• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horror Game Leak - Alpha build screen shots and art. Maybe Sony game (not Bend)?

Elandyll

Banned
Bummer for the devs that things didn't pan out with Sony (or others, but looks like they got directly in touch with them) as a Publisher. Maybe the project required too much funding at an estimated $700.000?

Hope the Kickstarter works out, Scorn looks like it will have a tremendous atmosphere, and I would love to play it one day.

Wonder if the project is now PC only or if it will also be on consoles?

ElTopo

Banned
I hope they focus on PC only and then branch out if they go over their KS goal. KS projects that are multiplatform take forever to come out (with good reason of course) and there's a greater chance of failure. The Boogerman KS had a goal of something like $150K and it was going to come out to everything but they only got maybe $20-30K.

deeptech

Bummer for the devs that things didn't pan out with Sony (or others, but looks like they got directly in touch with them) as a Publisher. Maybe the project required too much funding at an estimated $700.000?

Hope the Kickstarter works out, Scorn looks like it will have a tremendous atmosphere, and I would love to play it one day.

Wonder if the project is now PC only or if it will also be on consoles?

From the rely on horror article:

Scorn intrigued us back in July with its H.R. Giger inspired visuals and a tale of being “too weird” for mainstream appeal, as said by investors and studios that Ebb Software had been in contact with.[/url]

This actually made me very excited

Gruso

Great to see this thread updated! I'm taking it as a good sign that this game is still too weird to attract a publisher. Will back.

ElTopo

Banned
200K seems cheap. Surprised they couldn't get a Publisher considering the kind of buzz they generated with the screenshots. I hope it's a success but I think they could hit the goal if they set it at 100K.

Top Bottom