• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Community |OT| Pudding Pls (*´`) () (^o^)

The HDD forms of Uzume, Plutia and Peashy have been added to the Blanc website, along with some screens of them:

c0DPbn3.jpg
oD24Crl.jpg

lO8vFvU.jpg
5uqHzfC.jpg
etc

SerTapTap

Is this the first time in a video game Iris heart's sword whip has ACTUALLY been a sword whip?

Also question to anyone PP is on sale for $12 should I snatch it up while its on sale?

It's very much worth it as a VN. The life sim "gameplay" is even worse than usual and I don't like that genre. The concerts are decent but there's very few and you can only hear the HDD forms singing in their own song. The structure of the optional stuff is pretty stupid and basically requires a guide, especially for platinum.

Just play it with a guide or play it through casually for the humor and it's fine. If you're not in it for that totally don't play it, though I'm not sure why you're playing Neptunia games if you're not willing to spend $12 on humor.

The candidates don't sing BTW. They have some funny side story stuff and relevant sister-relationship stuff but that's all. It's fully voiced oddly (songs are always in Japanese of course)

I also wouldn't play it without at least playing game 1 or 3 and game 2. (solid advice for all spin offs which assume you know the characters)

Also question to anyone PP is on sale for $12 should I snatch it up while its on sale?
Let me put it this way. I got the true ending with Neptune only doing 2 stage events, the mandatory first day and last day ones, and it wasn't even required that I pressed a single button in either of them.

You have a glut of story stuff early on and then like 100 days worth of nothing, simply spamming lessons every single day. It's a really, really poor mans Idolmaster clone.

SerTapTap

You can still do tons of events if you want. The life sim aspect is just really plain and exploitable, though they're pretty much always boring IMO. Only one I recently enjoyed was Long Live The Queen because there's lots of choices and truly absurd was to succeed/die. I had to reload a save because my sword, naval strategy and decorating skills were too low for the 3 ways I had to survive.

Just treat it like a VN with unfortunately included gameplay

Demoskinos

Let me put it this way. I got the true ending with Neptune only doing 2 stage events, the mandatory first day and last day ones, and it wasn't even required that I pressed a single button in either of them.

You have a glut of story stuff early on and then like 100 days worth of nothing, simply spamming lessons every single day. It's a really, really poor mans Idolmaster clone.

That's what I feared. Guess I'll pass for now.

SerTapTap

Apparently Neptunia Victory 2 has swimsuit DLC out for everyone except Candidates, all new designs. I feared this would be the case since the Canidates have swimsuits (from mk2) but there's none to be found ingame for the CPUs. I really wish they'd stop removing outfits.

Anyway, here they are:
https://twitter.com/lukes1122/status/629620678585511936
https://twitter.com/lukes1122/status/629621335539384320
https://twitter.com/lukes1122/status/629620968269287424

Noire, Vert, Uzume and IF look good. Blanc looks like an 8 year old. I love S-Sha's overdesigned double-bikini, such a squeenix thing. B Sha's pixel hearts thing is cute.

SerTapTap

Is he a character or scout? ...not really interested either way, unless his skills are really funny.

And yeah from the nightgown DLC I figured the price would be pretty high on these. Might just get Vert/S-Sha/Noire's, and probably wait for the english release at that, still don't have a JP PSN card.

aitakute

SerTapTap

Ugh I hate how the other region PSN stores fail to load if you're logged in to your region.

But yeah, looks...looks like Umio alright. Wish they'd at least keep Histoire, even as a DLC-only character.

HGH

Banned
Here's a video of Umio. Combat starts around 6 minutes in.
He has 2 attack skills, AoE heal, AoE SP heal, regen, and 3 buffs. Oh and
laser eye beams.
EXE's a bit underwhelming even with the full animation.
Nothing too impressive really. No idea about his stats though.

SerTapTap

Speaking of full animation, what exactly is the deal with the Golden Third's EXEs? It seems like they play full animation when transformed and vs boss or not doesn't seem to matter, right?

