• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hugh Jackman thinks Tom Hardy would make a great Wolverine

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Variety:

“I haven’t really given it a lot of thought,” Jackman said. “I’ve been asked that question a lot, and I’m always like, ‘I don’t wanna make it too easy on the studio to replace me,’ you know? I’ve still got one more to do. I’m sure they’re already talking about it, and there’s some actor [they’ve told] ‘shh, keep it quiet but we want you next.'”

After a bit of thought on who could play a younger, re-imagined Wolverine, Jackman made his choice.

“He’s younger than me for sure,” Jackman said. “I think Tom Hardy would be a great Wolverine.”

I can see it.

tom-hardy-cover-image-840.jpg

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
that's be dope - and by then it should be an actual x-men series instead of the Mystique show

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
totally read the title as Tom Hanks and thought wtf.

Tom Hardy would make a good looking wolverine.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Everyone would be okay with it. Hardy is more than capable of acting himself through one of these films.

SimleuqiR

He's short enough. If he crouches a little more he will definitely look the part.

02-Things-You-Probably-Didnt.jpg

Not that Hollywood cares about the height.

Maybe he will finally wear Wolverine's Costume.

Still hoping that Hugh Jackman does wear the costume in Xmen Apocalypse or the Third Wolverine movie.

We discussed this a tiny bit in the recent thread about the new Wolverine film.

He'd he really good. Honestly though, once Hugh retires the role they should give Wolverine a break. When they do bring the character back, don't have him be the main focus. He isn't that strong of a character and the X-Men are a team. Focus on the other members.

zsynqx

He'd he really good. Honestly though, once Hugh retires the role they should give Wolverine a break. When they do bring the character back, don't have him be the main focus. He isn't that strong of a character and the X-Men are a team. Focus on the other members.

exactly!

I've been of the mind that they should use Wolverine 3 to introduce X-23. It would allow them to tell a new story and make her prominent in their universe, while also allowing them to take a break from actually using Wolverine.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Sure. Why not. Now if only they could make some good movies to put Wolverine in.

Looking back, The Wolverine was actually pretty decent. Some sloppy effects here and there which is probably a result of a rushed production but I definitely thought it was more ambitious than a lot of the cookie cutter superhero movies we've gotten. I mean...they didn't reinvent cinema with it, but I would say it danced outside what you would expect from a typical movie in that genre. It wasn't afraid to be quiet and somber, which is rare with these films. Then again, there was also a giant metal samurai robot suit.

Zoned

Actively hates charity

Not happening. Wolverine is the face of X-men in movies. Without him as the main character, movie ain't gonna make cash.

Looking back, The Wolverine was actually pretty decent. Some sloppy effects here and there which is probably a result of a rushed production but I definitely thought it was more ambitious than a lot of the cookie cutter superhero movies we've gotten. I mean...they didn't reinvent cinema with it, but I would say it danced outside what you would expect from a typical movie in that genre. It wasn't afraid to be quiet and somber, which is rare with these films. Then again, there was also a giant metal samurai robot suit.
I seriously loved The Wolverine up until the ending w/ Silver Samurai. It had such an awesome vibe going for it the whole film, has the awesome scene with ninjas, and then "oh wait it's a dumb superhero movie, quick let's go to a stupid secret lair and get a bad CGI robot all up in this".

Hardy would be rad. Play it like Max, with a slightly different accent and a bit more dialogue

Renji_11

Yeah he's right but it' a shame he's leaving as Jackman looks so much more like Wolverine now since he's older now.

SJRB

Gold Member
He's short enough. If he crouches a little more he will definitely look the part.

02-Things-You-Probably-Didnt.jpg

Not that Hollywood cares about the height.

This is the most random fucking thing I've seen all week.

So Mila Kunis should be Wolverine? I'm not sure she's ripped enough.

Sanjuro

I think it's time that we have a black Wolverine. Actually, could make a lot of sense for Daken.

Idris is ready!

Hystzen

This is the most random fucking thing I've seen all week.

So Mila Kunis should be Wolverine? I'm not sure she's ripped enough.

It's showing height not saying get Mila as Wolverine

i got feeling seeing her in Wolverine outfit would give me a confusing boner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom