• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HUGE Sony 09 blowout - LittleBigPlanet PSP, Uncharted 2, Price cuts & more

WrikaWrek

Banned
Spiegel said:
Hey, they only had to drop the price to psp2000-level (psp-3000 costs 20 € more) to sell something comparable to PS3.

Leave Microsoft alone.

The point is how high you can go, not if you are using only one arm or both legs.

I may have missed something in the last however many pages, but this is what it says in the OP:

Reeves then went on to say that the PS3 has a bigger install base than the 360 in PAL territories, and that the install base gap will significantly increase in 2009.

This does not contradict MS's claim of currently selling more per week at this point in 2008.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
It's easy to tell who's butt hurt over this. Grow up and enjoy the damn games. And if what I just said hurt then you're one of those idiots.

mabuza

Banned
DMeisterJ said:
Agreed. Sixteen month head start and it's even close?

Crazy.

Does not bode well at all

Yep not to mention the price difference has been between $200-$300 for the majority of time since PS3's European launch.

MS is in deep trouble in Europe going into 2009.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
LiquidMetal14 said:
It's easy to tell who's butt hurt over this. Grow up and enjoy the damn games. And if what I just said hurt then you're one of those idiots.

Every thread.

I kinda hope this isn't true. I was looking forward to Jak PS3 in 2009. But I will be happy with Uncharted 2 as well. Anything Naughty Dog makes is gold.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Blu_LED said:
I kinda hope this isn't true. I was looking forward to Jak PS3 in 2009. But I will be happy with Uncharted 2 as well. Anything Naughty Dog makes is gold.

ND already said basically the next game was Uncharted 2. Sorry, Jak fans.

Dunlop

mabuza said:
Yep not to mention the price difference has been between $200-$300 for the majority of time since PS3's European launch.

MS is in deep trouble in Europe going into 2009.

mmm..kay?

Sony is gonna be in deep shit territory if they haven't changed their gameplan by 2009.

Until March, then KZ2 will totally save it.....

Makes me wonder what Ready at Dawn are up to... surely they could do a pretty darn good Jak game?

Always nice to hear word about LBP PSP, too. Can't say I'm particularly interested in Motorstorm on PSP, but hey - more support is more support.

Segata Sanshiro said:
Makes me wonder what Ready at Dawn are up to... surely they could do a pretty darn good Jak game?

Always nice to hear word about LBP PSP, too. Can't say I'm particularly interested in Motorstorm on PSP, but hey - more support is more support.
Maybe they are working on something for PSP2? Whatever they are working on, expect big things.

Blu_LED said:
I know but those Jak videos leaked, and that dude who said he voiced someone in the new Jak game.....

:( Gawd dammit.

Those leaked Jak videos looked like something from Jak 2 or Jak 3. Anyway, ND has said that if another Jak happens then it's going to be very different from the series on the PS2. They don't want to make a prettier version of those games.

Uncharted 2 in an Aztec setting? Wasn't that pretty much the setting of the first one? As long as it's good I won't have any qualms I suppose.

DunpealD

solid2snake said:
maybe you should play more games and not just hype FFXIII on GAF?

Maybe you should play more games and not just be butthurt over a missing Shenmue 3 on NeoGAF?

stealth edit: /sarcasm

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds strange to me that they've "announced" a price cut at this point.
The news about GoW3 and Uncharted 2 sound good though. My guess, regarding Uncharted 2 , is that maybe they're going to polish the animations further, add some other things such as destructible environments and some other things.

DunpealD said:
Maybe you should play more games and not just be butthurt over a missing Shenmue 3 on NeoGAF?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds strange to me that they've "announced" a price cut at this point.
The news about GoW3 and Uncharted 2 sound good though. My guess, regarding Uncharted 2 , is that maybe they're going to polish the animations further and add some other things such as destructible environments and some other things.

Honestly Uncharted 2 just screams co-op with the great characters they introduced in the first one. In terms of the animation, they have to incorporate the cover animation from Eight Days tech demo.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Gully State said:
Uncharted 2 in an Aztec setting? Wasn't that pretty much the setting of the first one? As long as it's good I won't have any qualms I suppose.
So long as there are salt water particles.

/

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Crayon said:
Wouldnt trust that comment about Uncharted 2 looking "the same". Sounds like an untrained eye making a snap judgement on an early build. Naughty Dog never needed a whole new engine to realize major gains in graphics from game to game. Graphical achievement has always been their calling card.

I really wouldn't care if it looked the same tbh, as long as it's got some decent set pieces, half decent level design and a kick ass story story like in the first one had I'll be more than happy, we can't always expect every sequel to look amazingly better than the first, I'm a great believer in that games on the PS3 will evolve graphically but sometimes I think we do get carried away a little bit with regards to how far the PS3 can push the envelope, and that only leads to disappointment, I like I said as long as it's as good as the first one then I think we should all be pleased.

Gully State said:
Honestly Uncharted 2 just screams co-op with the great characters they introduced in the first one. In terms of the animation, they have to incorporate the cover animation from Eight Days tech demo.

I disagree, imo, one of Uncharted strength is the story. if they implement co-op than they limit the scenario itself by must having someone always with you. while I enjoy the part where we have AI team mate with us, I also like some parts when the story force you to be alone in Uncharted 1. co-op will totally ruin that moment.

imo, what Uncharted needed is more puzzle and platforming, and I was really hoping for a more open ended game with central town hub and NPCs and missions like Jak 2 and 3. this way they can have many sidequests with optional real treasure hunts and not some tacked on shiny treasure in Uncharted 1. but this probably won't happen unfortunately.

Sean

Banned
Aside from maybe MotorStorm on PSP, isn't all of this stuff pretty much common sense? Uncharted 2 was "confirmed" a long time ago, surely everyone expects GoW3 to look great, and obviously Sony will be cutting the price of the PS3. I'm not sure why some people are finding this information so hard to believe.

Looking forward to Uncharted 2 - I hope they incorporate Elena into the game more (like Alyx in Half Life 2 Episode 1). There's a lot more they can do in that area, was kinda disappointed that you basically ditch her and then reunite for like 5 minutes and split up again.

kuYuri

Sean said:
Aside from maybe MotorStorm on PSP, isn't all of this stuff pretty much common sense? Uncharted 2 was "confirmed" a long time ago, surely everyone expects GoW3 to look great, and obviously Sony will be cutting the price of the PS3. I'm not sure why some people are finding this information so hard to believe.

Looking forward to Uncharted 2 - I hope they incorporate Elena into the game more (like Alyx in Half Life 2 Episode 1). There's a lot more they can do in that area, was kinda disappointed that you basically ditch her and then reunite for like 5 minutes and split up again.

It's not that it's hard to believe, at least for me. I just want to see more confirmation, though Kh- kind of already confirmed it I guess.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
Just read the OP... I don't see any megaton; LBP PSP and Uncharted 2 were semi-confirmed a while ago; the only thing I see helping Sony's sales is the price cut...

Dunlop said:
mmm..kay?

Sony is gonna be in deep shit territory if they haven't changed their gameplan by 2009.

Until March, then KZ2 will totally save it.....

Wait for KZ2?

B33

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Those leaked Jak videos looked like something from Jak 2 or Jak 3. Anyway, ND has said that if another Jak happens then it's going to be very different from the series on the PS2. They don't want to make a prettier version of those games.

The videos present unfinished animation. It's not supposed to look drastically different at that stage.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
I'd be interested in a PS3 if it played PS2 games a la the 60GB version. A $50 drop does nothing to fix that. I sure wish Sony would realize that...

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
DaCocoBrova said:
I'd be interested in a PS3 if it played PS2 games a la the 60GB version. A $50 drop does nothing to fix that. I sure wish Sony would realize that...

Software emulation will be out someday.

lynux3 said:
God of War and slowdown don't compute, and 30 fps? Seriously? Just scratch those because those won't happen, but hope for no screen tearing this time around.
I really hope so honestly...a locked 60fps just seems like such a small delegation for most developers nowadays. Im almost certain that this will be THE best looking game ever once it releases(considering what they did on ps2), but i do worry for it. Metal Gear already caught the next gen - fuck up with its unstable framerate with occasional slowdown and loading issues, i just dont want GoW to follow suit.

BTW, i loved MGS4, just disappointed with a few things.

DaCocoBrova said:
Don't worry, they're working on it.

abstract alien said:
I really hope so honestly...a locked 60fps just seems like such a small delegation for most developers nowadays. Im almost certain that this will be THE best looking game ever once it releases(considering what they did on ps2), but i do worry for it. Metal Gear already caught the next gen - fuck up with its unstable framerate with occasional slowdown and loading issues, i just dont want GoW to follow suit.

BTW, i loved MGS4, just disappointed with a few things.
Both God of War I and II were 60fps. That's just a priority for Sony Santa Monica. I wouldn't worry about it.

Top Bottom