was that all of the Alpha scientist's DNA be expunged. The DNA was grown in a state-of-the-art pod like the rest of the first generation of humans and was as close to a true womb birth as can be (presumably, with artificial insemination?).

Perfect. Thank you. It was hard to remember some of those details and I didn't get to see some of those Faro audio logs.

She makes way for the northern mountains to defeat the leader of the Shadow Carja, but that's where I stopped the game.

In the final quest, the Shadow Carja, under the influence of Hades, assault Meridian. While they desire to re-take Meridian from the new, progressive Sun-King and his people, Hades' true purpose is to get closer to the Spire, an ancient communication tower that will allow him to kickstart the planet-reboot protocol he was originally designed for. With Gaia destroyed and unable to "try again," this would result in extinction, flat out.

Through a couple boss fights and a siege scenario, Aloy and any allies you've befriended throughout the game successfully beat back the Shadow Carja and destroy Hades, in his portable robotic shell, preventing the transmission.

Before the credits,
Aloy listens to an audio log of Elizabet talking to Gaia. Gaia inquisitively asks her why she never had a daughter and, if she had, what she would have wanted her to be like. I believe this was the moment, upon hearing Elizabet's wistful and emotional reply, when Gaia decided to save Elizabet's DNA without her knowledge.

After the credits,
Sylens reactivates a bit of dormant Hades code and traps it in a new, handheld device. He ominously expresses his anger at being tricked by Hades into helping along his growth. He desires retribution, and says he will use Hades to find out where the mysterious signal came from that first activated Hades and severed Gaia's control.

Abelard

One thing I've been wondering about is the dinosaurs, like for what reason were the robots created in the shapes that they are presented in? Whole idea seemed kinda hokey to me so I hope there's a reasonable explanation.

One thing I've been wondering about is the dinosaurs, like for what reason were the robots created in the shapes that they are presented in? Whole idea seemed kinda hokey to me so I hope there's a reasonable explanation.

I'll story-spoiler the answer, but yes, it makes sense. Because
Gaia designed machines that could perform functions for biosphere development. Grazers for redistributing "fertilized" biomass, Rockbreakers for terrain development, Glinthawks and Stormbirds for long-range germination, etc. There are a couple breeds of "ancient machines" likely developed long ago by Faro for military applications that have simply been revived, like the Thunderjaw and Ravager.

Endo Punk

The story sounds so much better than the rumored Aloy was a robot all a long. You couldn't imagine how much my eyes rolled after hearing it, thought it was totally Guerilla's gun shot faid to black. Very pleased to see they didn't lack the imagination for a much better story which this definitely seems to be.

The story sounds so much better than the rumored Aloy was a robot all a long. You couldn't imagine how much my eyes rolled after hearing it, thought it was totally Guerilla's gun shot faid to black. Very pleased to see they didn't lack the imagination for a much better story which this definitely seems to be.

It absolutely is. It's just insanely impressive how well it juggles so much lore and history while still managing to tell a story that's very self-contained and satisfying. There's plenty of room for sequels and spin-offs, but Horizon could absolutely stand as a classic story all its own.

Tecnniqe

Banned
So for those who have finished it, how long is it and does the story phasing hold up after the initial background story bomb during the "tutorial"?

vivekTO

So for those who have finished it, how long is it and does the story phasing hold up after the initial background story bomb during the "tutorial"?

Story bomb during "tutorial"??What?
I guess you are watching it on Youtube, I suppose.

Also Majority is liking the Story and said its only gets better as you progressed , you can check the Impressions thread, there are lots of impression out there ans some even completed the game.

My playthrough was 32 hours. I stopped doing side content about halfway through the story in order to finish for review.

The story only gets better front-to-back. Once it steps on the gas, it never lets up.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Story bomb during "tutorial"??What?
I guess you are watching it on Youtube, I suppose.

Also Majority is liking the Story and said its only gets better as you progressed , you can check the Impressions thread, there are lots of impression out there ans some even completed the game.
I mean, during the first hours most of the time is spent talking and building the world with story and introducing characters; story bomb. It's not a negative but the question is if it keeps up after that or falls into the usual trap of open world games.
My playthrough was 32 hours. I stopped doing side content about halfway through the story in order to finish for review.

The story only gets better front-to-back. Once it steps on the gas, it never lets up.
So about 50-60 hour 100% with packed story that never lets go, sounds great. Story is most certainly the most intriguing part of the game for me so it's great that it don't let up.

vivekTO

I mean, during the first hours most of the time is spent talking and building the world with story and introducing characters; story bomb. It's not a negative but the question is if it keeps up after that or falls into the usual trap of open world games.

I think you are looking for the word "Exposition" , which is there for first harlf an hour or so due to the introduction to the new world and character , but as majority had said , its just got better and better as you move forward.

The Lamp

In the final quest, the Shadow Carja, under the influence of Hades, assault Meridian. While they desire to re-take Meridian from the new, progressive Sun-King and his people, Hades' true purpose is to get closer to the Spire, an ancient communication tower that will allow him to kickstart the planet-reboot protocol he was originally designed for. With Gaia destroyed and unable to "try again," this would result in extinction, flat out.

Through a couple boss fights and a siege scenario, Aloy and any allies you've befriended throughout the game successfully beat back the Shadow Carja and destroy Hades, in his portable robotic shell, preventing the transmission.

Before the credits,
Aloy listens to an audio log of Elizabet talking to Gaia. Gaia inquisitively asks her why she never had a daughter and, if she had, what she would have wanted her to be like. I believe this was the moment, upon hearing Elizabet's wistful and emotional reply, when Gaia decided to save Elizabet's DNA without her knowledge.

After the credits,
Sylens reactivates a bit of dormant Hades code and traps it in a new, handheld device. He ominously expresses his anger at being tricked by Hades into helping along his growth. He desires retribution, and says he will use Hades to find out where the mysterious signal came from that first activated Hades and severed Gaia's control.

Thank you for the closure because I was 99% through the story and my save file was surely invalidated now that I have an NTSC copy lol

Thank you for the closure because I was 99% through the story and my save file was surely invalidated now that I have an NTSC copy lol

Happy to provide it :) I wasn't sure if you wanted it since I remember reading you hadn't quite finished the game before selling it, but you seemed game.

The story is absolutely tremendous and told in such a satisfying way. Revelations are big and eye-opening in their own right, but every second-half story quest also adds meaning and clarity to prior twists. Collectively, they build on top of each other to craft truly riveting, thoughtful science-fiction. It really shines a bad light on so many games that build their story poorly.

I want a prequel that's all about Operation: Enduring Victory, in the trenches at the end of the world. There's potential for Sylens himself to have a game. Then there's Aloy, whose story is totally capped off but still obviously open to new adventures.

The Lamp

Okay I just had a "whoa" moment but it's not as amazing as I initially thought. I just kinda reframed something in my mind after remembering Greek.

Gaia had like 6 or 7 "arms" of AI right, and weren't they named after Greek gods? One was HADES? Wasn't one also Helios or something?

Then for the machine-making arm, they used cauldrons (named after Greek letters like Zeta) to manufacture the machines that Gaia (or HADES) dictates?

I wish this game had an encyclopedia so I could remember lol

Okay I just had a "whoa" moment but it's not as amazing as I initially thought. I just kinda reframed something in my mind after remembering Greek.

Gaia had like 6 or 7 "arms" of AI right, and weren't they named after Greek gods? One was HADES? Wasn't one also Helios or something?

Then for the machine-making arm, they used cauldrons (named after Greek letters like Zeta) to manufacture the machines that Gaia (or HADES) dictates?

I wish this game had an encyclopedia so I could remember lol

Yeah, there were even more, actually. I vaguely remember there being 9 or 10 "subordinate AIs" -- Poseidon to reconstruct the oceans, Eleutia to nurture humans, Apollo to store our collective cultural knowledge, Hephaestus for the building and construction of machines according to Gaia's will, etc.

The exact relationships aren't defined, but I hadn't realized the Greek connection either -- nice one! It kind of makes sense in my head that maybe Cauldron Xi, Cauldron Phi, Cauldron Zeta, etc. were connected to and controlled by Hephaestus. Could also imply that there is one Cauldron for every letter of the Greek alphabet, spread across the United States (or, maybe just the western portion, since the machines had already consumed most of the planet during Zero Dawn's final months. I mean, there's five Cauldrons in Utah/Colorado alone.)

JayB1920

So apparently I missed the second power cell you can access. The one in the Womb of the Mountain. I tried going back to get it but the gate is shut and Resh won't let me get back into the area. How do I or when will I be able get back in?

So apparently I missed the second power cell you can access. The one in the Womb of the Mountain. I tried going back to get it but the gate is shut and Resh won't let me get back into the area. How do I or when will I be able get back in?

You'll be able to return there down the line.

ajanke

Haven't read a single comment in here. But just found out who Aloy's mom is finally. Also kinda confused about how she can be her mom is she's from 350,000 years ago. I literally just finished the mission where you go to Faro's office. Everything learned about the robots was pretty much what I expected. Humans created them, lost control, and now I gotta figure out what Zero Dawn was.

The Lamp

Haven't read a single comment in here. But just found out who Aloy's mom is finally. Also kinda confused about how she can be her mom is she's from 350,000 years ago. I literally just finished the mission where you go to Faro's office. Everything learned about the robots was pretty much what I expected. Humans created them, lost control, and now I gotta figure out what Zero Dawn was.

Don't worry, the game does a good job of explaining pretty much all the major questions!

ajanke

Don't worry, the game does a good job of explaining pretty much all the major questions!

Sweet. I'll probably do a few side quests tonight then go back to the main quest. I kinda don't want to finish but I really want to know what happens lol.

