• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HUGE Sony 09 blowout - LittleBigPlanet PSP, Uncharted 2, Price cuts & more

Wow lets not forget Heavy Rain is supposed to be 09 too.

Uncharted 2
God of War 3
Killzone 2
Heavy Rain
Infamous

Thats damn good, though GOW3 may slip to 09 I'd guess...

As far as the KZ2 related price cut this is SCEE. It is possible KZ2 is February US, March EU. 2 week delay not uncommon.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
WrikaWrek said:
Sounds like bullshit, and the whole Ps3 selling more also sounds like bs.

Needs further confirmation.
A similar thing happened with info about MGS4's date and the bundle was revealed at some SCEA event... so who knows.

DarkWish

I'm interested in see how LBP PSP turns out. I mean, one of the key things about the game is just how much you can do in the game, and obviously you can't do as much on a PSP as you can on a PS3. I wonder how much, if any, connectivity they'll use between the PSP and PS3 for LBP as well.

Crayon

Wouldnt trust that comment about Uncharted 2 looking "the same". Sounds like an untrained eye making a snap judgement on an early build. Naughty Dog never needed a whole new engine to realize major gains in graphics from game to game. Graphical achievement has always been their calling card.

Crayon said:
Wouldnt trust that comment about Uncharted 2 looking "the same". Sounds like an untrained eye making a snap judgement on an early build. Naughty Dog never needed a whole new engine to realize major gains in graphics from game to game. Graphical achievement has always been their calling card.

Uncharted 1 looks damn nice, maybe just refinement. Also it was a short clip so quick judgment is possible.

Wonder if ND will dare to go online...

AAK

Uncharted 2????

jak-3-20040603100335093_640w.jpg

Jak is not pleased

FrankT

Uncharted 2, most wanted game on the console personally.

Not outperforming 360 in PAL at least for a while now.

Seriously doubt the economic downturn is not impacting Playstation especially with what has happened to the Yen. Even more so since September when we actually saw the impact in the earnings report then and the the Yen has strengthened much more so in the last month and a half. Which in fact would only corroborate with the raising of prices for other Sony electronic goods in UK according to the earlier story today.

Future price cuts always a good reason to make people wait.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
MvmntInGrn said:

Uncharted 2
God of War 3
Killzone 2
Heavy Rain
Infamous

As far as the KZ2 related price cut this is SCEE. It is possible KZ2 is February US, March EU. 2 week delay not uncommon.

God of War 3 is probably March 2010.

Ether_Snake said:
God of War 3 is probably March 2010.

Hard to complain with all the other titles though. Not to mention by end 09 or early 2010 a new Insomniac title is likely if they stick to form.

Uncharted 2 or GOW3, either one in 09 would be awesome.

Firewire

Banned
WrikaWrek said:
Sounds like bullshit, and the whole Ps3 selling more also sounds like bs.

For something that hasn't been confirmed or denied in any way, you sure are starting the damage control early. :lol

Uncharted 2, man it's making me grin just thinking about it. Just give me more of the same, with Vsync, and an extra two hours of adventure/puzzle content spread through the game. Perfection.

dejay

Banned
2009 - year of the PS3. Keep the faith, we're turning the corner, two jobs and two PS3s for everyone. Believe.

MvmntInGrn said:

Uncharted 2
God of War 3
Killzone 2
Heavy Rain
Infamous

GT5, Rage (?)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Firestorm said:
Meh. Price cut is a bit far off and isn't this Europe only?

I'd expect one for Japan/US too. Japan would especially be good timing because of the Advent Children/FFXIII hardware bundle.

Banned
Firewire said:
For something that hasn't been confirmed or denied in any way, you sure are starting the damage control early. :lol

We know from the Nintendo charts that the 360 has started outselling the PS3 in Europe and Microsoft confirmed it.

I find it hard to believe that they would even mention a price cut so early. That would kill sales for Jan and Feb. They are not stupid.

Flunkie

Banned
Yay on the game news.. boo on the price cut news. It needs to be either now, or in February. Not March.

Edit: Just read some other posts.. I see. Well, they just need to make sure that when KZ2 comes out, they have a great deal on PS3 and a huge marketing campaign for both PS3 and KZ2.

Flunkie said:
Yay on the game news.. boo on the price cut news. It needs to be either now, or in February. Not March.

I'm still trying to fathom how Sony can afford a price cut, what has changed in production?
Not to mention Japan is in a recession...

MvmntInGrn said:
I'm still trying to fathom how Sony can afford a price cut, what has changed in production?
Not to mention Japan is in a recession...

Smaller chipset. The new 80gb/160gb models are running on a 65nm CPU and GPU. Perhaps the cost of blu ray components has gone down as well.

Crayon

OuterWorldVoice said:

Ok... seriously... I just whatched that movie the other day because i've always had trouble following the book....

DRUGS.

When I realized
he was going to saddle up the worm and ride it
I almost stopped the movie because I felt like I should be on drugs for optimum viewing. Then he did it and "the music" started playing and I wanted to
freebase some spice
and
surf some worm
. Quite a flick.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Crayon said:
Ok... seriously... I just whatched that movie the other day because i've always had trouble following the book....

DRUGS.

When I realized
he was going to saddle up the worm and ride it
I almost stopped the movie because I felt like I should be on drugs for optimum viewing. Then he did it and "the music" started playing and I wanted to
freebase some spice
and
surf some worm
. Quite a flick.

Watch the HD DVD version and check out the BALISET JAM! http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pCfQmVuIgVg

Crayon

The Take Out Bandit said:
Sony needs to stop throwing their money into crappy sequels for crappy franchises and focus on Warhawk 2.

Can't wait for Lair 2 as well! :lol

Typical Sony.

*HI FIVE.*

Actually wait.... how would you improve Warhark with Warhawk 2?

Varth

Kagari said:
Needs further confirmation.
A similar thing happened with info about MGS4's date and the bundle was revealed at some SCEA event... so who knows.

I can confirm 2 things, if it matters: gow3 was shown (and it was in game sequence) and there was an "unannounced big sequel for PS3" that I guess is Uncharted 2. Waiting more info on that for next week.
Had no confirmation on MotorStorm and LBP PSP, but the second was pretty much confirmed, so I guess it's all true.

Crayon said:
*HI FIVE.*

Actually wait.... how would you improve Warhark with Warhawk 2?

Dropship, APC, and jetpacks standard on all maps!

Delta Force style motorcycles.

Capital Ships.

Naval Forces.

Even more immersive / interactive environments for more hiding spots. :D

Top Bottom