• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Community |OT| Pudding Pls (*´`) () (^o^)

With Tagmension's release I figured I'd finally clear Neptunia U out of my Vita backlog, so that's what I've been doing for the past few days. It's played pretty much like I expected, a competent if unremarkable SK-esque battler. Tamsoft've captured the feel of the franchise well, but there're enough issues with balance/variety/movesets/enemies etc to stop me from greatly enjoying it. The most fun I had was doing the Lv99 quests, since a couple of them really shook up the way I'd been playing. The Blanc/Uni one probably took me somewhere between 90-120 minutes to kill the 320 enemies.

Since it's been a bit since the Steam version came out too, has anyone online written up a walkthrough for Neptunia U yet, that's actually in text and not a video? I really want to get back to playing it, but the "hints" for how to beat the stage still seem so vague for me, and I really don't want to go back and swat monsters for an hour, without being able to figure it out what to actually do. I was stuck on one or two because I thought I was fulfilling the goal but apparently wasn't.
You're talking about the red Irregular quests right? This is based on the Vita version, but I'm assuming they're the exact same:

Volcanic Liquid - Just beat the 4 golems that spawn around you at the start.
Double Impact - Lure the two ghosts so they're next to each-other, then kill them at the exact same time.
Color Curse - Kill a ton of enemies (can't remember the exact number, but IIRC it's at least 500). Initially I thought the clear condition might be something to do with the sole yellow coloured enemy that shows up at the start, but it isn't.
Tight Squeeze - The description for this one is messed up. Rather than going into HDD, you can actually only deal damage for about 5 seconds after switching character. So switch, hit the enemies, switch, hit them, etc. Repeat until they're both dead.
Bodies of Water - Kill the 'Strong Tulip', which looks just like the regular tulips but with way more HP. From testing, it seems to be included in the initial enemy spawn.
Bye Bye - Run around the area to get all the hidden enemies to spawn, then kill them all.
Me, Myself and I - Kill pixelvaders until the barrier drops and the mech shows up, then kill it.
A Haunting - Run around and collect all the treasure chests. No need to kill anything.
Old Diary - Medal collection. Just keep killing enemies, since you auto collect the medals they drop. You're probably looking at around 400 kills.
Park What? - Kill the whale. You can only damage it (and the regular enemies) with SP attacks, so use those.

Can't remember any of the regular quests giving me headaches. For the Rom & Ram 'exit' ones IIRC you need to kill enemies to get the barrier(s) to drop, then head for the mark on the map.

SerTapTap

I'm still hoping to get a full team of 4 decently leveled people for a stream. It seems the situation is basically as I feared and it's very hard to find properly leveled people in multiplayer. Honestly stat leveling systems have no goddamn place in multiplayer games. At the very least there should be a "sync level to host's" option so you can actually play.

Grinding in this game certainly isn't hard, but it's not instant either and it really shouldn't be required to play multiplayer.

It doesn't change the ending you get, you basically tackle a different series of bosses with the candidates for a little while - the main difference is that each route has backstory that you won't find out on the other route. I didn't do the Hyperdimension route, but Heartdimension route goes into Uzume and Umio's backstory and I thought it was really good.

I'm probably too late but seriously NEVER do the Hyperdimension/Candidate route first. I don't even know why you get to choose, it's the choice between an extremely important emotional scene and silly fluff bullshit. The impact of the normal ending is totally nerfed if you pick Hyperdimension too.

Since it's been a bit since the Steam version came out too, has anyone online written up a walkthrough for Neptunia U yet, that's actually in text and not a video? I really want to get back to playing it, but the "hints" for how to beat the stage still seem so vague for me, and I really don't want to go back and swat monsters for an hour, without being able to figure it out what to actually do. I was stuck on one or two because I thought I was fulfilling the goal but apparently wasn't.

They're all actually extremely easy IMO. I think I only had to lose to one, and then it basically tells you what to do. They're usually just "beat all the enemies" in disguise. They were pretty pointless though and it's a good thing they're not in Blanc Game.

With Tagmension's release I figured I'd finally clear Neptunia U out of my Vita backlog, so that's what I've been doing for the past few days. It's played pretty much like I expected, a competent if unremarkable SK-esque battler.

IMO they should just make a full Estival Versus DLC based on Neptunia. Wouldn't even mind if the enemies are just SK enemies and bosses are SK characters and Neptunia CPUs.

Nep U is neat but didn't really have the budget to shine, and what little writing there was in it, while good, would pretty easily work in an EV single player DLC as opposed to a full game.

They do crossovers left and right with shitty abusive F2P card games, wish they'd do something more substantial.

Nope, I finished up the story on Sunday but I did it at level 22 so I'm probably still way too low to start multiplayer. My PSN is Azure-Firebird if you want to add me, I don't know what yours is.

My PSN's barakku. Turn on OHKOs and farm mission 11-5 in story mode (with the 2 huge metal dogoos) for major XP. You get about a level or two each go (level XP requirements are very linear past about 30).

Also OHKO the final boss a few times until you get his armor to get more prepared for multiplayer. He, hilariously, drops either the best or second best armor in the game, making almost all the other armor useless because of how easy it is to get his.

They paths affect which party members you get to use for a little while as those members fight different bosses but the teams will unite for the finale.

@SirTapTap, I finished fighting the Dark CPU's and Fake CPU's in Blanc's game. I think the Dark CPUs drop their own processor unit set, the fakes drop the alternate color processor unit sets at aseemingly 100% drop rate. Dark White dropped something called New Cast...idk what it is or what's it's used for.

Edit: nvm new cast is a new processor unit for Orange Heart.

This game is very confusing. There's a lot of cool stuff to get, but it's extremely hard to tell where you even get it from or what you need to get. Game desperately needed a drop/completion tracker. I've beaten every mission now, but I'm still missing stuff and aside from the Dark History boss armors I have no idea what the other drops I might need are.

Again, it's mostly polish that harms the side games. Collecting all this stuff WOULD be fun, if I had any idea what there was to get or where to get it. Is there a list of what to get in English? I guess I should start making one if there isn't.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
They're all actually extremely easy IMO. I think I only had to lose to one, and then it basically tells you what to do. They're usually just "beat all the enemies" in disguise. They were pretty pointless though and it's a good thing they're not in Blanc Game.

I'll save the list above, but I think I just need to really sit down and try again. I remember growing impatient with it when I was on a flight. There were some like "kill all but green" or something involving colours and I was doing that, but nothing was happening and it was taking forever with no end in sight :/ I figured I was doing something wrong, since it was taking WAY too long compared to the other quests.

This game is very confusing. There's a lot of cool stuff to get, but it's extremely hard to tell where you even get it from or what you need to get. Game desperately needed a drop/completion tracker. I've beaten every mission now, but I'm still missing stuff and aside from the Dark History boss armors I have no idea what the other drops I might need are.

Again, it's mostly polish that harms the side games. Collecting all this stuff WOULD be fun, if I had any idea what there was to get or where to get it. Is there a list of what to get in English? I guess I should start making one if there isn't.

I haven't found any list, which is annoying since I don't know how the drop system even works. Still missing a load of parts for costumes (really want to get Peashy's regular outfit) but I dunno where to get them, and I don't think I've found any processor or dark history items at all.

OMG Aero

They paths affect which party members you get to use for a little while as those members fight different bosses but the teams will unite for the finale.
It doesn't change the ending you get, you basically tackle a different series of bosses with the candidates for a little while - the main difference is that each route has backstory that you won't find out on the other route. I didn't do the Hyperdimension route, but Heartdimension route goes into Uzume and Umio's backstory and I thought it was really good.
Thanks for the heads up, I like Gold Third so I ended up picking the Hyperdimensio-
I'm probably too late but seriously NEVER do the Hyperdimension/Candidate route first. I don't even know why you get to choose, it's the choice between an extremely important emotional scene and silly fluff bullshit. The impact of the normal ending is totally nerfed if you pick Hyperdimension too.
-fuck.
I didn't make it that far past the choice and I still have a save before the
deluded CPU/Dark Green boss rush
. Is it really that bad that I should reload my save and pick Heartdimension?

Thanks for the heads up, I like Gold Third so I ended up picking the Hyperdimensio-

-fuck.

I can't attest to what is in the Hyperdimension route (I had assumed
Kurome
backstory), but the Heartdimension route has some really important Uzume/Umio backstory. Considering how the true ending plays out I'd consider it essential.

SerTapTap

I haven't found any list, which is annoying since I don't know how the drop system even works. Still missing a load of parts for costumes (really want to get Peashy's regular outfit) but I dunno where to get them, and I don't think I've found any processor or dark history items at all.

The non-treasure drop system isn't complicated, it's the lack of a list that makes no sense. Bosses drop their own armor, and apparently fake CPUs and Dark CPUs drop alt costumes and alt CPU parts.

Almost all outfits are Treasure drops actually, which seem to come from specific missions and crap? The treasure stuff is in even more desperate need of a tracker because unlike boss drops, there's no logical tie between reward and the enemy that drops it.

There's a Japanese wiki but I haven't bothered to translate it yet: http://wikiwiki.jp/blancneptune/?%A5%C8%A5%EC%A5%B8%A5%E3%A1%BC Throw it through google translate. I might make a list myself but not until this weekend at the very earliest.

I can't attest to what is in the Hyperdimension route (I had assumed
Kurome
backstory), but the Heartdimension route has some really important Uzume/Umio backstory. Considering how the true ending plays out I'd consider it essential.

Ehhh I wouldn't say it's as important for the true ending, (true ending spoilers)
since the true ending is the most ABSURDLY happy-happy bullshit and makes extremely little sense, like actually making less sense than Croire, a goddamn Tome who can walk dimensions, somehow getting captured

It does however matter for the emotional impact of the normal ending. Which is an actually well written ending, and I hope is considered the canon ending TBH.

-fuck.

TBH yes, I think it's worth reloading and seeing for the first ending. You'll almost certainly have to do a second playthrough to get the true ending so it's not the BIGGEST deal in the world, but IMO Heart dimension route -> Normal end -> NG+ -> Hyperdimension route -> True Ending is the best way to play the game. NG+ is not terrible, for the first time ever, so you can breeze through and get the second ending with less fuss. But the scene you miss is one of the best IMO
I teared up my first time

(there's no point in viewing the bad ending at all unless you're a creep tbh. It's not even particularly well written like the one in Mk2, as much as that one irks me as well)

Almost all outfits are Treasure drops actually, which seem to come from specific missions and crap? The treasure stuff is in even more desperate need of a tracker because unlike boss drops, there's no logical tie between reward and the enemy that drops it.
Yeah the treasure drops seem to be awful, I did finally manage to find a list of where those are found and that resulted in spending over an hour repeating a boring mission again and again without getting the 1 remaining item I needed. Not even sure if it drops from the boss, the mob enemies, or just a random clear bonus. Oh and I couldn't get Peashy's outfit anyway since some of those treasures only drop in multiplayer for god knows what reason.

SerTapTap

Yeah the treasure drops seem to be awful, I did finally manage to find a list of where those are found and that resulted in spending over an hour repeating a boring mission again and again without getting the 1 remaining item I needed. Not even sure if it drops from the boss, the mob enemies, or just a random clear bonus. Oh and I couldn't get Peashy's outfit anyway since some of those treasures only drop in multiplayer for god knows what reason.

Multiplayer is half the game. And you can play it solo, especially the non "big boss" ones. I also don't think just because 1 part of a treasure drops in one mission that means all pieces will?

All they really had to do was give you a hint as to where treasure is after you've beaten the game/gotten the first part of it/something. This is something the main AND rebirth games did by the end (Rebirth 3 tells you where to find enemies/drops, V2 puts enemies in your Nepedia if you take on a mission to fight them so you can find them/their drops).

Apparently IF/CH don't really work on the side games very directly? I guess that could be why. The main and rebirth teams clearly didn't talk either, that's why I'm glad the rebirth series is over with. The "best" part of the rebirths was merely them recycling content the main team already made. People think they're "better" and in a few ways they're right, but as far as remakes go the seams are really ugly.

Found out the hard way last night that Blanc multiplayer is region locked when I was trying to play with someone from America and someone from Japan (both with US copies). That's the final nail in the coffin for me, I'll wait for the PC version before considering playing it again.

Gradon

Found out the hard way last night that Blanc multiplayer is region locked when I was trying to play with someone from America and someone from Japan (both with US copies). That's the final nail in the coffin for me, I'll wait for the PC version before considering playing it again.

Yeah I got an email about this from IFI. It was mentioned in several of their Blanc emails, it really sucks, why would they go with region locked servers? Cost?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone know what's going on with the Neptunia Re;Birth Steam LE that's listed on Amazon? I put in an order when it first went up and now the page is gone? Supposed to be out this week.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Bump because... I think this got cancelled?

Hello,

We're contacting you about order xxxxxx for the following item(s):

Hyperdimension Neptunia Limited Edition Trilogy Pack - PC

We recently learned about a problem that prevented us from processing your order properly. Unfortunately, we had to cancel it. You have not been charged.

We're sorry for any disappointment or inconvenience this may have caused.

We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Service
Amazon.com

I finally picked up VII during that PSN sale and I just finished the Zero Dimension portion, but could someone clue me into how long the G Dimension section are (separately)? I'm pretty tired of Neptune yelling "I'm the protagonist!" every 5 seconds at this point, so 6 hours of it with her alone sounds dreadful at this rate, but at the same time I kind of want to get it over with so I can look forward to playing with the others.

kotodama

Oh, google's Onebox is horribly wrong then. Not the first time

Lol.. in further playing there is an event in which Mega Drive points out the weirdness of having the Game Gear come after the Saturn, theories are given all around, but Neptune's is the best/worst.

I finally picked up VII during that PSN sale and I just finished the Zero Dimension portion, but could someone clue me into how long the G Dimension section are (separately)? I'm pretty tired of Neptune yelling "I'm the protagonist!" every 5 seconds at this point, so 6 hours of it with her alone sounds dreadful at this rate, but at the same time I kind of want to get it over with so I can look forward to playing with the others.

The G sections are short. Neptune's being the easiest and fastest since you get support early on and I think you get to keep the items from Zero Dimension and any Histy Emergency DLC download pack heal item type dealio.

OMG Aero

This is off topic but probably the best place to ask, does anyone have any impressions of Fairy Fencer?
It's on sale on Steam and from looking at the screenshots it looks like a Neptunia reskin.

OmegaDL50

Question for everyone in the topic who play these games on Steam.

I am currently playing Neptunia Re Birth1 on Steam for the first time and running into an issue of text overflow. Certain text dialog conversions are being cut off.

Does anyone know if there is a fix or some sort of mod that corrects this problem of text being cutoff?

This is off topic but probably the best place to ask, does anyone have any impressions of Fairy Fencer?
It's on sale on Steam and from looking at the screenshots it looks like a Neptunia reskin.

Fairy Fencer F is a decent game and perhaps my favorite of the Idea Factory / Compile Heart releases.

While there are some similarities with the Neptunia Re Birth setup (Static World map with various locations to select)

The plot is a bit more serious and less overly focused on humor. While there is the occasional bit of humor thrown in, The characters seem much more grounded in personality, compared to the overly bubbly personality that Neptune has for example in the Neptunia games.

The main character is named Fang, he basically is more or less a bum. At the beginning he basically just wants to do nothing but eat and sleep all day. He hates hard work and putting out any kind of effort, but he gradually gets much more serious and responsible as the game goes along.

Basically the premise this.

Throughout the world are special swords called Furies which are stuck in the earth. The swords are remains of a long waged battle between two gods. The Vile God and Goddess.

In a final clash they took each other out, using the power of their furies. Inside each Fury resides a Fairy. Whoever gains control of over one of the swords and gets a wish granted.

Fang discovering one of these swords thought he got access to easy street and planned to make a wish for all the food he could ever want and never worry about going hungry again.

He pulls out the sword and the Fairy wakes up and tells him he's duty bound to find the other 99 swords and save the world, He's now stuck with his fairy companion cannot get rid of the sword or have his wish granted until he fulfills his assigned task. AKA Hard work for Fang, you can guess what his reaction is like.

There is 100 Furies throughout the world, and you need to find them which not only boost the power you have available in the form of new abilities and skills, They also can be stabbed into various locations on the world map which induce various modifiers to the dungeons within their effect radius. This can be anything from increased EXP gain, to higher drop rates, and even outright changing the enemy types from a specific area completely. Or trading all of your earned exp for money instead, and other such modifiers.

