• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How many SEGA/Atlus published games have you purchased in the past 12 months?

How many SEGA/Atlus published games have you purchased since November of last year?

• Total voters
Hey GAF, the weekend is here, and it's me again! This time, I'm curious to know how big of a SEGA/Atlus fan you all truly are. The same simple rule from last week's thread about Square published games applies here. Vote and/or comment on the number of SEGA/Atlus published games you've purchased since November of last year.

As usual, I'll be the first to share so here's a breakdown of all the SEGA/Atlus games I've picked up in the past 12 months, categorized (including some double and even triple dips, such as the current-gen Persona 5 Royal release).

JRPG/SRPG/life & social Sim

71lQbeZ5LFL._AC_SL1222_.jpg
81UYUc4BmFL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
81FdOh3f+hL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
71oq81zZjJS._AC_SL1000_.jpg
71nKNBmoE1L._AC_SL1064_.jpg
714v8kaQQeL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Puzzle/Platformer/Simulation/Adventure/Action

81Yg98qTpzL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
81ITzPftVJL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
717I7cGX69L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
711CGZnCXKL._AC_SL1452_.jpg
8165pjJLaJL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

That's everything I've purchased from them in the last year. Now it's your turn to share your list!

Last edited:

StereoVsn

I think I bought most of the above in previous years. Hmm. Maybe P5R for the Switch I got on sale just because is the only one?

Edit: Soul Hackers kind of sucked based on reviews so I stayed away. That will keep the memory of Saturn and 3DS games clean! 😁

Last edited:
Sonic Frontiers, Sonic Superstars, Sonic Colors Ultimate and Persona 4 Golden. I also played Like a Dragon on PS+.

Was Sonic Origins after November? If it was, that too.
The release date of the game itself doesn't matter, the only thing that counts is that you've purchased the game in question in the past 12 months. :D

Probably zero since SMT/Persona games don't come out that often, and lolno I'm not buying any Sonic games...
EDIT: Oh yeah, I did buy the EO collection on the eshop when it went on sale. Love those games. Plus I already own most of the good stuff by Atlus, but it's been more than 12 months ago.

Last edited:

PanzerCute

I think I bought most of the above in previous years. Hmm. Maybe P5R for the Switch I got on sale just because is the only one?

Edit: Soul Hackers kind of sucked based on reviews so I stayed away. That will keep the memory of Saturn and 3DS games clean! 😁
Soul Hackers 2 was actually amazing. Dont really get the reviews tbh.

And to answer on the topic, actually not that much this year. I bought the 2 Sonic games, Etrian Odyssey 3, and that's about it, but it is also because they didnt have a lot of major releases.

Almost all the games you mention, OP, I bought day one.

cireza

Difficult to track in the past 12 months, but since a few years, I have played/purchased/reviewed (all on Xbox, except when not available) :

Sonic Mania + DLC
Sonic Origins
Sonic Frontiers
Sonic Colors
Sonic Forces
Team Sonic Racing
Persona 5 Royal
Persona 5 Tactica
PSO2
PSO2 NG
Puyo Puyo Tetris
Valkyria 4
SMT V
SMT 3 on Switch
Valkyria on Switch
Bayonetta & Vanquish
Sega MegaDrive Classics
Shenmue 1 & 2
Shining Resonance Refrain
Valkyria Revolution
Cereza on Switch
All SEGA AGES games on Switch
Soul Hackers 2
Streets of Rage 4
Catherine Full Body
Yakuza 0, Kiwami 1 & 2
and a ton of BC games Xbox

Gambit2483

SEGA apparently has 3 franchises I still actually care about...

Persona 4 Golden &
Persona 3 (Both physical from LRG)
Persona 5 Tactica
Sonic Mania Plus
Sonic Frontiers (I kinda regret getting this on Switch)
Like a Dragon The Man who Erased His Name

Belthazar

Persona 4 Golden &
Persona 5 Tactica
Sonic Mania Plus

To be fair that's more than I can say about a lot of publishers out there

Last edited:

Persona 4 Golden &
Persona 5 Tactica
Sonic Mania Plus
Good picks there! I plan on getting the LRG release of P4G as well. However, I probably won't be picking up P3P and instead will wait for P3 Reload to release.

