• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How to use your PS4 controller as a PC controller

Celcius

°Temp. member
I realized that my mobo has built in blutooth and then enabled it in my bios, installed the drivers, and paired my DS4 with it. Using DS4Windows it works great when playing SFV, but sometimes the lightbar flashes red and seems to disconnect. If this happens when DS4 windows is up then it says "Controller 1's latency over 10ms".

Is there anything I can do about this? Would buying a standalone blutooth usb adapter be better?

This seems like the most relevant thread regarding this so, I'll ask this here.

I have a 360 Tournament Edition fightstick. I have SF5 on PS4. How does this work? Would it introduce lag?

http://www.brookaccessory.com/detail/86711304/

Found this youtube vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4rlLYE-e20&index=3&list=PLIZO5l6xAWmH7XnBbMn157GJR8uFEoPGh

So with no converter response time is at 4.5 frames.

With converter it's at 5.2 frames.

0.7 frames difference. Doesn't sound too bad. And it's not like I'm some EVO champion or anything. Ok for competitive play?

Vex_

Banned
I realized that my mobo has built in blutooth and then enabled it in my bios, installed the drivers, and paired my DS4 with it. Using DS4Windows it works great when playing SFV, but sometimes the lightbar flashes red and seems to disconnect. If this happens when DS4 windows is up then it says "Controller 1's latency over 10ms".

Is there anything I can do about this? Would buying a standalone blutooth usb adapter be better?

DISABLE "Flash lightbar when Latency is over: [BLANK]" Uncheck that under "settings".

That is a bug afaik. It is known. Solved my issues immediately.

Celcius

°Temp. member
DISABLE "Flash lightbar when Latency is over: [BLANK]" Uncheck that under "settings".

That is a bug afaik. It is known. Solved my issues immediately.

Thanks!
Unfortunately sometimes it was laggier than being wired so I'll be sticking to wired for now.

I've been using this program for a year just fine, but now it's been giving me random issues. I recently bought a PS4, and use the same controller for both PC and console. When I reconnected the controller via a cable and started DS4Windows, it had to install a driver for some reason, and now it only works with certain games. I tried a bunch of XInput-only games, and only some of them worked normally. It's got me stumped because I didn't change anything on my end. Is it due to the PS4 being plugged in at the same time? I've tried everything I could (Updating DS4Windows, restarting Steam, trying Big Picture Mode, etc.), and nothing seems to work. Thanks in advance.

Teppic

I've been using this program for a year just fine, but now it's been giving me random issues. I recently bought a PS4, and use the same controller for both PC and console. When I reconnected the controller via a cable and started DS4Windows, it had to install a driver for some reason, and now it only works with certain games. I tried a bunch of XInput-only games, and only some of them worked normally. It's got me stumped because I didn't change anything on my end. Is it due to the PS4 being plugged in at the same time? I've tried everything I could (Updating DS4Windows, restarting Steam, trying Big Picture Mode, etc.), and nothing seems to work. Thanks in advance.
Have you tried to play games with the Hide DS4 Controller checked in the settings?

does anyone know how i can make anything other than the touchpad work in desktop. Mapped left mouse button to X and right to O, but nothing happens when i click the buttons in windows. I have to assume it's because it's somehow set to only enable them in a game

Probably an easy fix, but my cursor doesn't show up when using the DS4 unless I have a mouse connected. How do I get the cursor to show up with just the DS4 connected?

Top Bottom