• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horror Game Leak - Alpha build screen shots and art. Maybe Sony game (not Bend)?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Anything as far as gameplay systems? Action, or more survival-oriented, etc?

Something I wanted to ask about, I do have some idea from interchanges, and they do have a fully playable demo level. Their term for it was a atmospheric first-person horror action-adventure game, and they seemed to want to try and make a coherent and interesting world, to have FPS gameplay but mixed with adventure game elements and have unique mechanics to how the shooter gameplay and survival element works.

Dmented

Banned
Looks... interesting. VR support is always good though, more interesting in fact because of that alone. Good luck to you guys!

_Ryo_

The design reminds me of Dark Seed now that I think about it.

God, that was an awful game. ((imo. I loved it at the time. :) )

HzjbDv8.jpg

darkseed2-6.png

26a56.jpeg

26a56.jpeg
The

ds2-327-0.jpg

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Have a full article being written up, but will post some about it here first as you guys helped me figure this all out.

Firstly, the game's name is indeed Scorn, as some of you guys put together from the email title (which I missed, which I can't help but chuckle at as its one of the oldest tricks in the book).

It is being developed primarily for PC, PS4 is highly considered though.

The game is being made by a newly formed studio known as Ebb software. They currently have 7 full-time studio members on-board, and created a demo pitch for studios with a total of 12 people, and got assistance from a number of freelance artists they have connections with. However, after pitching their demo and idea to several studios, they got the same response every time ; The game’s too weird for mainstream appeal, it’s single-player focused, and lacks hooks for the best way to monetize the project.

To directly quote the email exchange;

They emailed the screenshots to me specifically because of my love for the genre, which I've shown through my posts here on GAF, my YouTube channel, and my work on Rely on Horror, apparently.

Game is being made with Unity 4, but they plan to move to Unity 5. They sent me this as sort of 'proof'.

editor.jpg

They've apologized for some trickery, and have agree'd to answer any questions I have and agree'd to an interview. Because you guys helped me, I'll ask questions to them you guys have as well.

I may have been involuntarily involved in some viral marketing campaign, but I don't mind too much. The project does strike as interesting to me, and I hope they can find someone who will publish them. Apparently this went better than they expected, though.

The reason they aren't going with Kickstarter, and to quote;

There's a bit more to this, but typing out the full article as we speak.

Dusk, thanks for the info.

I do hope that the devs are able to get more attention on the game. It looks very good, and while the art terrifies me, who knows? I might just be able to build the courage to play it.

Well, if it comes to PS4, that is. I know people hate when this is said but if the devs have no other option: I hope Sony helps them. There, I said it. Would hate a good game not get done correctly because the devs lack resources.

Harlequin

The new details sound very interesting. I hope they'll be able to get it done. Dusk Golem, do you know where this studio is located? I'm kinda curious.

Stimpack

Looks very interesting. Has Sony said anything about how they plan to achieve 60 FPS on the Morpheus? Hardware performance has been the biggest issue on my mind in regards to console VR. You know how hard it is to hold together a high and stable framerate, and it's especially important in VR.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Marketing experts are truly the worst.

Hate 'em with a passion.

Heh, they do for the money, not for the actual love of it.

The design reminds me of Dark Seed now that I think about it.

God, that was an awful game. ((imo. I loved it at the time. :) )

HzjbDv8.jpg

darkseed2-6.png

26a56.jpeg

26a56.jpeg
The

ds2-327-0.jpg

I am salivating as we speak. I wish this can be made into a spandex suit so I can wear it when I want to feel the ambiance this game is making me feel. (Succumb Core that is ;-))

majik13

thatsavagina.gif haha

Man I love that art on the first page, very HR Giger / Lovecraftian

most of Giger's art is phallic and/or yonic or straight up directly sexual.

That's just because Giger worked on the project (or the project just used his artwork).

well his name is on the cover

Dark_Seed_Cover.jpg

never actually heard of this game, but have seen the art before. the guy walking around in it just looks really silly though.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Have a full article being written up, but will post some about it here first as you guys helped me figure this all out.

We have the story on Rely on Horror. This is not Sony Bend's game.

http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-...n-an-indie-game-too-weird-for-the-mainstream/

The person that emailed this to us in the beginning showed us the game in the Unity editor. We plan to release gameplay details in the future (along with an interview).

HYPE INTENSIFIES

Please gaming gods let this game see the light of day.. screw marketing experts go after your niche/fanbase and be happy with it. Ill gladly throw down some cash for this if it goes to kickstarter

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Okay guys. ...i just dug a little into this. I just tell you what someone with knowledge to this topic told me.

This game is namend "Succumb Core" (working title) and is the concept of a newly founded and not officially announced studio "by some known veterans of the industry and genre". It was created with oculus rift in mind. They showed a alpha slice - the screens are from this - to some publishers. And ... like many games now ... Sony grabbed it as an exclusive for PS4 with Morpheus support. "The Games' in an early stage but Sony is considering to unveil it at this years' Games Com."

Why man. Why?

Mindlog

A little disheartening how hard it is to get unique projects funded, but understandable given the economics involved. This project sounds interesting and I will be more than happy to buy content for my CV1/Morpheus when the time comes. GL team. Building a brand around Morpheus/CV1 has the potential to be both extremely lucrative and creatively satisfying.

I love the art for this. I hope the survival/horror genre gets some momentum again with these recent titles that put effort into their games rather than relying on the 'slender-mechanic' .. I want a good messed up psychological horror again.

I love the art for this. I hope the survival/horror genre gets some momentum again with these recent titles that put effort into their games rather than relying on the 'slender-mechanic' .. I want a good messed up psychological horror again.

with the main protagonist being an alien and have alien looking gun/weapon attached to his body, I don't think this is going to be a psychological horror. I see this mainly as action game with creepy atmoshere. probably the best we can hope for is something like Dead Space. that's still an exciting concept though imo.

Gammacide

Wow. This was a great journey to take! Seeing the art then unraveling the mystery behind the game itself. Brilliant. I am REALLY hoping Sony get behind this and help it come to light because it looks and sounds wonderful! The only time anything interesting happens is when people go out on a limb and don't acquiesce to the mainstream but rather succumb to the core :)P) gamers out there who value incredible creativity and imagination and art and style over rehashed tripe year in year out. Can't wait to hear more about this one!

Wow. This was a great journey to take! Seeing the art then unraveling the mystery behind the game itself. Brilliant. I am REALLY hoping Sony get behind this and help it come to light because it looks and sounds wonderful! The only time anything interesting happens is when people go out on a limb and don't acquiesce to the mainstream but rather succumb to the core :)P) gamers out there who value incredible creativity and imagination and art and style over rehashed tripe year in year out. Can't wait to hear more about this one!

Huh?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I'm into it, the aesthetic seems to lend itself well to specular highlighting or whatever the hell I'm talking about I don't really know. The "wet" effect that gives really defined textural qualities to things.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
It's pretty amazing the way they are introducing the game, I can't blame them. I think it's the first time in many, many years where a small publication gets a story like this haha. Can't wait for the interview and tech demo.

Interestingly, the false info guy hasn't been banned yet...

It certainly does look interesting, and I hope a publisher picks it up!

Gruso

I think he posted it in good faith, not to make a name for himself. The mistake was perhaps not realising how badly a shitty source can ruin you on GAF.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Those Juniors don't realize they can't make up stories to make a name for themselves here on Gaf the way they can on lesser sites. Do that here and you get the ban hammer.

Welp. It was surprising how he got the studio name down! For all we know maybe there was talks of Sony getting exclusivity of the game, maybe even the guy he spoke with is an insider. I find it oddly suspicious that the "protagonist" is wearing Sony's VR headset in the concept art, as many other posters have indicated.There are a multitude of possibilities as to what may have happened. All we can do now is wait for Gamescom!
Or Bish can just kill the poor soul.

I think he posted it in good faith, not to make a name for himself. The mistake was perhaps not realising how badly a shitty source can ruin you on GAF.

Well maybe it depends on the mod. Bish has a swift hammer!

Top Bottom