• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyper Light Drifter gameplay trailer

Slixshot

Banned
what.

there is coop?

O_O

also, were u playing a different mode than campaign? the way you describe "racking up kills against endless enemies" sounds like a horde mode lol

Ya man, I'm not sure about the campaign but there's coop horde mode where you guys enter this practice arena and select 2 different weapons to map to your x and y on the 360 pad (that's what we were using because they were pc rigs). Then you get to practice on dummies for as long as you want. When you're happy with your selection, you both walk through this door on the top of the screen and the horde begins.

This game is hard as nuts but it's SO good. It's fair. The dashing/drifting is really really cool. I actually didn't see anybody else notice this, but if you time your dashes correctly, you're able to fluidly move around drifting one after another. I was literally flying around the screen dodging things. My friends were watching and were like "dude that's so dope" and I was just sitting there with a grin on my face, kickin ass.

Nice! So looking forward to this, did they mention any release date timeframe?

Alex was saying that they're targeting Winter 2014, but if it happens to push into 2015 then so be it.

So happy I kickstarted this game. Can't wait for the $100 tier rewards. Bought myself a shirt and a Heart Machine pin while I was there. Can post later if interested.

Ya man, I'm not sure about the campaign but there's coop horde mode where you guys enter this practice arena and select 2 different weapons to map to your x and y on the 360 pad (that's what we were using because they were pc rigs). Then you get to practice on dummies for as long as you want. When you're happy with your selection, you both walk through this door on the top of the screen and the horde begins.

This game is hard as nuts but it's SO good. It's fair. The dashing/drifting is really really cool. I actually didn't see anybody else notice this, but if you time your dashes correctly, you're able to fluidly move around drifting one after another. I was literally flying around the screen dodging things. My friends were watching and were like "dude that's so dope" and I was just sitting there with a grin on my face, kickin ass.

goddamn. i can't wait!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I just want to say that this game made my day. I played it at Pax East this afternoon and it was everything I wanted and more. The game is so gorgeous. You can tell how talented Alex Preston is and how much he cares about the way it looks. The gameplay is SO good. The game tough, but it's fair. Beau developed samurai gunn which is just a small sample of how precise this game is. He's made the controls just as spot on. Coop is dope. My friends and I were on the struggle bus trying to wrack up kills against the endless amount of enemies but it sure was fun. Finally, the moment I put on those headphones, a smile was plastered on my face. Disasterpiece's next masterpiece will be right here. It will just be a question of whether or not it's better than his first: FEZ.
Co op?

jbw

Banned
This game oozes awesome. Kind of funny I've got this massively powerful PS4 and my most anticipated game for it is one that could probably run on a system from the 90s.

Converse

Banned
Well, this was on my radar before, but that trailer downright piqued my interest.

Also, Sony's marketing department is unparalleled in the industry. If I wasn't an informed gamer, I'd think this and Watch_Dogs were both PS4 exclusives.

Corpekata

Banned
Well, this was on my radar before, but that trailer downright piqued my interest.

Also, Sony's marketing department is unparalleled in the industry. If I wasn't an informed gamer, I'd think this and Watch_Dogs were both PS4 exclusives.

Really? I'd think the fact they have a "PS4 exclusive content" trailer about their usual 1 hour of extras for Watch Dogs would imply to most people that there are other versions of the game.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
This is one of the most visually appealing games I've ever seen.

Converse

Banned
Really? I'd think the fact they have a "PS4 exclusive content" trailer about their usual 1 hour of extras for Watch Dogs would imply to most people that there are other versions of the game.

I might be hyperbolizing a bit, or undercutting the average consumer, but I mean, look at the OP's trailer -- "Hyper Light Drifter Coming to PS4 and Vita," only PS4 and Vita logos at the end. And as a guy who hardly watches TV at all, I see this ad constantly (the last time I saw it, I was at my friend's house, who thought the game was a PS4 exclusive due to the constant PlayStation ads). Don't mean to derail the thread, I just think Sony's advertising is handily outclassing the reach and effect of its competitors (and I say this as a person who currently owns no Sony consoles).

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
This game has my attention. Kind of a big punch in the dick for it to be late 2014/early 2015 though. Trailers gets you hyped then... "See you in eight months!"

Blues1990

Along with Oddword: New 'n' Tasty, I'm quite stoked with getting this game when it's released later this year. I do feel sorry for Preston's heart condition, and I hope he does take it easy.

I just want to say that this game made my day. I played it at Pax East this afternoon and it was everything I wanted and more. The game is so gorgeous. You can tell how talented Alex Preston is and how much he cares about the way it looks. The gameplay is SO good. The game tough, but it's fair. Beau developed samurai gunn which is just a small sample of how precise this game is. He's made the controls just as spot on. Coop is dope. My friends and I were on the struggle bus trying to wrack up kills against the endless amount of enemies but it sure was fun. Finally, the moment I put on those headphones, a smile was plastered on my face. Disasterpiece's next masterpiece will be right here. It will just be a question of whether or not it's better than his first: FEZ.

Alex was saying that they're targeting Winter 2014, but if it happens to push into 2015 then so be it.

So happy I kickstarted this game. Can't wait for the $100 tier rewards. Bought myself a shirt and a Heart Machine pin while I was there. Can post later if interested.

Thank you so much for this :D

There is a lot of footage on this Destructoid stream, that was linked in this thread: http://www.twitch.tv/destructoid/b/519003358?t=4m05s

Slixshot

Banned
Thank you so much for this :D

There is a lot of footage on this Destructoid stream, that was linked in this thread: http://www.twitch.tv/destructoid/b/519003358?t=4m05s

No prob, duder. I honestly couldn't resist. That game looks like it's going to be everything I wanted it to be and more.

Where did this game come from? looks absolutely terrific.

god_damn_right_breaking_bad.gif

psn

Thanks for the link, looks really interesting. Wasnt interested until I saw those videos. Awesome year for indies..

Top Bottom