• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hurricane Season 2011 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
perfectchaos007 said:
you spoke too soon :(

At this point I'm not even sweating it. As long as my apartment complex doesn't burn to the ground I'll just numbly accept the fact that there's at least a 75% chance that this drought will last well into 2012. On the bright side, the models have been whacky all day today and will probably change with each update so long as Nate wanders aimlessly.

Freedom = $1.05 said:
Nah, it's already gone too far north to hit Florida. It'll probably pound on the carolinas, just like every other hurricane does.

no way, not too far north, I'll let go of Miami and give you Broward or West Palm Beach at the most north

Miggytronz

at201114_5day.gif

PhatSaqs

Banned
Man we cant catch a break on the EC...

Well I guess Katia getting pushed counts as a break but man goddamn. Earthquakes, Hurricanes, rain for a week straight with flooding all over and now another fucking storm....

Jarmel

Banned
Possibly lost $20,000 worth of electronics in storage. I put my stuff in a U-Haul in downtown Binghamton, NY and I have no clue about the status of it.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
The chances of Nate giving Texas even some extraneous rain is diminishing by the day. Slow storm, since I had to use day as my interval, haha.

Jburton said:
The remnants of Katia are to hit Northern Ireland tonight.

Gusts of up to 70mph expected over the next 24 hours.

It's not even close to N.Ireland, I can't even imagine what its gonna be like as it plows a few miles north of me.

Jburton

Banned
Relix said:
Fuck you Maria. At least give me some rains!
Sounds like you got your wish. Hope everything is ok.

Master's blog said:
Long-range radar out of Puerto Rico does show a few respectable low-level spiral bands, and these bands have brought heavy flooding rains to the island this morning. Radar-estimated rainfall amounts over eight inches have occurred over portions of southern Puerto Rico, and flash flood warnings are posted for the La Plata River.

cajunator said:
Its only mid September. More storms surely to come. This is a kind of above average tropical season.

September 10th marks the highest point for activity (Usually.) From here on out it should be less and less activity. I'm hoping anyways, I had Irene, and then like a weeks worth of rain AFTER that. A friggen tree came through the top floor of my house and shit. >_>

No more hurricanes, no more storms, I could live with that.

Maria almost got me stuck in St Maarten for an extra day but it passed in time........all the American airliners cancelled flights on Saturday and then there were no high winds or rain that day lol..........Westjet didn't cancel at all on the weekend and once again shows that Canadians are tougher when it comes to the weather :D

pestul

Looks like we may get Hurricane Igor redux here in Eastern Newfoundland. Most models have it setting its sites on us and intensifying.. Goddamn.

at201114.gif

pestul said:
Goddamn, right up St. Mary's Bay as a Cat 1. Tomorrow is going to suck..

Stay safe, stay inside. Where you live are the power lines buried ?

EDIT: I'd really like to know how it's strengthening this far up the line ? Aren't these northern waters too cold ? Shouldn't it be weakening ?_?

pestul

AngelSoldier said:
Stay safe, stay inside. Where you live are the power lines buried ?

EDIT: I'd really like to know how it's strengthening this far up the line ? Aren't these northern waters too cold ? Shouldn't it be weakening ?_?
http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA/RT/SST/ATL/20.jpg

Waters are still quite warm north of bermuda. Problem is it picks up speed, so it probably won't have time to diminish in the cool waters before it hits.

pestul

Storm passed through the region very quickly. Its now windy here, but it seems we've dodged the worst of it. We didn't even lose power. I couldn't say how places farther to the West have fared.

After a bit of a lull we now have Invest 97, Invest 98, and Invest 99 all in the Atlantic. Might have something form in the next day or two.

DOO13ER said:
Eh, even if it does go gulf I think Texas is done with the season. The motherfucking high finally moved away but now we're getting fronts.

I know I heard from my parents that they have been getting some rain. Good to hear, but Texas is still waaaaay behind on getting caught up on rain totals for the year

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
perfectchaos007 said:
I know I heard from my parents that they have been getting some rain. Good to hear, but Texas is still waaaaay behind on getting caught up on rain totals for the year
No way we're bouncing back this year, but at least a more normal rain pattern for the rest of the year will keep the tinder moist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom