• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How long before we run out of new shows to watch?

I don't care either.

Unless the writers for 90 Day Fiance are affected. But they pretend this show is real so I should be fine right? RIGHT?

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
My backlog is so fucking long that this shit could go on for literally months and all I would do is thank them for letting me get the shit out.

Handmaids Tale, Vikings, Last Kingdom, Top Gear re-watch, Last of Us, various YouTube series, and I don't even know how many fucking movies are on my docket.

Thanks, I'll take a look at those. Which one is the best to start?

Depends on your preference, heres a nonspoiler idea of each.

Mouse: pretty much about pshycopaths, detective trying to find a serial killer. Very awesome, prolly the best of all korean stuff Ive seen. Do not read or watch anything about it tho, go in blind.

Taxi Driver: My second favorite show, basically its about revenge, desperate suciidal people who had their lives ruined by assholes end up calling the taxi company and they start helping them and each case is incredibly dramatic and charming and funny and the way they plot the whole revenge for that asshole or asshole is absolute perfection.

Stranger: hard to follow, very political, but basicall the dude in the main role is amazing, hes a prosecutor who has no feelings due to a thing in the past, and the whole story, at least s1m is about a murder hes trying to solve. It's brilliantly written but again, the political world in SK is hard to follow, especially when it comes to prosecutors vs cops and the corruption going on. Still the murder part is great. s2 is even more political.

ReBurn

Gold Member
With the way shows release these days it's hard to tell. My guess is the well starts to run dry in September.

belmarduk

We're getting a fifth season of The Dragon Prince in a few weeks.
Didn't really like the last one, although the first three were excellent.

Trilobit

My backlog is so fucking long that this shit could go on for literally months and all I would do is thank them for letting me get the shit out.

Handmaids Tale, Vikings, Last Kingdom, Top Gear re-watch, Last of Us, various YouTube series, and I don't even know how many fucking movies are on my docket.

Yeah, this gives me an opportunity to go through older stuff I've missed. Right now I'm going through Twin Peaks.

No Way Beer GIF by Busch

watch these 3 shows and then lets meet somewhere and i want you to tell me with a straight face that they're trash.
They're rubbish

Hudo

I mean, if Hollywood stops shitting out their garbage, I can always watch what ARD and ZDF are shitting out.

hyperbertha

StueyDuck

Depends how long we insist on hiring boardrooms of pink haired single mother mentally unstable writers who insist on putting themselves into stories 🤷

lachesis

I'd say in about 6month - 1 year. (western made) TV dramas probably will be the first one as they are due for shorter turnaround.
Soap opera? probably sooner, as they shoot and air in a few days. Movies - maybe 1 year.

As for the viewers - Corporation probably re-jiggle their release schedule and fill in the gap with some reality stuff, or foreign productions (like K-Drams) during the negotiation/strike goes on - so we may not feel at all or minimize the lack of content in the future.

MastAndo

Just finished watching The Sopranos for the 3rd time, so apparently that's already happened for me. I'm sure there's a ton of great stuff that flew under my radar, but TV shows are such a huge time investment I often find myself just sticking to a known commodity.

20cent

Banned
I don't know, living in the 90s in Europe, we had like a new show on a single channel every 2 years and the rest was just continuous rerun of 80s shows.

We survived. With better education, culture, art appreciation, hobbies and interests.

Why-companies-should-cater-to-consumers.jpg

Johnny2Bad

I still watch Seinfeld non stop since it hit Netflix. It’s my feel good show that I never get tired of. My only problem is that I want more Seinfeld. It really is the goat
I have the DVD box set along with Barney Miller, Hogan's Heroes and a whole shitload of British comedy. I never get tired either.

mxbison

When those actors strike there will be new and upcoming actors who take the roles.

I never understood why people want to see the same actors all the time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom