• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How much are you spending on a Switch day one?

Console - $300
Pro Controller - $70
Single Joy-con - $50
Joy-con Set - $80
Chargeable Grip - $30
Extra Dock - $90
Games - varies in price
SD card - varies in price
Extra battery - varies in price

Put prices in your responses please.

Glix

Console - $105 (trading in my WiiU to Gamestop)
Zelda CE - $100
Hybrid Cover - $25

Those are the three items I have reserved. I have a feeling I'll impulse buy some more stuff.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Console - $300
Pro Controller - $70
Zelda - $60
Bomberman R - $60

I think that's it. Might pass on Bomberman until a price drop. So... $430-490.

Forced to get a GameStop bundle. So $560 with taxes and shipping and another $20 for a charging the Joycon. Too much but I love Zelda and I want access to it on the go.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Console-$300
Pro Cotnroller $70 (or $30 charger grip if I can't get a pro controller preordered).
Zelda $47 (GCU)

So $378-418.

Not counting 3 BOTW Amiibo I have preordered. Those are another $38ish after GCU discount.

Push 7% sales tax on everything.

georly

$720 and that doesn't include an extra micro SD Card.

System, Botw, botw special, botw master, neon blue joycons, joycon charging grip, blue straps for joycons.

If pro controller is a thing at launch, then 790, but i've been unable to preorder it.

Why is everyone buying extra joy cons?

So i can have them charging while i'm playing with the other pair.

And also because I suspect they might be in short supply like the wii remotes were at Wii Launch. And I'll need them EVENTUALLY and they likely won't ever go on sale (wii remotes are STILL 40 bucks)

Console. Zelda. Pro Controller so I've got one and I don't spend the next 3 years coming sideline getting one. So that's... £395 currently, adding up my preorders.

I'd get an extra joycon set and grip but until Mario Kart or arms, there's no real reason but honest with myself I don't need more than Zelda, will keep me busy until the end of March.

OneUh8

$299 -Console
$60 - Zelda

That is about it. I'll grab a SDXC card and a Pro controller later. Maybe a carrying case/bag.

On day one, I'm just getting the neon console and the Zelda SE. However, my birthday just happens to be March 13th. I'll be asking family and my fiancé for things like a pro controller, a decently sized MicroSD, and maybe another game or two.

Alpha_eX

I've ordered...

Grey console
Pro-controller
Premium screen protector
Neon Joy-cons
Zelda
1-2-Switch
Bomberman

Wish ARMS was day one, can't wait to play that again. I'll grab Snipperclips soon as possible.

JaseMath

Console...
Pro Controller (if they're available)...
Breath of the Wild...
Screen Protector...

So around $450 after tax

Cartho

Console (grey) £140 - doing game's "trade in Xbox 1 s and get the switch for half price" deal (also applies to PS4 slim and a couple of other things I think). Never use my One as my PS4 pro is my main "western" console.

Zelda BOTW - £47.99

Trevelyan

Banned
2 Switches - $600
BoTW Limited Edition - $100
Joycon charger - $30
1 2 Switch - $50
2 Cases - $50

So I guess $830?

This is not including a memory card, which will I will buy beforehand.

None myself, but a friend was telling me she's placed about £576 in pre-orders. I'm guessing that's all the launch games and an extra set of controllers.

13ruce

Banned
309€ + Breath of the Wild = 369€:eek:
Will buy 1 extra joycon set around summer thats when my nephews have their birhday they love gaming so that will be cool:p also just want to have one extra set of joycons just in case later so that i can charge one set and use the other while docked.

Jarnet87

70-80 dollars for system plus Zelda. Traded in my Wii U and New 3DS XL.

got a amazon gift card too that will cover the hori controller or most of the pro controller but trying to hold off til I use the joycon, and they haven't showed up anywhere.

CronoShot

Just the console and Zelda, for now. I already have a 64GB microSD card I can use, and I don't need any extra controllers or anything.

Might buy a carrying case though...

grizzelye

Around £544

Nintendo Switch Neon Red - Neon Blue
AC Adapter (For Separate Room)
Pro Controller
Joy-Con Charging Grip
Joy-Con Strap Red
Joy-Con Strap Blue
Super Bomberman R
Zelda Breath Of The Wild Special Edition
Snipperclips

th4tguy

$720 and that doesn't include an extra micro SD Card.

System, Botw, botw special, botw master, neon blue joycons, joycon charging grip, blue straps for joycons.

If pro controller is a thing at launch, then 790, but i've been unable to preorder it.

So i can have them charging while i'm playing with the other pair.

And also because I suspect they might be in short supply like the wii remotes were at Wii Launch. And I'll need them EVENTUALLY and they likely won't ever go on sale (wii remotes are STILL 40 bucks)

But they have a 20+ hour life. Just make sure to hook up the controller when you aren't using it half of the time and you should be more than good. Unless you are planning on playing a lot of split screen games, I just can't see the point.

Probably just the console and BOTW day 1. I'm not the most demanding of gamers so generally my need for accessories is slim. Will play it by ear. More interested in the games and I figure Zelda will keep me busy for a good few months.

maxmars

Console, Zelda and most probably a 200 GB sdxc. Then I will take the rest of the day off to play Zelda somewhere in the wild. Just for kicks. Courtesy a 20000 mAh external battery of course.

Top Bottom