Josephl64

Apparently Neptunia Victory 2 has swimsuit DLC out for everyone except Candidates, all new designs. I feared this would be the case since the Canidates have swimsuits (from mk2) but there's none to be found ingame for the CPUs. I really wish they'd stop removing outfits.

Blanc looks like an 8 year old.

Starting to feel like such a lolicon for having her as my fave.

On another note I do wish she had a game to herself instead of having to basically share hers...maybe it'll happen once the girls all have their first game 20 neptunias down the road.

SerTapTap

Starting to feel like such a lolicon for having her as my fave.

On another note I do wish she had a game to herself instead of having to basically share hers...maybe it'll happen once the girls all have their first game 20 neptunias down the road.

I like her normal outfit but this swimsuit and her schoolgirl ones are pretty bleh to me. The reasonably mature outfit is the one thing keeping her from looking a bit creepy. I don't like the school outfits much at all in Blanc Game other than Vert's (them legs). Also I really wish they'd announce a localized title for Blanc Game because the temp translation is a mess

And eh, I'm not sure I see a single-character side game working out, I do think everyone needs a game with focus on them (everyone except Neptune who already hogs the spotlight too much). I really liked that Victory 2 has a chapter where each of the CPUs/nations gets focus for a while, though I couldn't understand it so I don't know how well it was done.

Wonder what the eventual Vert game will be.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Playing through U right now and it's fun, but I'm not a fan of those unknown quests. I just want to beat stuff up and not think about an objective :p

SerTapTap

Playing through U right now and it's fun, but I'm not a fan of those unknown quests. I just want to beat stuff up and not think about an objective :p

The unknown quests are crazy easy. BTW do them last, as they progress the story. It's usually very clear what you need to do, and if not, try beating things up with skills, HDD etc. A few of them just end after you've beaten up enough stuff too. And IIRC it just straight up tells you what to do if you quit.

I don't think they were a particularly good design choice, but they're not as bad as they sound by any means.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
The unknown quests are crazy easy. BTW do them last, as they progress the story. It's usually very clear what you need to do, and if not, try beating things up with skills, HDD etc. A few of them just end after you've beaten up enough stuff too. And IIRC it just straight up tells you what to do if you quit.

I don't think they were a particularly good design choice, but they're not as bad as they sound by any means.

They aren't bad, but there was a couple where I had no idea if I was doing things right, but I was wacking away at stuff for so long and felt like I already missed my objective or something and ended up backing out. Good to know that they are also the story quests too. I'm trying to unlock some stuff too and get some Lily ranks up, but I doubt that I'll go ahead and platinum it.

How is the story in U? How long is it any way?

Well, there is a story... I think that's about the best compliment I can give the plot. It's basically just "journalists want CPUs to do quests to write an article about them", and then you do a load of quests. It's a decent length if you do every quest, if you only do story path ones though it is a very short game. Think of U like Onechanbara, a kinda brainless beat-em-up that is strangely enjoyable.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Think of U like Onechanbara, a kinda brainless beat-em-up that is strangely enjoyable.

Sometimes I get in the mood for some hack n slashes/beat em ups so it's the perfect title for me to play through right now. I did pick up the new Onechanbara so I guess I'll have to start that at some point too.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Sometimes I get in the mood for some hack n slashes/beat em ups so it's the perfect title for me to play through right now. I did pick up the new Onechanbara so I guess I'll have to start that at some point too.

It's essentially the Neptunia version of Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus. Not as good and feels more tedious. Worth it if you like Neptunia though. The sequel to it coming out looks like it's going to be a much better game.

-Neptunia/Sega Hard Girls crossover game: Plutia, Uzume and Nepgear are confirmed to appear.
-Also Neptune turns into a talking bike.
dOWj4Yp.jpg

Hurrah, Plutia is finally getting the screentime she deserves. Even better for me since that means the PSO2 crossover scratch will probably have Nepgear and Plutia outfits.

