• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hotline Miami 2 launching on March 10

impact

Banned
Vita was the best for me, very fast and snappy with those sticks with shorter travel distance and lock on aim. PC is fine too obviously due to accurate mouse aiming.

I just prefer to not use lock on. Seems kinda like cheating like using lock on aiming in GTA or something.

NotLiquid

My Vita is ready....

and...

cSiDI.png

Dennis for life...

Dennis is ballin' but for my money it's gotta be Tony

I think I'm gonna get in on the hype and put a mask in my avatar

drotahorror

Does anyone know if the game will launch with the level editor? IIRC it was planned to be post-release content but that was before the delay.

Custom Level Editor: Design custom levels using characters, enemies, weapons and music tracks from the game and share your creations with others online via Steam Workshop. [COMING SPRING 2015]

From steam page.

Hmm, wonder if that means it won't be on console versions?

*I believe the PC version will be the only one with a level editor. Might have to buy it on ps4 and pc then.

Will be all over this. I still need to pick up the soundtrack for the first game on Steam - will there be a similar release for the soundtrack to this?

ldcommando

Banned
I´m kinda new to preordering stuff on steam but when you preorder a special edition like this one does the bonus soundtrack become available before the release date or do you you have to wait?

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I´m kinda new to preordering stuff on steam but when you preorder a special edition like this one does the bonus soundtrack become available before the release date or do you you have to wait?

My guess is the remix EP will be available on launch day, no sooner than that.

All over my Vita's face!!

Really can't wait for this game, Hotline Miami was one of the best games I've played in the last couple of years.

Unit24

Is there a list of changes they've made to the gameplay floating around somewhere? Aside from the ability to roll, it looks practically identical to the first game. I'm not doubting that the game is going to be good, I'd just really like to know what's new about it.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a list of changes they've made to the gameplay floating around somewhere? Aside from the ability to roll, it looks practically identical to the first game. I'm not doubting that the game is going to be good, I'd just really like to know what's new about it.

There are some new mechanics, like controlling two characters at once (the swan twins).

Grief.exe

Aussies have permission from the devs themselves to torrent this for free.

Honestly, you could just buy the game from a third party site. It doesn't seem to be region locked as generally Nuuvem advertises that fact, but someone with more knowledge of that system can confirm.

The other option is to trade for it through Steam.

I wish I had known there was a collectors edition. If I ordered now I'd have to wait for the 2nd pressing. Has anyone heard when that might happen?

Edit: I need to read more.

Just bought the special edition on Steam. I'm so fucking hyped for this. Will be all over the complete soundtrack when that goes up for sale. Not sure if I can think of another game where the music adds so much to the way a game makes me feel. The music in the first game made what would have probably been a good game into a really fucking awesome game that I loved despite its technical problems early after release.

I played this a couple years ago at gamescom, I was playing with Dennis Wedin watching me and I can tell you Tony is suitably 'nerfed' now he can't pick up weapons.

Moonkid

I already know the gameplay and soundtrack is gonna kick all kinds of ass, what I'm looking forward to the most is what they do with the narrative because from what I've read so far I don't think it's going to be as minimal as the first one. Hopefully we can avoid another quote-fest, however.

The "do you like hurting other people?" line got as annoying as "the cake is a lie" for me sometimes.

Top Bottom