• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Community |OT| Pudding Pls (*´`) () (^o^)

Gradon

I am SO getting the LE for VII. I hope to god it comes with a cute figurine. I hope.
Or that beautiful three CD Dreamcast themed set that Japan got.

Shizuka

VihT0Du.png

StayDead

I've been playing Re;Birth 2 which I got at Japanese launch last year finally and slowly pluggging my way thrrough.

Not making the same mistake I made last time which was rushing Re;Birth 1 and struggling on all the bosses. Going much smoother this time.

Falk

that puzzling face
SeHa have been in 1 game

Nep has been in 20,000 games

I think it's quite clear who the world needs more of.

SeHa have been in 1 game

Nep has been in 20,000 games

I think it's quite clear who the world needs more of.
Yeah, voted for SeHa for variety's sake. Also I'm now pretty sure the poll's for some kind of postgame content / event, despite google translate throwing up the word "sequel" repeatedly.

Falk

that puzzling face
Let's be real, it probably means "do you want the 3 DLC packs unlocking lv400/700/1000 to be SeHa or Nep themed?".

In other words "which monsters do you want recolors of?"

aitakute

"Let's vote for which characters you want to see more after clearing the game! The side which won the vote will receive full voice with CG event!
That's what they said

Hachitora

So I've been playing Re;birth 1 for a while, kinda put it away for a bit, then came back to play some more. But loading up my save file just kinda brings me to the opening cutscene. Anyone know if there's a fix for this?

Blanc website has some new info up about the LE (the drama CD and figure), as well as the pre-order soundtrack CD.

Vej1UWp.png

Also one of the store specific bonuses that caught my eye before is now finalised. It looks absolutely dfjhdasdkajshdsa

loMUg2M.jpg

Miff

Wow at Re;Birth 1's
exponential Exp / Credit scaling. Leveled from 260 to 999 / 2mill to 90min Credits last night,
and platinum'd it. I can finally move on to Re;Birth 2.

So I've been playing Re;birth 1 for a while, kinda put it away for a bit, then came back to play some more. But loading up my save file just kinda brings me to the opening cutscene. Anyone know if there's a fix for this?

Random idea that probably won't work, but if you are playing on PC could you backup your old save file to another location and re-download it from Steam cloud?

Gradon

VideoGamesPlus.ca has listed Megadimension Neptunia VII for release on March 29th.
Their tentative dates for all of the Vita games since Idea Factory took leash of the series have been 100% right before IFI announced the release date.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think I've ever cared about the limited editions for this series but that figure looks pretty great.
There's like no chance of that coming over right?

It's possible but maybe not as an LE. I got my Noire figure from Iffy's Store when they had it up, I see no reason why they wouldn't offer Blanc at some point too. They need more merch for that store...

Zabi

Banned
Ahoy maties! I come here as someone who has platinum'd the first PS3 game and got Re;Birth 1 and the DLC during a Steam sale but I haven't played that yet because I'm not confident in my 6 year old laptop. The new laptop I plan on buying is supposed to be released within the next few months. I did check into the other games in the series but they didn't interest me for one reason or another.

Behold, Chinese knockoff Neptune from some mobile game.

I looked around a little and apparently the HDN games there are localized as "Hyper Warplane Girls" or something similar.
Chinese knockoffs are pretty funny overall.

On a Steam stats thing a few months ago it showed that the Re;Birth games have been doing well in China even without Chinese language support.

6hjDCiZ.png

SHG site updated with details of a special promotional offer. I think it says that if you buy [Blanc or Advent Dark Force] and SHG, you can send off for a further bonus item(s) (to be confirmed later). It's restricted to physical copies and Japan only.

Also the pre-order bonus page is nearly filled up with goodies now.

uzeLUpK.jpg
wAVKKA4.jpg

Welp, I've been reminded of how much the hitboxes for symbol encounters fucking suck in these games. I got into a battle with a dangerous enemy that was barely even on the screen literally right next to a save point, and it basically OHKO'd everyone while I failed at escaping 20 times in a row :\

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Got Blanc + Neptune Vs. The Zombie Army today. Haven't had much time to play it, but it feels pretty much like more of Neptunia U. The game play feels a little bit smoother and there's more moves now and more characters to use, plus assists from Compa and Iffy. I like the more 'movie-like' presentation. It and the setting makes the game feel a little different than the other Neptunia titles.

aitakute

Got Blanc + Neptune Vs. The Zombie Army today. Haven't had much time to play it, but it feels pretty much like more of Neptunia U. The game play feels a little bit smoother and there's more moves now and more characters to use, plus assists from Compa and Iffy. I like the more 'movie-like' presentation. It and the setting makes the game feel a little different than the other Neptunia titles.

Can I have more of your impression? I really want to know more about this game

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
IF is having a press release Dec 3rd. Lemme take some guesses: SeHa, Blanc, and the new Fairy Fencer are probably going to be it, since VII was more just a stealth announcement.

Falk

that puzzling face
real talk, fairy fencer f rocks

If I had the superpower of forcing all of GAF to play one game from start to end, it'd be Fairy Fencer f, because

- People who like that kind of humor, or turn based games, or whatever combination thereof would discover the game.
- Hilarious reactions from people who don't like Japanese-ish things in general.

Li Kao

Hello NeptuniaGAF !
I've got a little question: don't ask me why but I've got Re;Birth 1 on Vita AND PC... which one do I play ?
So I'm well aware that the resolution will be better on PC but appart from that, are there nice bonuses not included in the Vita version ? Does the Vita version runs like shit ? etc.

Because if the only downside is a lesser resolution I think I would prefer playing the game on a handheld. If there are other differences, that's another story.

Hello NeptuniaGAF !
I've got a little question: don't ask me why but I've got Re;Birth 1 on Vita AND PC... which one do I play ?
So I'm well aware that the resolution will be better on PC but appart from that, are there nice bonuses not included in the Vita version ? Does the Vita version runs like shit ? etc.

Because if the only downside is a lesser resolution I think I would prefer playing the game on a handheld. If there are other differences, that's another story.

I beat rebirth 1 on vita, only issue were the frame drops, no idea if this was fixed on the PC port. But even so, its a turn based rpg so frame drops weren't that big of a issue. Only plus side on PC is maybe mods if there are any?

Top Bottom