• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How could you let this happen Sony!? Kingdom Hearts not coming to PSN/PSPGo

duckroll said:
I am still failing to see how "Kingdom Hearts mashes the ever-loving shit out of Metal Gear worldwide" when KH2 came out after MGS3 and sold close to the same amount. MGS4 has now sold more than MGS3 worldwide. So tell me great wise and all knowing one, where is the "mashes the ever-loving shit" coming from?
The "mashes the ever-loving shit" came from me remembering NA numbers more than the worldwide ones. I apologize lord ducky and I will never commit the grievous sin of speaking to you again.

duckroll

I'm still waiting for the punch line. I'm sure Segata was just preparing something more logical. He's usually better than this! Don't let me down!

Edit: I am disappointed. :(

duckroll said:
I'm still waiting for the punch line. I'm sure Segata was just preparing something more logical. He's usually better than this! Don't let me down!

Edit: I am disappointed. :(
Hey, you get what you get when I post between classes.

duckroll

To get a bit more on topic, I'm honestly pretty interested in see PW vs BbS sales in the US. In Japan they were pretty much neck to neck in the Famitsu chart for the first half of 2010 (with PW getting the advantage because it came out several months after BbS), but with PW doing so poorly in the US, it's really hard to imagine BbS doing worse. Either way, at this point PSP software sales in the US is more of a case of who is the bigger loser than anyone being a winner, so... :(

Segata Sanshiro said:
I can prepare an evening show of the Royal Nonesuch if everyone would like. Actually that's a lie, I'm so fucking off to get curry after I'm done my lessons today.

What kind of curry you like?

Beth Cyra

duckroll said:
To get a bit more on topic, I'm honestly pretty interested in see PW vs BbS sales in the US. In Japan they were pretty much neck to neck in the Famitsu chart for the first half of 2010 (with PW getting the advantage because it came out several months after BbS), but with PW doing so poorly in the US, it's really hard to imagine BbS doing worse. Either way, at this point PSP software sales in the US is more of a case of who is the bigger loser than anyone being a winner, so... :(

Really makes me fear for when 3rd Birthday comes out. I know it slipped into next year but I can't see things getting much better.

Don't know I am just really liking the look of the game for the most part and given how PW did and if BBS bombs 3B could be very painful to watch.

duckroll said:
Yeah, I'm not expecting much, but you're right, it would be hard for it to have a softer first month than PW. It's crazy to think it could be under 100k but... it probably will be.

and PureAuthor, I just like the bog-standard Japanese curry rice with a chicken cutlet thrown on top, maybe some cheese if I've got a good handheld game lined up for the later suffering.

Gravijah

3rd Birthday is going to do really bad in America. They seriously need to find a way to toss "Parasite Eve" in there somewhere. It won't do much, but at least it'll grab some people.

Segata Sanshiro said:
and PureAuthor, I just like the bog-standard Japanese curry rice with a chicken cutlet thrown on top, maybe some cheese if I've got a good handheld game lined up for the later suffering.

Aaaand now I'm hungry. Good thing it's lunch time.

Concerning software - 3rd Birthday is going to die. BbS might have a chance at kinda sorta middling okay sales, but I'm not holding my breath.

duckroll

Gravijah said:
3rd Birthday is going to do really bad in America. They seriously need to find a way to toss "Parasite Eve" in there somewhere. It won't do much, but at least it'll grab some people.

3rd Birthday is going to suffer everywhere imo. Unless something drastically changes (like say they announce a playable demo for Agito included in the game for Japan), I don't see it making a huge impact in any major region.

In the US and Europe, the PSP is pretty much dead. Software sales are lower than ever, and this is for all intents and purposes going to be viewed as a new IP or an alternative revival of a long dead series.

In Japan, it's going to be an action shooter RPG on the PSP with a 10 hour single player campaign, no multiplayer whatsoever. The Parasite Eve series was on total decline in Japan anyway, so that wouldn't really help much either. The first game which was completely a RPG, sold a million copies, while the second game which was a lot more of an action RPG sold a little over 300k. I don't really see much hope for T3B considering it's going even further into the action shooting realm in terms of gameplay.

Beth Cyra

Gravijah said:

Oh I know it will do bad, but if not even KH can break 100K then damn.

I just hope it doesn't pull a Dead Space E and do less then 10K it's first month.

Takao

Banned
It would take a miracle for KH to do worse than PW. Assuming the English release isn't cracked in a day (the Japanese release was pretty rock solid from what I remember) it should do well. Afterall, it won't have any hidden PSN numbers.

Gravijah said:

Yeah no kidding. I've heard a bunch of podcasters, and forum readers who only know of the game's existance because of E3 footage. Who then only knew it was linked to PE because of Nomura's interview.

Gravijah said:
By the time Third Birthday can come out in NA, I doubt it's going to be worth bringing out, Parasite Eve in the title or no.

duckroll

The problem is that the JP version is already cracked. It took a long time, but it got cracked. There is no reason to believe that they will be able to come up with a radically different copy protection scheme for the US release, especially if they didn't expect it to get cracked before the US release. It'll be great if they do have a different copy protection scheme which is just as secure, but I'm not going to bet on it.

Gravijah

Segata Sanshiro said:
By the time Third Birthday can come out in NA, I doubt it's going to be worth bringing out, Parasite Eve in the title or no.

Wow, I was just thinking about the shelf space at my local Wal Mart... PSP is nearly nothing. What the hell is the PSP gonna do when the 3DS comes out?

duckroll

Gravijah said:
Wow, I was just thinking about the shelf space at my local Wal Mart... PSP is nearly nothing. What the hell is the PSP gonna do when the 3DS comes out?

317i88w.jpg

DON'T DO IT AYA! YOU STILL HAVE SO MUCH TO LIVE FOR! :(

Agito in NA is almost unthinkable. If Sony has a successor out, no store is going to keep a shelf for PSP games and nobody is going to buy them. If Sony doesn't have a successor out, it might get tossed in with unsold copies of Daxter and Field Commander where nobody will ever buy it.

Shadow780 said:
Just like the Chrono sequel if players bought enough CT DS mirite?
CHRONO BREAK IS COMING MAN

KATO WILL WRITE THE STORY AND TORIYAMA WILL MAKE NEW ARTWORK AND MITSUDA AND UEMATSU WILL FORM VOLTRONCOMPOSER AND GOOCH AND HORII WILL RIDE THEIR HORSES INTO TOWN TO SAVE US ALL

IT WILL RETCON CHRONO CROSS AND IT WILL TELL A GREAT STORY ABOUT HOW CRONO IS AWESOME AND DOESN'T AFRAID OF ANYTHING

Segata Sanshiro said:

KATO WILL WRITE THE STORY AND TORIYAMA WILL MAKE NEW ARTWORK AND MITSUDA AND UEMATSU WILL FORM VOLTRONCOMPOSER AND GOOCH AND HORII WILL RIDE THEIR HORSES INTO TOWN TO SAVE US ALL

IT WILL RETCON CHRONO CROSS AND IT WILL TELL A GREAT STORY ABOUT HOW CRONO IS AWESOME AND DOESN'T AFRAID OF ANYTHING
Wait hold on

Toriyama does not make new artwork

duckroll

Segata Sanshiro said:
Agito in NA is almost unthinkable. If Sony has a successor out, no store is going to keep a shelf for PSP games and nobody is going to buy them. If Sony doesn't have a successor out, it might get tossed in with unsold copies of Daxter and Field Commander where nobody will ever buy it.

At least Agito will have a chance in Japan on PSP, regardless of what happens. The bigger question is what XSEED is going to do with their awesome Legend of Heroes VI catalog. :eek:

Gravijah

Segata Sanshiro said:

Damn it man, now I have DBZ ads popping up everywhere.

duckroll

Infinite Justice said:
Can't she phase to another body? :p

She doesn't actually phase through bodies. She only has one body, and she stays in the command center. She uses some sort of device to remotely control soldiers on the battlefield. What is shown in the gameplay is only a visual representation for the player. Technically they're all supposed to be just the same dudes, but controlled by Aya through some magic-technology-nonsense.

Gravijah

duckroll said:
She doesn't actually phase through bodies. She only has one body, and she stays in the command center. She uses some sort of device to remotely control soldiers on the battlefield. What is shown in the gameplay is only a visual representation for the player. Technically they're all supposed to be just the same dudes, but controlled by Aya through some magic-technology-nonsense.

i haven't been following the game because, hey, it's parasite eve!

but...

what

duckroll said:

Did they just steal a part of FF8's plot?

duckroll

Gravijah said:
i haven't been following the game because, hey, it's parasite eve!

but...

what

That's not the worst best part. The Twisted that she fights, are mysterious lifeforms from the FUTURE. They spread rapidly and wiped out all of humanity in the future, and needing more food supply, they started going backwards in time!

I wish I was making this shit up. :(

duckroll said:
That's not the worst best part. The Twisted that she fights, are mysterious lifeforms from the FUTURE. They spread rapidly and wiped out all of humanity in the future, and needing more food supply, they started going backwards in time!

317i88w.jpg

Beth Cyra

duckroll said:

I am suddenly not as hyped for this as I was.

Boney

Banned
duckroll said:
At least Agito will have a chance in Japan on PSP, regardless of what happens. The bigger question is what XSEED is going to do with their awesome Legend of Heroes VI catalog. :eek:
XSEED :(

duckroll said:

And this is a game that people are actually looking forward to?

On another note, all of this PSP nonsense just makes it more frustrating that no 3rd parties are developing for the Wii. PSP games are released and sell nothing due to piracy and lack of support on versions of the hardware, and Wii gets shovelware despite (I'm going to assume) the largest install base of any current system. I don't think the dev-cycle and budgets for PSP games and Wii games are so vastly dissimilar that developers should make a PSP game that is guaranteed to feel compared to a chance at great success on the Wii, so what's the deal? Or am I missing something? Why do we no have Birth By Sleep and Peace Walker on Wii?

Gravijah

duckroll said:

i uhh... yeeeeeeaahhh... 3rd birthday...!

Takao

Banned
Punchy4486 said:
And this is a game that people are actually looking forward to?

On another note, all of this PSP nonsense just makes it more frustrating that no 3rd parties are developing for the Wii. PSP games are released and sell nothing due to piracy and lack of support on versions of the hardware, and Wii gets shovelware despite (I'm going to assume) the largest install base of any current system. I don't think the dev-cycle and budgets for PSP games and Wii games are so vastly dissimilar that developers should make a PSP game that is guaranteed to feel compared to a chance at great success on the Wii, so what's the deal? Or am I missing something? Why do we no have Birth By Sleep and Peace Walker on Wii?

PSP games have Japan. Wii games have _____ ?

Top Bottom