• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hurricane Ophelia |OT| Ireland's GAF gets windy

Jacked

Neo Member
Just arrived in.

They are offering £30 an hour overtime for people staying after hours...must be expecting something big

Arrived in to work at 8.20 after a 40 minute drive and the whole office was ordered to go home again at 8.30. Amazing management from our company, there. The drive home from Mallow to Cork was alright. Saw loads of downed trees but it wasn't too bad a drive. The wind here is a LOT worse now, though.

Anyone in the south west, stay at home ffs.

ao6ntwn4xkvbhjfmsslo.gif

Herne

2d6bcbae1809a27dcbcf7e77d82a3d64.jpg

I'm in Cork, Cobh specifically, and even in the protected harbour with Haulbowline directly across from us, the waves are getting higher. We're directly on the waterfront too, which will make things interesting. Power has been lost already on the Wilton side of the city.

Average wind speeds of around 62mph+ and gusts of around 107mph+ around 12pm. Grand day for a stroll, lads!

I'm so jealous. I adore storms and no matter where I move to I just can't seem to get any. Any of you Irish gaffers want to trade for the Manchester area, let me know!

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
Belfast is grey, wet and windy. A normal Monday
lulz

I got into work today at 8am and I'm the only one here except for a few security staff. Turns out that the team I'm in (I recently just joined from a different department) 'forgot' to let me know that we are to work from home, that head office sites and satellite offices are to close at around 12.30 and people shouldn't only travel in to work if it is 100% necessary. Currently sitting until midday to go home, the sunshine coast that is Bangor.

My transfer back to my old department can not come quick enough.

Herne

We're cut off, the bridge is impassable and the ferries can't operate. Power down in parts of the island. Trees down on some roads. We've had to brace the glass door with an armchair to stop it moving.

Fun times ahead! Storm should be at it's strongest for us around now.

Yeah, was wondering where the piss filter on reality had come from.

Right? It's the only day with halfway decent temps forecasted for this week so I was going to take the midget to the park, but it looks both bizarre AND gloomy out. Oh, England...

It's New Vegas all over again!

Woohoo!

Looks awesome, just been outside and snapped these.

Nice shots! I can't even see the sun for all the haze where I am. Might not be getting any of the storm, but it adds a little bit of excitement to the day, I suppose.

Meadows

Banned
The sky looks like a skybox from an edgy 2004 PS2 FPS game that would average around 6/10 in reviews. Protagonist is wearing sunglasses and a leather coat.

eizarus

Banned
I'm in Scotland and it's supposed to reach here tomorrow but fuck me, it's dark and windy outside. It's just past noon too.

Daffy Duck

In Stratford-upon-Avon the sky is looking amazing!

It's so dark, like one of those old time photo filters applied to it, so bizarre going outside in it.

Matsukaze

Heavy rain here in Donegal atm. Winds aren't too bad but they will be worse. According to the reports, we aren't due for the real deal until later this afternoon.

Regardless of where you are, stay safe everyone.

We've had a death already, thousands without power and major structural damage to homes and businesses. But yeah, let's hear more about you getting a BJ. Christ!
Eh, I've always found the cultures that can take an event like this in their stride deserve some props. Bad things are going to happen, nothing can really be done but prepare now. No harms in keeping some smiles in the meantime

Green Yoshi

We had a little storm here in Germany two weeks ago and seven people died because they were hit by trees in their cars or after they left their cars to remove branches from the road. Even a prominent journalist died because of this.

Top Bottom