• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hurricane Season 2011 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Fellow Texans, it may be time to move. This drought might last until next spring.

As a result, we should see the current drought persist through next spring over most of Texas, including the greater Houston area as La Niña intensifies. Yes, Texas will likely see some welcomed wet periods at times during the fall and early winter as the polar storm track occasionally shifts south bringing quick bursts of precipitation associated with cold fronts and other fast moving disturbances; however, below to well-below-normal precipitation will likely by the dominant weather trend over most of the state though next May.We can always hope for some type of a weak tropical system during the latter half of September into October, but even that scenario is looking less likely with time.

http://blog.chron.com/sciguy/2011/09/analysis-when-will-the-terrible-texas-drought-end/

pestul

AirBrian said:
Looks like "most models" doesn't apply after the overnight development...

at201114_model.gif
I know the image has probably auto-updated since you posted, but just about all of those models would lead to a 'fish storm' (save for the Leewards and Puerto Rico). They seem to be pulling a hard right past Bermuda. But we'll see what kind of conditions exist on the NA continent in a weeks time. It might just be forced into the EC.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
pestul said:
I know the image has probably auto-updated since you posted, but just about all of those models would lead to a 'fish storm'. They seem to be pulling a hard right past Bermuda. But we'll see what kind of conditions exist on the NA continent in a weeks time. It might just be forced into the EC.

It isn't a fish storm if it affects the NE Islands. Unless fishes live there... and I am sure I am not a fish.

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
dskillzhtown said:
Fellow Texans, it may be time to move. This drought might last until next spring.

http://blog.chron.com/sciguy/2011/09/analysis-when-will-the-terrible-texas-drought-end/

Just read this myself. It's getty a little frightening. Our creeks are already dead, lakes and small rivers are stagnant. They might as well start building some homes in the middle of Lake Houston. We're already pumping water from Lakes Travis and Conroe but they can't be doing too good themselves. What's it all going to look like in another year?

Oh look, another disturbance in the gulf. I wonder where it's almost certain not to go...

HylianTom

Banned
Welp..

at201115_model.gif

Please come here to visit Austin, Nate. New Orleans is now caught-up on rain for the year, so we need to spread the love around a bit..

at201115_ensmodel.gif

Not funny, ensemble models.. not funny at all.

jamesinclair said:
Its a little bit funny.

You just want all of Texas to die. Well guess what we have an extremely strong economy with a shit ton of exports and the rest of the US will feel the pain if Texas hurts. So don't wish bad on Texas because everyone else will feel the rise of prices in our exports.

perfectchaos007 said:
You just want all of Texas to die. .

Uhm. No.

Look at the map. We have a map showing a storm going EVERY SINGLE WAY POSSIBLE......except Texas. For fucks sake, one of the models hits Maine!

Its a little funny. In a "fml" way.

2-Terms of Kombat
Evening Musuko said:
Wow. We've been trolled yet again.

Well, the temperature's gone down at least. :/

True, but at the expense of some of the driest air we've seen all year. Hence why the state is going up in flames. I wouldn't hold out hope for Nate either, the reason the models steer clear of Texas is because of the trough of dry air that blew through the state via the cool front. If any of that air gets sucked into Nate it could even weaken it, though if it churns northeast it'll have plenty of time to shake free and strengthen.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
I remember a few months back when all the Houston meteorologists were hyping this up as a big hurricane season for us. Flash forward to now when it seems like half the state's on fire. Fuck you, Frank Billingsley!

tedtropy said:
I remember a few months back when all the Houston meteorologists were hyping this up as a big hurricane season for us. Flash forward to now when it seems like half the state's on fire. Fuck you, Frank Billingsley!

Miss me?
DR_-NEIL-FRANK.jpg

LOCK

^lol I'm sorry Texans

But you should receive some rain in southern Texas, right? Hopefully at least.

Mikasangelos said:
at201114.gif

And MARIA is born.
Oh God this time I'm screwed it seems. NC resident.

DaFish

LOCK said:
^lol I'm sorry Texans

But you should receive some rain in southern Texas, right? Hopefully at least.

Oh God this time I'm screwed it seems. NC resident.
Yeah, im in Wilmington... this could be a good one

pestul

DMPrince said:
NATE. came out of nowhere. hopefully it lands on louisiana. want rain. really don't like summer heat. quite annoying.
Be careful what you wish for.. this thing could blow up quite a bit before landfall if it can survive a little wind sheer.

at201115_model.gif

GFS model looks a little dangerous, but I'm sure Texas is hoping for something closer to the GFDL model as I'm sure it would bring a little bit of rain.

HylianTom

Banned
pestul said:
Be careful what you wish for.. this thing could blow up quite a bit before landfall if it can survive a little wind sheer.

Yeah.. I don't like it one bit. Makes me nervous. In general, Louisiana got lucky with Lee, and I don't want to try our luck again.

Of course, Nate aims to be there during the week when I'm going apartment shopping. Lovely.

2-Terms of Kombat
DMPrince said:
NATE. came out of nowhere. hopefully it lands on louisiana. want rain. really don't like summer heat. quite annoying.
Oh that must be terrible for you. Wanna know why it's been so hot? Because your next door neighbor is FUCKING ON FiRE. Y'know, from all that rain we haven't been getting since last summer? :p

pestul

Kinda neat seeing this models changing so drastically every few hours on this very page. Looks like it will get stalled in the GoM for quite some time. The intensity forecasts are already higher than it was 4hrs ago.. GFS is the only one having this thing veer towards Texas at this point, but it could take days to get there.

pestul said:
Kinda neat seeing this models changing so drastically every few hours on this very page. Looks like it will get stalled in the GoM for quite some time. The intensity forecasts are already higher than it was 4hrs ago.. GFS is the only one having this thing veer towards Texas at this point, but it could take days to get there.

Nate is so chill. He doesn't give a single fuck. He gonna swirl out there until November just teasing Texas

Miggytronz

perfectchaos007 said:
Nate is so chill. He doesn't give a single fuck. He gonna swirl out there until November just teasing Texas

Dude....what if he did just chill for the next few weeks and just POOF! done.

cajunator

Banned
Louisiana is pretty much caught up and the drought is over except for the extreme northwestern portion. Texas needs the rain. If Nate hits Brownsville, it will spread rain exactly where it needs to go.

Superman00

Liverpool01
Man the northeast is getting really really soak. There is a lot of flooding in the VA/DC/MD metro area. Flooding everywhere, and traffic is horrible.

DOO13ER said:
Oh that must be terrible for you. Wanna know why it's been so hot? Because your next door neighbor is FUCKING ON FiRE. Y'know, from all that rain we haven't been getting since last summer? :p
it's okay. we had random swamp fire earlier in another city. didn't find out until 3 days after it happened lol. and i'm just puzzled by the gfs model lol. so bizarre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom