• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyper Light Drifter gameplay trailer

Haunted

yGtNU1-give-it-to-me-now-stephen-colb-wMQs.gif

Nachos

So glad that we're finally being Boktai 5, even if isn't coming from Konami.

I want able to pledge anything, but still, day 1.

Omikaru

This game looks so cool. Art style looks brilliant, combat will hopefully be as cool to play as it looks, and the music is very atmospheric.

My Vita needs this game.

Greg posted a blog a few days ago stating that they were nearing content lock (which means that it's near shipping quality).

no it means it's near alpha stage, as opposed to pre-alpha :p then after alpha is beta, and then its near shipping quality. last i hear the game is set to release holiday season this year.

That's not what that means at all.

It's the exact words he used to describe it
Content lock means the game is near shipping quality. Like alpha, this can be a moving target. Placeholder assets are gone, and every aspect of the game from the tuning to the timing of the voiceover to runtime performance are getting locked down. The caveats are removed. There’s a big emphasis on testing and refining. After content lock, it’s down to critical fixes or key surgical improvements.

http://supergiantgames.com/index.php/2014/03/from-alpha-to-content-lock/

It's amazing what developers can come up with utilizing isometric design. Although I am saddened to hear that this may not be released until early next year according to the blog comments.

Top Bottom