LakeOf9

• Soul Hackers 2 (this sucked)
  • Persona 5 Royal on Switch, PS5, Steam, and Xbox (played it on Switch though, this game is amazing)
  • Persona 5 Tactica (haven't started this yet)
  • Persona 4 Golden (Switch, this is one of my all time favorite games, I just wanted it on Switch)
  • Like A Dragon Ishin (amazing)
  • Like A Dragon Gaiden (eh)
  • Judgment on Steam
  • Sonic Frontiers (janky as shit but I liked it)
  • Sonic Superstars (janky as shit but I liked it)
  • Bayonetta 3 (does this count?)
Sega/Atlus is one of my favorite publishers lol, I will buy almost every single thing they put out

• Soul Hackers 2 (this sucked)
  • Persona 5 Royal on Switch, PS5, Steam, and Xbox (played it on Switch though, this game is amazing)
  • Persona 5 Tactica (haven't started this yet)
  • Persona 4 Golden (Switch, this is one of my all time favorite games, I just wanted it on Switch)
  • Like A Dragon Ishin (amazing)
  • Like A Dragon Gaiden (eh)
  • Judgment on Steam
  • Sonic Frontiers (janky as shit but I liked it)
  • Sonic Superstars (janky as shit but I liked it)
  • Bayonetta 3 (does this count?)
Sega/Atlus is one of my favorite publishers lol, I will buy almost every single thing they put out
Good pick-ups! Regarding Bayo 3, I'm aware of the IP being owned by Sega but I would say that it doesn't count as it was published by Nintendo.

You could list the double pack re-release of Bayo 1 + Vanquish though (in case you got that one recently) since it was published by Sega and not Nintendo.

If you change your mind about Souls Hackers 2 you can pick it up from VGP for just $15 CAD lol. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Yep, got bunch of reprints and imports there, lol. Between Play Asia, VGP, and some stuff on Amazon/eBay I could probably get that Steam Deck OLED. Pain! 😱😂😅
Lmao, I feel you! We have to snag those reprints before everyone else!! On my side I pulled the trigger on 2 NA imports since they're very cheap at VGP (Root Letter and Undertale) and also snagged Yakuza Ishin (guess I'll have to update my OP). :messenger_grinning_sweat:

laynelane

Persona 5 Strikers and Persona 4 Golden. I'm getting a few more games for my list from this thread, though. Souls Hackers 2 and 13 Sentinels definitely interest me. And SMT V above all others, but I lack the device to play it. :messenger_crying:

LakeOf9

Good pick-ups! Regarding Bayo 3, I'm aware of the IP being owned by Sega but I would say that it doesn't count as it was published by Nintendo.

You could list the double pack re-release of Bayo 1 + Vanquish though (in case you got that one recently) since it was published by Sega and not Nintendo.
Thanks! I love Sega games lol, I am a fan of theirs for life. I love so many of their IPs so much, they probably have the highest ratio of guaranteed buys of any publisher for me. Plus on top of that I will buy any rerelease Sega puts out on Steam and Switch because I like having those games on those systems lol.

Good call on Bayo too!

Last edited:
Bought a few- Frontiers (not a fan), Sonic Origins, Persona 4 Golden, Like a Dragon, Lost Judgement. I buy a lot of Yakuza games but rarely ever get far in them. The charm appeals to me but I get a bit bored actually playing.

Can I add that sega/atlus can screw themselves for not offering an upgrade path for P5 Royal ps5 version? People have already bought it twice ...now you have the audacity to withhold 60 fps from us unless we buy your game a THIRD TIME?

On the topic of Bayonetta has anyone bought Cereza? It's on sale on eBay shop right now. Played the demo and thought it was good bit wondering if the fairy tale/little girl voice/story will get tiring..

Last edited:
Top Bottom