• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HOUSE M.D. Season 8 |OT| of The End

Status
Not open for further replies.
NaM said:
So the producers offered her less money knowing she wouldn't accept, basicaly they were firing her. Am I right?
Wilson and Foreman both got offered like their starting salaries from season 1 I believe.
She probably got the same.

It's not some mystery, the show was facing budget cuts, you HAVE to give Laurie the money he deserves and nothing less, so there goes a chunk. LE probably thought she deserved a similar amount or more, got offered less, and said fuck this and left.

It's not some chess game of masterful manipulation. She thought it wasn't worth continuing a likely final year for that money, which is fine, it's up to her, and she's gone. Olivia is leaving because she is the TV starzz lulz. And that's about it.

Also yes Yi is a regular, so is Odette.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Fry8 said:
I forgot about her. Should have never left to be honest, and should have never gone blonde too.
believe it or not that's her (and olivia wilde's) natural hair color.

EYEL1NER

I may have to watch this tomorrow.
Didn't see too much of last season, but for the past year it seemed like on Sleuth (Cloo) and TBS/USA (one of those two), House would be on all day every day. On any given day, some station on tv was showing a bunch of episodes. So we would have it on at work and the tv is mounted conveniently above my desk, so I watched a ton of it.

Bought S1-S4 for real cheap, about $15 total, from Hastings a while ago but haven't watched any. I've seen a ton of episodes from those seasons already, I would say I've seen most episodes of the series, but I want to marathon those 4 sets, so it will be a while to find the time to do it.

I love House though. He is such a smarmy bastard and I love it.

No one saw the leak? I liked where they went with the episode and I laughed when it clicked that it was Steve Urkel playing the prison distributor. Still, I was surprised
House remained in jail at the end of the episode, I thought it would be like season 6 where he was out by the end of the premiere

Radec

Oh bumme Cuddy is gone :/

I assume the prison doc
who got fired will be hired by house when he gets back to play House.MD

magnificent83 said:
No one saw the leak? I liked where they went with the episode and I laughed when it clicked that it was Steve Urkel playing the prison distributor. Still, I was surprised
House remained in jail at the end of the episode, I thought it would be like season 6 where he was out by the end of the premiere

we did.

mcrae

right at the start of the episode, house's diagnosis made me yell:
its never lupus!
involuntarily, lol

JonCha

Coming on Thursday in the UK. Thought Season 7 was sorta boring, but heard good things about the premiere.

Wads said:
Most likely. Last season Hugh Laurie is under contract and judging by his budding music career it seems like he wants to do other things.

At least it will stop well. Not like most shows that still go on when everybody jump off ship and only stop when audience is terrible... .So many shows ruined like this...

Oh, but, 2 main actors jump out House's ship for this season... Oh Well...

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
UnluckyKate said:
At least it will stop well. Not like most shows that still go on when everybody jump off ship and only stop when audience is terrible... .So many shows ruined like this...

Oh, but, 2 main actors jump out House's ship for this season... Oh Well...

Technically, Olivia Wilde jumped ship last season.

Medalion

Banned
The series finale will be Cameron returns, and House realizes they were meant to be together they run off and get married, once House achieves true happiness, they both die in a plane crash.

The End.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Medalion said:
The series finale will be Cameron returns, and House realizes they were meant to be together they run off and get married, once House achieves true happiness, they both die in a plane crash.

The End.

The final case will be an outbreak, ala Contagion, and everyone has to use their knowledge that they've gained over the years working with House to solve the worldwide epidemic.

RatskyWatsky said:
The final case will be an outbreak, ala Contagion, and everyone has to use their knowledge that they've gained over the years working with House to solve the worldwide epidemic.
Too predictable.

House kills Thirteen and after that he commits suicide. That's my guess.

iKeepPlaying said:
Too predictable.

House kills Thirteen and after that he commits suicide. That's my guess.
Most people seem to agree with the "House commits suicide" ending being the most likely. It seems inevitable, doesn't it? But I actually think they'll surprise us with an uplifting (or at least bittersweet, but not entirely depressing) ending.

This show's not getting renewed. So to make that happy ending a realistic one, they better hit the ground running with as little filler as possible. Looking at you, S5-S7!

CrankyJay

Banned
Leona Lewis said:
Most people seem to agree with the "House commits suicide" ending being the most likely. It seems inevitable, doesn't it? But I actually think they'll surprise us with an uplifting (or at least bittersweet, but not entirely depressing) ending.

This show's not getting renewed. So to make that happy ending a realistic one, they better hit the ground running with as little filler as possible. Looking at you, S5-S7!

No, they blew their suicide wad with Kumar.

CrankyJay said:
Oh Jesus, I leave the show for a season or two and he's in prison? Show has jumped the shark. LOL.
Show would've really jumped the shark if he did what he did and ended up getting away with it. In the real world, House would've been rotting in a cell since Season 1 :p

CrankyJay

Banned
Leona Lewis said:
Show would've really jumped the shark if he did what he did and ended up getting away with it. In the real world, House would've been rotting in a cell since Season 1 :p

LOL, fair enough.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Seems like a random thing to notice, but they did a pretty bad job of hiding the Maruchan logo on House's cup noodles. :lol

I love having an HDTV. :D

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Mgoblue201 said:
Why can't it be lupus just once?

Pretty sure it WAS Lupus once.

Also, as much as I love House, I've been watching A Bit of Fry and Laurie on Netflix, and I'd really love to see Hugh Laurie go back to comedy after House ends.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Brinbe said:
hahaha, that would only be appropriate.

vC7WD.jpg

MisterHero

I will probably enjoy this final season but the cast is probably the the least interesting of all the seasons for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom