• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How could you let this happen Sony!? Kingdom Hearts not coming to PSN/PSPGo

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Segata Sanshiro said:
He just strokes his stache and nods his head approvingly.

What about Mitsuda?

Segata Sanshiro said:
CHRONO BREAK IS COMING MAN

KATO WILL WRITE THE STORY AND TORIYAMA WILL MAKE NEW ARTWORK AND MITSUDA AND UEMATSU WILL FORM VOLTRONCOMPOSER AND GOOCH AND HORII WILL RIDE THEIR HORSES INTO TOWN TO SAVE US ALL

IT WILL RETCON CHRONO CROSS AND IT WILL TELL A GREAT STORY ABOUT HOW CRONO IS AWESOME AND DOESN'T AFRAID OF ANYTHING

For some reason this reminds me of that Gandalf Nintendo E3 gif.

duckroll said:
She doesn't actually phase through bodies. She only has one body, and she stays in the command center. She uses some sort of device to remotely control soldiers on the battlefield. What is shown in the gameplay is only a visual representation for the player. Technically they're all supposed to be just the same dudes, but controlled by Aya through some magic-technology-nonsense.

duckroll said:
That's not the worst best part. The Twisted that she fights, are mysterious lifeforms from the FUTURE. They spread rapidly and wiped out all of humanity in the future, and needing more food supply, they started going backwards in time!

I wish I was making this shit up. :(

O_O

uh......okay then. Thanks for clarification

Elios83

I don't get why Square Enix won't publish this game on the PSN, they have published Dissidia so what's the problem? And it's not like a PSN version would benefit just PSPGo users, there are probably many regular PSP users who would prefer the downloadable version as well because of loading times and not to bother with the disc.
And btw Sony as the platform holder should have done a lot more to provide PSP Go with more games, they promised a healthy back catalogue and they can't even provide the platform with the biggest new releases, it's ridicolous.

Elios83 said:
I don't get why Square Enix won't publish this game on the PSN, they have published Dissidia so what's the problem? And it's not like a PSN version would benefit just PSPGo users, there are probably many regular PSP users who would prefer the downloadable version as well because of loading times and not to bother with the disc.
And btw Sony as the platform holder should have done a lot more to provide PSP Go with more games, they promised a healthy back catalogue and they can't even provide the platform with the biggest new releases, it's ridicolous.

When it was revealed that it wasn't going to be released on PSN in Japan, it's because of Disney. Disney actually owns the Kingdom Hearts license, so if Disney doesn't want it on PSN then Square Enix can't release it on PSN.

DiscoJer

Elios83 said:

On the other hand, it's not like Square Enix is exactly supporting PSP games on PSN in the West. Dissidia might be up there, but missing are Crisis Core, Final Fantasy 1, Final Fantasy 2, Star Ocean 1, Star Ocean 2, Final Fantasy Tactics (PSP remake), Valkyrie Profile (remake).

Or in other words, most of the games they've made for the PSP. Why don't they put them up, either?

Honestly, I don't get why so many companies don't put their stuff up there, or are so selective/picky about what they put up.

V_Ben

Banned
This news makes me want to swear. Square Enix, you fucking c*nts. Find a well and die in it. My 1000 is dead, so I needed a PSN version of this. Cock Juggling Thunder C*nts

spwolf

flamesofchaos said:
When it was revealed that it wasn't going to be released on PSN in Japan, it's because of Disney. Disney actually owns the Kingdom Hearts license, so if Disney doesn't want it on PSN then Square Enix can't release it on PSN.

Disney hates DD, nothing new there.

entremet

Sucks really. I don't own a Go, but I've started purchasing all my games digitally, would've have preferred that option.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
DiscoJer said:
Honestly, I don't get why so many companies don't put their stuff up there, or are so selective/picky about what they put up.

Probably because hardly anyone buys PSP software on PSN. Imagine the awareness among consumers of WiiWare and DSiWare, then factor in the near-death of the PSP platform in the West, the absurd piracy numbers, then the high price of software on top of all that. I guess it isn't worth the effort to get the software on PSN given the laughable number of people who will be interested, and I'm saying that as a Go owner. The only game I bought on PSN was Super Stardust, the rest were all freebies I got from SCEE. It's a platform that is literally having to give away games to sell to people. I'm not surprised Disney can't be arsed with it.

anddo0

entrement said:
Sucks really. I don't own a Go, but I've started purchasing all my games digitally, would've have preferred that option.

I think there is too much emphasis placed on the GO. If I still owned my 2000, I'd prefer to purchase the digital version. I buy all my PC games from Steam as well. It's a blow for sure, but I don't miss the days of carrying the Logitech PSP case in my pocket, along with 5-6 UMDs.. KH is one game on a dying platform (PSP 1000-3000, GO). It's moves like this that prevented the PSP from reaching it's full potential. The PSP2 will be here soon enough. With the release of the 3DS, the death of the platform will be cemented. I'm just enjoying the ride until then.

