• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HUGE EU PSN Sale - 500+ games on sale (Mainly Japanese?)

Jimrpg

Yes. Load times are good.

Tempted to buy Yakuza 0, not sure if will enjoy it and still have 2 Yakuzas4 and 5 on ps3 backlog from psn+ too.
What should i do?

Play 0. Don't worry about 4 and 5 unless you like 0.

0 is really good, and tells a really cohesive story.

TeeDoff

Neo Member
Sony, you see all those lovely Vita games you have on sale? How about trying to get some of them on to Ps+ rather then the recent offerings, eh?

I'm tempted by Edith Finch and Sexy Brutale, but honestly I have such a big backlog that I probably won't buy anything just now as there aren't any essential prices that are jumping out at me and I know everything will be on sale again soon. Heck, I just bought MGSV about 4 weeks ago for £9 and I haven't even played it yet.

GeeTeeCee

Screw the backlog, I'm very tempted by:

Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles (which IIRC is the preferred way to play Symphony of the Night on Vita?)
Persona 4: Dancing All Night (I still haven't got more than a few hours into P4G, but I just beat P5 and I might as well get it while it's cheap)
FF8

I was planning on getting one of the Dynasty Warriors games on PS4 but at this point I may as well wait for the new one.

Kuraudo

Banned
Be honest with me. How bad is the PSN version of FF6?

I have been wanting to play it for years and have always held off as I have only heard terrible things about that version. I'm not buying a GBA so it's either PSN or SNES mini.

It's fine. The load times aren't great, but I first played it in PS1 and didn't find it detracted from the overall experience. I actually went back to that version this year when I started a replay.

But if you're definitely getting a SNES mini I'd maybe wait for that version just for the air of authenticity.

arcticice

Yakuza 0 is 26€.

Never played a yakuza game before. Is it worth it (for a newcomer)?

Edit: is there pro support?

Is it worth it? Absolutely. It's a prequel to everything so essentially it's the first game of the franchise. After this, you can get your hands on Yakuza Kiwami, which is coming in August and is a complete makeover of Yakuza 1.

No idea about pro support

Hesemonni

Banned
Sales like this makes me hate our 50Hz roots :/ Would grab the FF-series in a heartbeat if it weren't for that. Also,SotN...

Didn't get anything during the steam sale because I'm broke but I'll try to scrap together some cash for Stein's Gate 0 on Vita. I'm about to finish the first and I'm loving it. Handhelds are perfect for VNs.

Lots of great deals, Yakuza 0 is a must. Same for Yakuza 5 if you still have a PS3.

If you're into jrpgs definitely grab the Cold Steel games. I also really enjoyed Ar No Surge, it's really cheap now.

I wish they'd put P4D's dlc on sale.

Hasn't hit the AU store yet it seems.
Still waiting for psprices AU to update :(

And the PSN AU store isn't working for me - I'm getting acccess denied error msg.
Is it normal that this isn't up on the Australian store at the same time as EU?

Edit: Looks like the discounts are live but PSPrices isn't updated for AU yet.
I think it technically rolls over at 11pm AEST tonight but the prices for the new items pop up at 10am so the banners and sections won't change until then.

Paertan

Saw Persona 3 and was thrilled! Then I saw it was not the Portable version :/ I want it for my Vita!

Oh Well I am gonna buy Trails of Cold Steel 1 and 2 at least. And maybe something more..

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
It's fine. The load times aren't great, but I first played it in PS1 and didn't find it detracted from the overall experience. I actually went back to that version this year when I started a replay.

But if you're definitely getting a SNES mini I'd maybe wait for that version just for the air of authenticity.

Does the PS version have any technical upgrades over the SNES original.

Holy shit, Yakuza 5 is finally 10 euros, the price I've been waiting for. I only played Yakuza 4 before because it was on PS+ (didn't get Y5 on Plus), can I jump right into it?

Majora

What Remains of Edith Finch is an essential purchase if you enjoy narrative experience type games. Definitely one of the best in the genre, shame it's been slept on a bit.

EndMerit

Persona 3 FES is on PS3-store!? I've played P3P but I kind of want that 3D overworld and handful of anime cutscenes...

Somebody talk to me about Virtue's Last Reward and Odin Sphere Leifthrasir. Does Vita version of VLR have significant advantages over 3DS's two screens and stylus-touchscreen, and is Odin Sphere's PS4 version worth double the price of Vita's?

Help me out here, guys.

Mithos

I'm so torn... I don't like digital (24GB = 12hrs download on PSN) but man there are some cheap games in there I'd like.

Also I'm confused over one thing, on the PS4 store (from the PS4) I own Journey (through PS+) and can only chose to download it, but when I check it on the Playstation store website from my PC I don't own it and can buy it.
Anyone had/have this same thing for this game or any other game?

Shin

Banned
So many good games on sale, even though I'm from EU I'll buy on my US account.
Enjoy peeps, great sale overall!

Catvoca

Banned
Help me out here, guys.

The vita version of VLR is better looking and doesn't have a game breaking bug that exists in the 3ds version. I imagine the PC/PS4 versions are better now though, and it goes without saying that you should play 999 first.

Also buy P3 FES, it's so good!

Zaru

Persona 3 Portable has been at 30 bucks for a long ass time now, but they're throwing around cheap P3 FES like it's nothing.

Persona 3 Portable has been at 30 bucks for a long ass time now, but they're throwing around cheap P3 FES like it's nothing.

I wouldn't hold out hope of P3P staying in the store forever to be honest. It's published by Ghostlight rather than Atlus and may get pulled one day like Trails in the Sky did.

I would like to get Persona 3 but wasn't there a thing about it coming to PS4? I would prefer to play it on there instead of the PS3.

Top Bottom