Combat system is much more refined than the Neptunia Rebirth games. You have the typical combo chains that consume AP until a character runs out. However the guard meter doesn't exist. There is now launchers and down attacks.

A launcher knocks the enemy into the air allow you to do mid-air juggles, and down attack is like a mid-air finisher that knocks the opponent back to the ground to resume a ground combo if you like.

Each character can have multiple weapon types such as Swords, Fists, Spears, Guns, and Axes, rather than the preset weapon assigned to the character like in Neptunia.

Basically the Furies can transform into any weapon type at will.

You can also mix your combo attacks for each attack animation, Like a Sword swing into a Fist attack, into a Heavy Axe blow.

There is also a mid-battle transformation mechanic similar to the Neptunia HDD transformation, Which is more like a Limit Break, you need to fill up this meter during combat and when it's filled a certain amount they can transform which lets use unique Magic skills and get access to a Limit Break style Super Attack.

One thing I think is notable as well is Yoshitaka Amano did some concept art for the game, and Nobuo Uematsu was co-composer.

One thing to note is later on in July a revised and updated version of the game Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force is coming out for the PS4 and I'll presume Steam...eventually.

The major differences is additional story arcs.

In the original game there is the Godly Revival Mechanic in which you pulled swords out statues of the two dead gods, The Vile God and the Goddess, and removing all of the swords would revive them or something.

The original game only True Goddess path existed. In the upcoming re-release, there is now the Vile God Path and a 3rd Neutral Path, which means different endings I guess.

Still for under $8 you can't go wrong, It's a decent game. I paid $20 for it and I thought that was a decent price.

I am also probably going to buy the re-release too which is an indicator how much I enjoyed the original game.

I hope this answers your questions.

OMG Aero

I hope this answers your questions.
That's really helpful, thanks.
I didn't realise the new game coming soon was an enhanced version of this game and thought it was just a straight sequel so I'll probably just wait for that one to hit Steam, I've got a bunch of other RPGs to play at the moment so I'm not in desperate need of one right now.

OmegaDL50

I wonder if a Neptunia fighting game would eventually be developed.

Say for example ArcSys Works and Compile Heart did a collaboration project.

Or maybe CC2 doing a Naruto / Arena Style Fighter.

I mean the Neptunia games already have a sizable roster.

I mean you have Neptune, IF, Compa, Noire, Vert, Blanc, Uni, Ram, Rom, Plutia, Peashy, Histoire, Arfoire, and the company reps like Marvy, Falcom, Tekken, MAGES.

Plenty of characters to make a decent fighting game. Also if they can incorporate the HDD Transformations as sort of in-battle special move mechanic.

Kind of like Naruto's Nine Tail Fox forms in the CC2 Naruto Fighters.

Also IIdea Factory / Compile Heart must be on somewhat good terms with CC2, since that also one of the character reps in the Re:birth series.

While it sounds like a nice idea, it's debatable if something would actually happen. It's nice to dream though.

SerTapTap

You fell into the Rebirth trap it seems. Anyone who's only played the remakes has a warped view of how the series (doesn't) progress. The reality is each mainline game is leaps and bounds better than the prior gameplay-wise, but the remakes hide that by being all based on the same engine (Victory's).

The remakes aren't bad, but they're definitely not perfect. But it doesn't matter so much anymore...there's no more need for remakes and Megadimension was great as it was.

Demoskinos

Oh gosh I need some help. I just beat the first major act of Megadimension VII. Got to the next part and its asking me to
choose a character now? I just need to know do I get to do all the routes at some point or does this choice lock me in to a specific route for this act?

kotodama

Oh gosh I need some help. I just beat the first major act of Megadimension VII. Got to the next part and its asking me to
choose a character now? I just need to know do I get to do all the routes at some point or does this choice lock me in to a specific route for this act?

Choose whomever. You'll have to do 'em all to get to the next act anyways.

aitakute

Cn5czyfUsAAQ_UU.jpg
Next mainline game?

jonno394

Just started Re:birth 3 on Steam. This is my first Steam Neptunia game, and the rest have been on the PS Vita. I skipped over rebirth 2, but got to know all the CPU candidates in Hyperdevotion Noire and Action Unleashed anyway, plus I heard the PC port isn't stellar.

Really like this series of games. Rebirth 3 is great so far, I think my break in the series, about 12 months since Action Unleased, has allowed me to enjoy this more! Iris Heart is a bit risque.....but the dynamic between Neptunia and Plutia is great so far.

Great news about Megatagmension coming to STeam as well. I don't own a Vita anymore, so thought i'd miss out on this and Superdimension Neptune Vs Sega Hard Girls

Falk

that puzzling face
Ah right, I think some peeps here might have had missing saves with rebirth 2 too.

Didn't have a problem with it myself. Guess I lucked out!

jonno394

I've only just discovered Cyber Dimension Neptune Four Goddess Online! Being out of the loop for 12 months, i'm a bit behind.

After Sega Hard Girls, is that the only upcoming Neptunia game that's been announced (excluding teh F2P card game)?

kotodama

Ah right, I think some peeps here might have had missing saves with rebirth 2 too.

Didn't have a problem with it myself. Guess I lucked out!

PC Port has been pretty solid for me. I've had some stuck battles with Re;Birth 2 and 3 on Full Screen though. Window-mode fixes it right up though.

I've only just discovered Cyber Dimension Neptune Four Goddess Online! Being out of the loop for 12 months, i'm a bit behind.

After Sega Hard Girls, is that the only upcoming Neptunia game that's been announced (excluding teh F2P card game)?

Bleh card game. Everything else is interesting though... I haven't gotten through Nep vs SeHa Girls and Blanc yet.. now I have Persona JP preordered, Deus Ex... too many bloody good games this year. #FirstWorldProblems #LittlestViolin

OMG Aero

Man I'm so far behind on this series. They just announced that the Sega Hard Girls game is out in October but I still haven't got around to finishing VII and haven't even started the Blanc game despite getting the limited edition of it.

jonno394

I forgot how long winded these games can be, i've put 13 hours in to re;birth 3 now and i'm only just part way through Chapter 4! At this rate, I won't be finishing this up for another two weeks or so!

Games good fun though. Plutie is such a likeable character, love her random comments (Japanese VA) when fighting and dispatching enemies.

The
booby milk
"event" scene really caught me off guard and got a proper laugh out of me..

Alrighty, I've bought all the games on Steam and have been playing through them over the past who knows how long. My thoughts:

Re;Birth 1: I think it took a while for me to really get into it. There is a lot to take in at the beginning when you're going in blind and I was very confused, but eventually it clicked with me. One thing I think this game did great and it doesn't really pop up again until Megadimension Neptunia VII is the dynamic between Nep, Compa, and Iffy. For whatever reason, I really like how they interact with each other, moreso than the interactions between CPUs. Arfoire was a decent enough villain to keep things in motion. Overall a good first entry to the series.

Re;Birth 2: The weakest game for me. I like the CPU Candidates, and coming straight off Re;Birth 1 it was nice to have some streamlined gameplay features. Not counting the Conquest ending, which is a fantastic what-if and tonal 180 for the series, the plot just draaaaags. Underling got old real quick and the Four Felons felt super undeveloped. I think toning down the wacky atmosphere of Re;Birth 1 was a mistake, but it's by no means a bad game. Just not interesting.

Re;Birth 3: This game is fantastic. They clearly learned their lesson from Re;Birth 2 and turned the series into a cartoon. And it works. The Seven Sages are all fantastic and I really hope they show up again in future titles. The only weak points to me was Plutia, who's schtick got old, Peashy, who kinda faded after her 10 minutes in the spotlight, and Rei Ryghts, who suddenly had character development after ~95% of the game was over. Overall was a fantastic game and I'll definitely play it over again in the future.

Action Unleashed: Why have their clothes rip off? Good god.

Megadimension Neptunia VII: Only part way through this game so I won't say much. I've done Neptune's and Noire's stories so far and I gotta say it's nice having a villain I can take seriously.

So yeah. Will probably pick up Hyperdevotion Noire and Megatagmension Blanc at some point as well. This series is great.

kotodama

Finally beat Nep vs SeHa Girls supposedly with the "True Ending" though I'm not entirely sure because Neptune was talking about some vote business.
Anyways, I like how appropriate the "True Ending" sequences were for each individual era. Yup, Iris Heart is going to be the enemy (oi vey she hits like a tonne of bricks). Nope, Nepgear nor GameGear because they are too nice. No reason for a battle with Dreamcast and Uzume, if all the other histories are resolved. After the credits, I got the Planeptune beach sequence. I'm thinking if I had sided with the SeHa Girls (i.e. "voted") during the boss battles then perhaps I would have gotten the Amusement Park sequence. I wonder if there is a scene in which they all hang out like Plutia alludes to.
Anyways fun all in all, but the game had some of the persist bugs that are similar to what I've gotten on the PC (Crashed before the battle with
the Seeds of Monster that devours History
and stalled during the battle once, both times I had to exit and restart the game) and the end credits seemed like they were going to crash the PS Vita. It'd be nice to play this again at 60fps with English VAs.

----

Started playing Megatagmension Blanc.. the English is kind of jarring now, and why is C-sha Tamsoft now? Still it's quite nice having the other Goddesses about. Pacing seems slower than Nep vs SeHa Girls, but maybe that's just a language thang.

jonno394

Just finished chapter 8 of Rebirth 3. Loved the end of it with
Peashy getting her memory back after seeing those 5 items...also Yellow Hearts character design.... nosebleed inducing

Hopefully not too long left. Not saying i'm bored of the game, just I haven't put in over 25-30 hours for a while, and it's monopol;ised pretty much all my gaming time for the past 3 weeks or so!

Spent the last week marathoning Victory (finally) and reaffirming my love for the franchise. It regurgitated much of what I enjoyed about mk2, but polished it up and threw in the most hilarious script in recent memory. I've reached the stage in my gaming life where I prefer my RPGs to be simple, straightforward fun, without any convoluted systems, and it delivered in spades on that front.

Plutia's now one of my favourite neps, though she loses much of her charm in HDD form. Also gained a new
affinity
for Nepgear after disliking her (self-acknowledged) bland performance in mk2. Blanc is still best though.
Her crying scene shortened my lifespan by about 10 years.

jonno394

Spent the last week marathoning Victory (finally) and reaffirming my love for the franchise. It regurgitated much of what I enjoyed about mk2, but polished it up and threw in the most hilarious script in recent memory. I've reached the stage in my gaming life where I prefer my RPGs to be simple, straightforward fun, without any convoluted systems, and it delivered in spades on that front.

Plutia's now one of my favourite neps, though she loses much of her charm in HDD form. Also gained a new
affinity
for Nepgear after disliking her (self-acknowledged) bland performance in mk2. Blanc is still best though.
Her crying scene shortened my lifespan by about 10 years.

Nepgears
useless abilities
were always a highlight to hear/see. Thought she was a great character. Plutia is definitely one of my favourites in the game, as I mentioned before, love the Japanese VA and the use of "bye bye" and other things during battle.

Decided to watch the anime after finishing Victory. It was all going well until I got to the OVA and then threw up at one of the scenes:

There're some parts of Neptunia you just don't bring up, even as a joke.

Nepgears
useless abilities
were always a highlight to hear/see. Thought she was a great character. Plutia is definitely one of my favourites in the game, as I mentioned before, love the Japanese VA and the use of "bye bye" and other things during battle.
I was using the Japanese voices too and thought Plutia's dozy drawl was endearing, even after listening to it for 40ish hours of gameplay. Not sure what her English equivalent sounds like, but it's not an easy role to play and I'm doubtful they could match Kanahana.

kotodama

I was using the Japanese voices too and thought Plutia's dozy drawl was endearing, even after listening to it for 40ish hours of gameplay. Not sure what her English equivalent sounds like, but it's not an easy role to play and I'm doubtful they could match Kanahana.

Having gone back and forth with the Japanese and English VAs as of late, Cherami Leigh does seem less dozy than Kanahana, but personally it's a pretty good, if not a different interpretation. I think Leigh's Iris Heart is probably the better of the two version though.

----
Looks like the Multiplayer aspect of MegaTagmension Blanc is dead. Also, weird how much Japanese the English language version of the game retains.

N° 2048

Just started Rebirth;2 and it's so good. I don't mind the English voices either. I am starting to love this series, the self aware humor really gets me.

edit: 10 hours in I just realized you can hold L trigger on Vita to skip all animations during battle. Super handy for grinding.

Top Bottom