• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HUGE Sony 09 blowout - LittleBigPlanet PSP, Uncharted 2, Price cuts & more

well, a 299€ Killzone 2 Bundle would be a no-brainer in 2009.
what about the PSN improvements? maybe Pii characters and full-game installs?

Fizzle

Varth said:
I can confirm 2 things, if it matters: gow3 was shown (and it was in game sequence) and there was an "unannounced big sequel for PS3" that I guess is Uncharted 2. Waiting more info on that for next week.
Had no confirmation on MotorStorm and LBP PSP, but the second was pretty much confirmed, so I guess it's all true.

I think David Jaffe confirmed Uncharted 2 anyways.

I'm CRAAAAAAVING for TWISTED METAL , UH HUH, CRAVING IT. K THESE ADS SUCK CHANGE SUBJECT.

Fizzle said:
I'm CRAAAAAAVING for TWISTED METAL , UH HUH, CRAVING IT. K THESE ADS SUCK CHANGE SUBJECT.

This is true.

I can't wait for new Twisted Metal, especially since Jaffe and company admitted Twisted Metal Black was a waste of everybody's time with too much emphasis on being a Hot Topic shopper's Dear Diary and less awesome fun like Twisted Metal 2.

Varth

I think David Jaffe confirmed Uncharted 2 anyways.
I know it was confirmed multiple times. It's just that I was waiting news for next week about a "big sequel", without knowing what it was. Now that I know, I'm a happy camper ^^

Guy Legend

They need to get Gran Turismo 5 out by holidays of next year. That's going to be the huge driver of PS3 sales whenever it finally comes out.

The Take Out Bandit said:
Sony needs to stop throwing their money into crappy sequels for crappy franchises and focus on Warhawk 2.

Can't wait for Lair 2 as well! :lol

Typical Sony.

This has to be a joke post. Uncharted is still my favorite game from this gen, and quite possibly my favorite of all time!

The information seems fishy since both MS and Nintendo confirmed that MS is selling better than the ps3 in EU, but this leaked source is contradicting them both.

Varth

Guy Legend said:
They need to get Gran Turismo 5 out by holidays of next year. That's going to be the huge driver of PS3 sales whenever it finally comes out.

Well, in the recent interview on GTPlanet, Yamauchi laughed at the notion of GT5 coming out in 2010, and said it was coming "sooner than expected", so holiday 2009 it's pretty much a given.

This is true.

I can't wait for new Twisted Metal, especially since Jaffe and company admitted Twisted Metal Black was a waste of everybody's time with too much emphasis on being a Hot Topic shopper's Dear Diary and less awesome fun like Twisted Metal 2.
I didn't know they had admitted that and I'm SO happy that they did. Seriously the harder you try to be edgy, the lamer your game gets (American McGee, I'm looking at you).

WORLDWIDEWII said:
i am still worry about the development of GOW3 because they never announce who the director was.

They haven't even really talked about the game so it shouldn't be a surprise that the director hasn't been revealed. The tech should be top notch as always though. Tim Moss mentioned after Cory left that the entire programming team from GoW1 was still there and were working on GoW3.

Crayon

cjtiger300 said:
This has to be a joke post. Uncharted is still my favorite game from this gen, and quite possibly my favorite of all time!

Serious like a heart attack. Uncharted is Gears for Girls.

And Gears is Donkey Kong Country for the new millenium.

And Donkey Kong Country SUCKS.

Crayon said:

If I follow correctly you are insulting both games....

badcrumble said:
I didn't know they had admitted that and I'm SO happy that they did. Seriously the harder you try to be edgy, the lamer your game gets (American McGee, I'm looking at you).

Yep, it's on the Interviews that were included in the PS2 version of Twisted Metal Head On.

Hope runs deep!
Shit, wrong franchise.

Crayon

MvmntInGrn said:
If I follow correctly you are insulting both games....

Close. Im insulting three games.

Im about taking off now to go mountain biking so im a bit aggro.

bye!!!

Crayon said:

soooo... Uncharted is Donkey Kong Country for the new millenium, but for girls.

I guess so, with the barrels and all.

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
Kittonwy said:
Wait...

UNCHARTED 2!!!222!!!
angry.gif

RAWR.
angry.gif

this. so awesome.

Eh...fuck @ the timing of a possible pricedrop. I was considering a Ps3 right before the KZ2 launch. Would be such shit if a significant drop happened just a couple of weeks after.

Eh...if this info is true I might have to hold off for a bit until a price drop is announced.

Elios83

Varth said:
I know it was confirmed multiple times. It's just that I was waiting news for next week about a "big sequel", without knowing what it was. Now that I know, I'm a happy camper ^^

You mean internal news? Because I doubt they will announce things Uncharted 2 related for the public next week.

OldJadedGamer said:
Without Barlog or Jaffe on the team, I'm going to take a wait and see approach.
Sony Santa Monica studios are one of the most talented devs in the industry.
Most of the old team is still there.
They created the best looking PS2 game last gen.

[Nintex]

Elios83 said:
You mean internal news? Because I doubt they will announce things Uncharted 2 related for the public next week.
I smell there's going to be a bunch of NDA's broken on this one. I also doubt that Sony would announce Uncharted 2 already. They better keep that for E3 or something.

Also Killzone 2 + 320GB HDD for $499,- is a price cut in some way...

Guy Legend

mountain_duwe said:
If they drop the price of an 80GB to $250-$300, price won't be an excuse not to get a PS3 anymore.

It's going to be a $50 to $100 drop. Not more than that. I would expect the 80gb to go to $349.99 before it hits $299.99.

Foil

This is true.

Funny since Black was the best Twisted Metal they've done. Nostaligia really fucks with some peoples heads.

Google

miyamotofreak said:
I call bogus. Why would they call a price cut so far in advance? And if this is REALLY internal, why would anyone really leak it?

Agreed.

Also, why would they be discussing anything to do with sales BEFORE Thanksgiving and Christmas?

It makes absolutely no sense, and I also call bullshit.

moe_81 said:
Sony Santa Monica studios are one of the most talented devs in the industry.
Most of the old team is still there.
They created the best looking PS2 game last gen.

Good looking games are worthless if they have bad game design. Btw, it is super weird that this game causes the director to quit each time.

miyamotofreak said:
I call bogus. Why would they call a price cut so far in advance? And if this is REALLY internal, why would anyone really leak it?

Question is, why on earth would they keep something like this internal? I think any POSITIVE announcements would HELP right now...

EDIT: Well i guess the price drop thing wouldnt do any good announcing that now..but the other announcements imho would be a good thing to announce right now imho

Guy Legend said:
It's going to be a $50 to $100 drop. Not more than that. I would expect the 80gb to go to $349.99 before it hits $299.99.

well, a $50 drop is useless. the Arcade 360 would still be $150 cheaper. Sony needs to price the PS3 more aggressively to stand a chance in the console war.

Top Bottom