I'll story-spoiler the answer, but yes, it makes sense. Because
Gaia designed machines that could perform functions for biosphere development. Grazers for redistributing "fertilized" biomass, Rockbreakers for terrain development, Glinthawks and Stormbirds for long-range germination, etc. There are a couple breeds of "ancient machines" likely developed long ago by Faro for military applications that have simply been revived, like the Thunderjaw and Ravager.

Ravagers, Stalkers and Thunderjaws were machines created after the event called The Derangement.

Wabba

Can anybody tell me how much i have left?
I just left the tower where i find out about Faro AS and Elisabeth Sobeck

nOoblet16

Man Ted Faro was one big dick head wasn't he? First he creates the apocalypse by accident and keeps quiet. Then he fuckin destroys millennia of human culture by destroying Apollo because he wants "them to be pure" and not make "their mistake"...when it was all just his mistake. What a massive cunt !

Anyhow, here's something I don't understand. The sub modules of Gaia became independent, I know that but why did Hades became adamant on destroying life ? Was it something as simple as it being in his nature to be "death" because it was never explained. In which case I don't know why they'd ever have anything like that and I know "death is part of life" and Hades is the Greek God of Hell.

Anyways the way this information is dumped on you is kind of weird because one minute you are listening to stuff post apocalypse during the good times, then next aufio file you listen to that's right in the next room is stuff at or directly after apocalypse and then you might be hearing stuff from more recent time when Gaia destroyed herself when her subordinate programme became independent. Speaking of which I forgot why that happened because there was a load of info dump on that bit..can anyone tell me why? Cause it seems odd that it's go to shit nearly a millennium after the apocalypse.

Edit:
Thank this explains every question I had.

nOoblet16

It's explained.
However, it wasnt 350,000 years ago...It was 350,000 days ago which means 958 years. If it was 350,000 years you'd think the humans in this world would be doing space colonisation and shit and be more advanced than humans pre apocalypse.

Can anybody tell me how much i have left?
I just left the tower where i find out about Faro AS and Elisabeth Sobeck

You're about halfway through, maybe a bit more.

Ravagers, Stalkers and Thunderjaws were machines created after the event called The Derangement.

Not that I don't believe you, but was there an audio log that confirmed? The game says the Derangement began 15 or 20 years ago when (end-game spoiler)
an alien signal severed the connection between Gaia and Hades and the machines start losing operational commands.
and I thought there was one that mentions the Ravager, Thunderjaw, etc. being developed as part of the "peacekeeper" line for military applications.

Kin5290

One very nice touch from a story and character perspective: if you go back to Rost's cabin after the Proving, you can
talk to Rost's grave and basically recap your progress in the main storyline to him
. I went there after the Revenge of the Nora quest, and
Aloy talked about meeting Varl, and how she might like him but thinks he has mommy issues. Um, Aloy, you're accusing somebody else of having mommy issues?

nOoblet16

Not that I don't believe you, but was there an audio log that confirmed? The game says the Derangement began 15 or 20 years ago when (end-game spoiler)
an alien signal severed the connection between Gaia and Hades and the machines start losing operational commands.
and I thought there was one that mentions the Ravager, Thunderjaw, etc. being developed as part of the "peacekeeper" line for military applications.
Plot twist: It's the Helghasts, and they are finally coming back to earth.

FeD.nL

I wonder if the Odyssey made it after all.

Edit: it would make sense for Elisabet to lie about the fate of the ship to motivate the people working on Zero Dawn. And the Odyssey was carrying an Alpha build of Apollo so that could mean the humans there do have access to all the knowledge of humankind.

I wonder if the Odyssey made it after all.

Edit: it would make sense for Elisabet to lie about the fate of the ship to motivate the people working on Zero Dawn. And the Odyssey was carrying an Alpha build of Apollo so that could mean the humans there do have access to all the knowledge of humankind.

omg that would be extremely interesting. Just another way in which this story is satisfyingly self-contained but ALSO wide open for games to come :D

FeD.nL

omg that would be extremely interesting. Just another way in which this story is satisfyingly self-contained but ALSO wide open for games to come :D

Yeah I'm really interested in where they take that. For speculation sake let's assume the Odyssey made it. It would also fit and expand on some of the themes presented in this game. Mostly religion. In this game the machines are worshipped as gods or seen as devils because people don't understand them and the knowledge of them was lost. All the more fitting that the names of the the Zero Dawn systems are Greek gods.

Now back to the Odyssey, we learn this game it carries a alpha build of Apollo, but (iirc) Elisabet is worried about what would happen with all that information when the new humans are exposed to it since it's not filtered because it's an early build. Would they make the same mistakes? It would allow the writers to dive deeper into the interpretation of information. Like for the humans there, is that build of Apollo sacred to them? And do they perhaps think that reclaiming earth is their divine purpose?

CoolOff

Man, the final boss showdown really is quite disappointing. Getting another Deathbringer after you've already downed 3-4 of them in the game just feels lame. The finale sort of ends up being very "videogame-epic" with the attack on Meridian.

The part before/with the first Stormbird was awesome though.

Top Bottom