Gattsu25

Banned
I'll be skipping on this and I don't even have a Go.

I don't care about the KH games enough to fuggle with a new UMD.

Every single one of my purchases (since they started consistently releasing games on PSN) has been downloadable.

spwolf said:
Pretty much the truth.

When it comes to why many older games not being DD, it all comes down to publishers. Most publishers won't bother because they have to re-license a game for digital distribution (Lumines hasn't come to PSP Go because music would have to be re-licensed again) and a Q&A process has to happen again. Most publishers just don't see it as cost effective and would rather push games as UMD/PSN on release. However, not every game can be both because if someone owns a particular license and doesn't want it to be DD, then it can't be put up in the PS Store. Its either no game or UMD only.

Lastly, PSP Go is a good device itself (best PSP version yet), but it was intended to be a test unit. Digital downloads were popular for iPhone and other devices, so Sony decided to test the digital market with a digital only device. It has a higher price tag to give retailers more potential profit along with making it where Sony can't lose money on testing PSP Go. At least as a test, it helps Sony decide what to do for the next PSP. If Sony released a new PSP as a digital download only device and ran into the same problem, they'd be in bigger trouble than releasing a PSP Go (because making a new platform is a massive investment).

syoaran

Feared this to be true - but there we go. No PSPgo for me - and tbh no PSP for a while either. I wanted to grab a PSPgo for formfactor and feel, mainly because the normal PSP design feels a little cumbersome - I'll wait now until PSP prices slump even futher and pick up all the games for retro desires.

Takao

Banned
Someone in the other thread mentioned the idea of releasing games on a M2 memory stick. That would be a great idea for this situation. The only problem with that is I can't imagine there being much of an audience for that version unless it's bundled with a Pro Duo coverter to be played on all PSPs.

spwolf said:

But Disney has put up many PSone Classics, not to mention the work with Sony for LBP costumes. Maybe it's a case of too many cooks in the kitchen?

depward

Serenade said:
I'm laughing because you posted in this thread to say you weren't interested in the game at hand and you've been reading the thread waiting for someone to quote you so you can explain how awesome the Go is for you

that's why i'm laughing

I'm reading the thread because it's hilarious how people like to shit on a system they don't even own. That's all. Laughs all around. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Beth Cyra

depward said:
I'm reading the thread because it's hilarious how people like to shit on a system they don't even own. That's all. Laughs all around. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

How do you know that some of us don't own a Go? I bought one earlier this year, so whats to say others in this thread didn't do the same?

depward said:

I'm sure Sony still owns quite a few PSP GOs...

Dabanton said:
I have a normal PSP but who on here actually has a Go? I've never actually met anyone who has one.

I have one tho kindof wish I didnt, I get hand cramp in half the time it took to settle in on the normal Phat PSP's...

depward said:
To be fair, not only do I not own a PSP Go, I don't own any model of PSP.

Though that's changing soon.

As a potential customer, why would Sony release a new model that skimps on such features as, like, being able to play games? It's hilarious because it's a stupid idea.

Gravijah

depward said:

You must live one funny life.

depward said:
What's actually funny is I already have a PSP, but I would have upgraded to a Go if it could play Kingdom Hearts.

Which it can't.

Which is what this thread is about.

Are you following me? Do I need to go slower?

Tadale

I had a PSP Go, I bought it on launch day after seeing all the games sony posted on the service that morning. I recently sold it on craigslist and managed to recoup most of my money. I remember actually thinking that Sony would update PSN every week with at least 3-4 classic PSP games to play on the system. It was a complete waste of money, and I doubt I'll be buying another DD-only gaming device anytime soon.

spwolf

ShockingAlberto said:
What's actually funny is I already have a PSP, but I would have upgraded to a Go if it could play Kingdom Hearts.

Which it can't.

Which is what this thread is about.

Are you following me? Do I need to go slower?

well i guess Disney did well by you, since it would be pretty dumb to buy into system which is obviously dying.

spwolf

Takao said:
But Disney has put up many PSone Classics, not to mention the work with Sony for LBP costumes. Maybe it's a case of too many cooks in the kitchen?

Disney is one of the most anti dd companies, apparently it is to cut piracy, somehow. So i wouldnt be suprised if they thought that without PSN release, KH would be less pirated, i just dont see how.

spwolf said:
i was talking about Go.
fbz76u.jpg

Roto13

TruePrime said:
How do you know that some of us don't own a Go? I bought one earlier this year, so whats to say others in this thread didn't do the same?
Because there are more Go haters in this thread than there are people who actually bought the Go.

(The Go deserves the hate. I doubt there's some big magical amazing feature that is only revealed to people who own one.)

Top Bottom