• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hugh Jackman thinks Tom Hardy would make a great Wolverine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that visually he looks perfect for it, but he's probably a bit too old. They're going to want someone late 20s-early 30s, so they can hopefully get 15 years out of him like they have with Jackman.

Jackman as Wolverine has just been a joy to watch.
Visually he's not the ideal Logan to me (I mean, not just the height, but Hugh has no body hair. Wolvie has those classic hairy arms in the comics. Hugh is far too pretty :D), but his screen presence carries him so amazingly far with the character.

I rewatched X1, X2, and *shudder* X3 with my daughter recently and it still amazed me how much Jackman owned every scene he was in.

Hardy would be fantastic, but I feel like Jackman will be to Wolverine what Christopher Reeves is to Superman.

DeathyBoy

Banned
He'd make a great Wolverine, but on a purely selfish level I just want him to have Mad Max as his franchise of choice. Going from perfection to greatness is a demotion.

nib95

Banned
He's short enough. If he crouches a little more he will definitely look the part.

02-Things-You-Probably-Didnt.jpg

Not that Hollywood cares about the height.

Wolverine is 5' 3"? Wat….

On a side note, I agree, Hardy would be a great pick.

I really like Tom Hardy as an actor, except the weird way he speaks. Not sure if it was the roles he played or what, but the guy needs to speak up a bit!

When they do bring the character back, don't have him be the main focus. He isn't that strong of a character and the X-Men are a team. Focus on the other members.

Personally I think the Wolverine character is perfectly capable of carrying a franchise, the reality is that the one portrayed by Jackman the past 15 years is greatly toned down. And, while 'the Wolverine' had its moments, the Wolvie-centric films haven't really done the character much justice.

I will say though, that Jackman has inhibited the character to such a degree that I really can't see someone else playing it, at least for a while. He's as much Wolverine as Chris Reeve was Superman for a generation( and still is for many people). But as far as replacements go, you couldn't do better than Hardy.

watershed

Banned
Tom Hardy would be a good fit for the stocky, crazy, grizzly bear-like Wolverine I always understood the character to be.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
That's ok, Hardy played Max and was fine.

It was great, but that was despite Tom Hardy. Could have been a lot worse, though. He single-handedly ruined Warrior.

Or Peaky Blinders.

...hell, TDKR has him playing a pretty charismatic loon behind that voice filter.

Didn't know he was in Peaky Blinders. I was going to watch it but found out it wasn't a comedy.

How can you have a name like Peaky Blinders and not be a comedy? The UK doesn't make sense, m8.

a916

Damn you Hugh! Let Tom Hardy stay with DC, Marvel doesn't need any more (but wouldn't hurt to have more) stars and great actors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom