• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HUGE Sony 09 blowout - LittleBigPlanet PSP, Uncharted 2, Price cuts & more

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Add D+Pad to the list of banned sites.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
SolidSnakex said:
Why? They got several things correct even if they price cut doesn't happen when they said it would.
I really like their digital magazine, but there was a ban bet.
Check Dire 's tag.

EDIT: Its were or where? I always got it wrong v_v
Thanks guys for the 'was' :D

Fersis said:
I really like their digital magazine, but there where a ban bet.
Check Dire 's tag.

EDIT: Its were or where? I always got it wrong v_v

There 'was' a ban bet. But the month isn't over yet.

Fersis

RoboPlato said:
In this case it would be 'was'.
gregor7777 said:
There 'was' a ban bet. But the month isn't over yet.
Thanks guys ^_^

jett said:
Eh they got some stuff right, it'd be a shame if d-pad got banned, it's a good website.
Indeed,its a good site.

D+Pad's source got a lot of stuff right, I don't think this was a case of them making stuff up and I don't think they deserve to be banned.
Sony did reveal a cheaper PS3 dev kit in March too ;)

Dire

When somebody lists off countless mostly logical things, some of them are bound to turn out true. Even a broken clock is right twice a day after all. But this wasn't publicized as a rumor or anything else like that. It was an explicit leak from "legends", relaying words directly from big man Reeves.

The reason I jumped on this was that it was completely illogical for Sony to rapidly drop the price (and for this story to never have been corroborated, and for them to pseudo-privately announce the price drop plans), especially along with the release Killzone 2 as the OP suggested, but at least did not state as fact. But the OP was completely unambiguous to imply that a price drop would occur WITHIN March. And if I can't go out and buy a PS3 for a permanently reduced price tommorow then there has been no price drop IN March. And for some reason, I'm not too concerned about that happening.

Dire said:
And if I can't go out and buy a PS3 for a permanently reduced price tommorow then there has been no price drop IN March.
Sir do you know how fast your goalposts were moving this is a residential area

Dire said:
As per my undertitle.

Bye bye D+Pad.
You're a dick.

Dire said:
When somebody lists off countless mostly logical things, some of them are bound to turn out true. Even a broken clock is right twice a day after all. But this wasn't publicized as a rumor or anything else like that. It was an explicit leak from "legends", relaying words directly from big man Reeves.

The reason I jumped on this was that it was completely illogical for Sony to rapidly drop the price (and for this story to never have been corroborated, and for them to pseudo-privately announce the price drop plans), especially along with the release Killzone 2 as the OP suggested, but at least did not state as fact. But the OP was completely unambiguous to imply that a price drop would occur WITHIN March. And if I can't go out and buy a PS3 for a permanently reduced price tommorow then there has been no price drop IN March. And for some reason, I'm not too concerned about that happening.
Haha what is this, the first time you've ever won at something in life? Did d+Pad murder your family or something?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
it would be so awesome if tomorrow sony announce and enforce a global price drop at the same time

gantz85

Banned
Bpatrol said:
You're a dick.

Haha what is this, the first time you've ever won at something in life? Did d+Pad murder your family or something?

Haha what is this, the first time you've seen someone won something in life? Did Dire murder your family or something?

gantz85 said:
Haha what is this, the first time you've seen someone won something in life? Did Dire murder your family or something?
The difference is I didn't make a ban bet about Dire, remember it 5 months later, and post 2 paragraphs about it when people call me out.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
mr_nothin said:
He's invested in this a little too much.
Yes, he bumped it and wants d-pad gone. He wants it erased. I am siding with d-pad on this but the ban bet is the ban bet.

Fersis

LiquidMetal14 said:
Yes, he bumped it and wants d-pad gone. He wants it erased. I am siding with d-pad on this but the ban bet is the ban bet.
Im in the same position, i like DPad but a ban bet is ban bet. He has more to lose than DPad thats for sure.:D

J-Rzez

jett said:
Eh they got some stuff right, it'd be a shame if d-pad got banned, it's a good website.

I have to agree here. If Kotaku isn't banned somehow, D-Pad should remain free too.

_Angelus_

Banned
If anyone is foolish enough to be involved in ban bets....well....

That's their ego putting their foot in their mouth while the forum comes calling putting a foot in their ass when its time to pay up.

Zen

Banned
I don't get this, why is there even an even an issue here? All they said was that Reeves said there would be a price cut but didn't specify as to what. They clearly went on to say that they think it might be the PS3 to tie in with the release of Killzone. They never said the PS3 would be getting a price cut. If people want to champion their banning because they said price cuts and it turns out to be only a price cut of 1 product, well, that's pretty stupid. EVERYTHING else they put forward seems to have worked out.

Angelus said:
If anyone is foolish enough to be involved in ban bets....well....

That's their ego putting their foot in their mouth while the forum comes calling putting a foot in their ass when its time to pay up.

Did D+Pad Ed agree to the ban bet?

Tom Penny said:
People are in for a rude awakening tomorrow.....

Considering that pretty much nobody believes that anything is going on tomorrow, I tend to think that the awakenings will be rather standard, dare say friendly.

androvsky

That's funny, the article D+Pad quoted in the OP predicts a price drop around Easter. Which is April 12.

Our source tells us that SCEE President David Reeves took to the stage to discuss the current economic climate and how it shouldn’t affect PlayStation business, though was quick to mention that SCEE will be getting more competitive on price from March 2009 onwards. Our guess is that we’ll be seeing price cuts to PS3 around Easter to tie in with the release of Killzone 2…

So what, exactly, is the ban bet again?

Zen

Banned
They probably agreed to a ban bet concerning a price cut, or something? Eitherway we need to see the actual terms quoted. Something tells me Dire is interpreting it as 'PS3!' when (If the idea of a site putting forth a ban bet is actually true) D Pad was specifying price cut.

Afrikan

Dire..you were right and you have won....but now is the time to make a decision... will you ask the mods to spare D+Pad...or is it OFF with their heads....

I'm sure the decision makers at D+Pad would have pardoned you, if you had lost the bet, that is :|

Zen

Banned
So.... there's no ban bet...? Dire is just saying "We'll their guess was wrong so their getting banned." Wat?

If this is the case, why does Dire even thik anything will happen to them? I mean Reeves said 'price cut', D Pad just said "Our guess is that it might be the PS3 to tie in with Killzone 2."

So what?

Kintaco

GarthVaderUK said:
What? No, I'm saying they weren't "foolish enough to be involved in ban bets".
Not to mention it was not stated as 100% happening.

Our guess is that we’ll be seeing price cuts to PS3 around Easter to tie in with the release of Killzone 2…

gantz85

Banned
Bpatrol said:
The difference is I didn't make a ban bet about Dire, remember it 5 months later, and post 2 paragraphs about it when people call me out.

I don't know if you're insinuating that he's a little bitch for making a ban bet, remembering it 5 months later and posting 2 paragraphs about it when people call him out

or

if you're overlooking the fact that you're a little bitch for caring this mcuh about someone making a ban bet, remembering it 5 months later and posting 2 paragraphs about it when people call him out.

diunxx

Banning D+pad over this would be stupid, they got a lot of stuff right and according to this thread they didn't even agree on a ban bet. Dire is the only one that should be banned for been an attention whoring idiot.

fernoca

It seems as if tomorrow goes by and there's no price cut..Dire is only going to lose his tag; and no banning... Since D+pad never agreed on the ban bet, plus the post said that the price cut was around Easter, back when Killzone 2 had no firm release date.

Arguments and ban bets over price drops. I seriously don't get these people.

If a price drop happens, it happens. This is a GOOD thing. It may or may not make sense to many people to their "business compass", but since when does it matter what you think of the price of a product? You either want it or not.

Speculation is what it is. Don't lose any sleep over it, folks.

Top Bottom