Also Neptune as a bike? Expect her to make copious amounts of jokes about Iffy riding her.

HGH

Banned
More info thanks to Gematsu:

The opening part of the game sees Sega Saturn and Neptune in battle, but Neptune somehow loses her body and turns into a bike.

IF-chan and Segami-chan travel through five different eras:

Modern Era – All of civilization is mainly destroyed.
Dreamcast Era – The most developed civilization.
Game Gear Era – A steampunk civilization.
Sega Saturn Era – A Middle Ages Europe-like civilization.
Mega Drive Era – An ancient times-like civilization.
Million Arthur-chan will be released during the summer (September), while the other announced collaboration characters (God Eater-chan and Nitroplus-chan) are aiming to be released in the fall (October to November).

HGH

Banned
So uh, the Nepugya DLC released and it's the weirdest damn thing. It's even less than expected. Granted it costs less than cosmetics but...
u3YK984.jpg

vT9kfhF.jpg

It's just a clone of Nepgear, same skills and all. And she can't even transform to boot (she has inflated stats to compensate). She has different voiceovers, which are basically done in the style of "really half-hearted bad VA" and "randomly going Nepugyaaa".
Also she only ever has one facial expression and it's creepier than any fanservice ever could be.

Here's a video if anyone cares, although there are minor spoilers around 1:30.

Gradon

Umm... In Re;birth 3, Shakeko refers to 1st-Gen-Compa as 'he' twice. I thought 1GC was a girl? First playable male in Neptunia or just a translation error?

HGH

Banned
Translation error.
That title belongs to Umio.

EDIT: I'm starting to think Tsunako has issues. This joke is going too far.
YpxWCTN.jpg

GAMERG0D

I got all the steam achievements on Re;Birth 1 and got everyone to level 999. Eventually I'll create all the plans but I have to do Re;Birth 2 now, I did the
Conquest
ending for my first run. I don't have any words. Re;Birth 3 needs to release already.

Finished Re;birth1 with the True Ending. Despite owning nearly every release this is the first one I've actually gotten through. Going to go through Re;Birth2 next before doing any of the spinoffs.

SerTapTap

I'm already done with the schoolgirl look in Blanc Game and it's not out yet. At least Tamsoft and the journalists have slightly more interesting designs than the CPUs outfits but ugh. I hope we at least get the normal outfits too, would be nice for them to use the alternates from prior neptunia games too but I won't hold my breath after they were absent in Nep U.

Those CGs look great, at least let us have some of those costumes. The japanese schoolgirl swimsuit can burn though

Plutia only in side games seems bearable. Just either never let her transform in the story or stop making her insufferably overbearing every time she does.

How is the story in U? How long is it any way?

It's funny and that's the only thing that's really important. It's pretty minor stuff, and IMO they sorta overuse the Nepgear ->robots thing, but it's got more humor than I expected.

#TeamBlanc

*grade school protagonist

So uh, the Nepugya DLC released and it's the weirdest damn thing. It's even less than expected. Granted it costs less than cosmetics but...

why

What are some good grinding spots for Re;Birth 1 around level 45?

Generally you want to either go to the latest optional/plan dungeon you can unlock or wail on the strongest "risky foe"/map boss thing you can kill, those give crazy experience.

BTW props to Victory 2 yet again for making the map bosses kind of somewhat reasonable at a proper level instead of "come back after you've beaten the game"

Miff

New pics of the Noire figure have been posted at AmiAmi.

Think the nose / mouth might look a bit softer than before; overall I still like it though.

Edit: Nope, it's exactly the same as before.

xtWsy5k.jpg

Miff

I don't know...I like it but I think it's just a bit too costly for my taste. And I have no more display space :(.

You may have already read when it was posted by Sir TapTap, but you can get the figure without the AmiAmi bonus crystal paperweight for 17% less. Agree though, they aren't cheap :(

Top Bottom