• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hotline Miami 2 launching on March 10

I was on the community hub on steam and I read that some people aren't getting steam codes with their special edition shipment, does anyone have confirmation on this? Some people got partial refunds, I never received anything so I hope I'm fine...

robotrock

Banned
I was on the community hub on steam and I read that some people aren't getting steam codes with their special edition shipment, does anyone have confirmation on this? Some people got partial refunds, I never received anything so I hope I'm fine...

People have already received their special editions?

MattyG

Banned
Do we have any idea of when the second print of the collector's edition will ship? I can't order one until Tuesday, and I'm figuring that it's going to probably come way after launch. I really want the CE, but I may just pass on it and get the digital version with the soundtrack so I can play on launch day.

red731

My speedrun happy kill button is ready.

I am not so hyped for this, but will enjoy it immensely when I'll get it.

MattyG

Banned
Damn. I ordered the special edition the minute it went up and I still have no shipping confirmation. :(
That sucks. Looks like I'm going to end up just getting the digital special edition. Can't order until tomorrow and I want it on launch day. Looks like a cool package, but oh well.

Can't wait for this game though. 1 more weeeeeeek.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So ahh, I just realised Hotline Miami 2 isn't on AU Steam.

Where else can I buy this?

I ordered mine on December 17th and still nothing. Guess I wont be getting it by March 10th.

Well, I mean, let's not freak out yet - we've got a whole seven days for it to ship. If I don't get a shipping confirmation by Thursday, THEN I'll start worrying.

It's also probably a factor that I ordered two copies of the vinyl edition Jesus Christ what is wrong with me

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Fellow Aussies
It looks like we can buy it on GOG :)

Not unless we use a proxy. Their PR explains they had to block the HM2 store page for Aussies.

Which leads me to the question; if a region blocked game is added to your library via proxy, will it still appear in your library and for download with the proxy off?

Bradd12

Not unless we use a proxy. Their PR explains they had to block the HM2 store page for Aussies.

Which leads me to the question; if a region blocked game is added to your library via proxy, will it still appear in your library and for download with the proxy off?

Weird, I had no problems accessing it.

It will appear in your library and let you download it will give you a region error when you try and run the game.

Listening to the OST now, still 80'ish but I think Hotline Miami 1 OST had a "disturbing" feeling, not happening now...

maybe it will change during the gameplay, who knows...

Got my Hotline Miami 2 keys this morning from the figure kick starter. Comes with the special remix soundtrack too which is nice, wasn't sure if we were getting that and the soundtrack. My vinyls finally moved today as well according to tracking, they were stuck enroute for the past few days but is now on a plane (I presume) to here, can't wait.

Got my shipping confirmation for the special edition! I'll end up double dipping and getting the PS4/Vita version too. Pumped to have the soundtrack on vinyl, but I really wish there was a vinyl soundtrack available for the first game as well.

derExperte

If someone happens to see this dude make sure to steal his Vita.

capture6zukc.png

Dat smug grin.

If I get my Collector's Edition in the mail before the 10th, will I be able to redeem the code and play the game? Or will it be locked until release?

Apologies if it's been asked/answered in this thread already

What's the word on the soundtrack? Do you guys think it will be worthy of the godly first one?

edit: Oh shit Carpenter Brut's Roller Mobster is on this? That's a good sign right there. Not gonna listen to the OST though, I am keeping myself pure for the game. Yes I realize that sounded creepy.

NotLiquid

Listening to the OST now, still 80'ish but I think Hotline Miami 1 OST had a "disturbing" feeling, not happening now...

maybe it will change during the gameplay, who knows...

I think the first Hotline Miami had a very distinct "surreal" feeling to many of the songs that compounded the incredibly vague and bizarre narrative of the first half of the game. I felt like there was a good reason as to why in comparison to Jacket's campaign, Biker's campaign had a lot more upbeat tunes and even chapter names.

Meanwhile, Wrong Number so far feels like it's going towards a notably more "twisted" angle which seems suitable enough. Although it's worth noting that the "leaked" OST so far has been said to not be final by the developers, the leaked OST has a notably large amount of more "interlude"-esque tracks (fitting since there's a bunch of characters/subplots and the developers have implied that we've barely scratched the surface) and most of the songs are a lot darker.

I think it has to do with the perspective and the angle the game is taking. The first game's meta-narrative revolved all around one character and the skewed viewpoint the player has as a result towards the killings. Now we're being thrust into multiple viewpoints at once with no real bias as to what the characters are performing, and the story takes a much more darker turn as a result. There's a chance of potentially seeing all the characters for what they are; a bunch of batshit insane lunatics.

Some songs that I feel really drives that home more than any:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcC6aI-nb3A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhBQsJb85sI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hclt3a6ZYg4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmIBCVSyV7A

Edit: By the way, there's pictures of the Collector's Edition tracklisting floating around so the full tracklist of the game's been confirmed. Just a heads up for people looking to avoid music spoilers.

Is this really all there is to it?

I mean, why is this not coming to Xbox? Seems like a pretty strong IP

Also, it's going to be really crummy if PS4 doesn't have level editor.

Devolver have a very good partnership with Playstation. That is why some of their other games are console exclusive on PS for now.

Fork Parker only loves one thing. It's green, just not Xbox green.

Fork Parker is the Ultimate Businessman!

Top Bottom