• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How awesome is Publix? So awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaiages

Banned
It's like saying you work at Disney. People think it's a grand ol' job, but in reality it's like any other shitty minimum wage job. Sure there's some highlights about it, but in the long run it's just a huge freakin company that's scraping every penny to keep in their fat wallets.
But as a consumer, it suddenly becomes the most amazing place ever.

I mean, you're right, for the most part. With any big company, there are good stores and bad stores, and it's really just the luck of the draw if you'll get a good manager or a place with shitty rules. My current job is far more preferable than my last few jobs, but it certainly isn't ideal. But with any big company, it can be very YMMV, so some people can have the best working experience ever, and others can be worse than working at a fast food place.

But yeah, I totally agree with that second to last statement. Even though the company is 'employee owned', it's all about the profits in the end, and most employees don't have enough stock to really care about the bottom line that much.

I'm inside a Publix almost every day. It is right around the corner of my house and even though Walmart may be cheaper the Publix is much more convenient.

Their chicken and subs are indeed awesome.

Little known fact: Their egg nog is also top notch. Far better than McArthur or Farm Stores.

Bolded for TRUTH! Best egg nog I've ever had... have to have some every year or it doesn't feel like the holidays to me.

I love so many things about Publix. Their fried chicken, subs, mojo pork, bakery, ice cream (peppermint stick FTW) and more.

I just went into a wal mart neigborhood market for the first time the other day and I don't understand how anyone would choose it over publix. Things might cost a little less, but i felt dirty walking out of there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom