• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Community |OT| Pudding Pls (*´`) () (^o^)

pooptest

Just as I expected! I am getting it then. Why not just sell your PS4 anyway and pool that towards one of these? It is just simply a matter of re-installing and redownloading your stuff when you log in to PSN, right?

But I've had it since forever! And there's too many options, I wouldn't know which one to get anyways... That Noire one looks legit, though.

you get to keep everyone...eventually...the first games really take their time to actually give you your party members. If you bought the DLC, Plutia is pretty OP.

K. Thank you. Yeah, I bought it when it was on sale when first released, so it came with all the DLC (Playing on PC). Man, I hate Neptunia and God Eater... Well, I love it, but my wallet am cry.

I just dug up some of my stuff that's been in boxes since the move. The Nendo# 378+BD Vol.7 bundle, Rebirth1 & 2 LE for Vita, LE PS3 versions of the first 3 games, JP version of Noire LE game with nendo-petit of Noire, both badges/pins set from NISA, every piece of art NISA had, framed (used my own frame, because F*** paying additional $75 for their frame, lol), every art book, JP and otherwise, all the manga, the Neptunia plush from NISA. Only thing I don't have is the BluRays (except 7, obv.) and I just ordered the US LE BD's off Funimation. I'm sure there's more...

I'm not even gonna go there with my God Eater shit...

Corgi

Banned
oh god. somehow ended up looking at neptunia dakimakuras.

my purity is ruined.

anywhere have those nepnep ps4's up for preorder? I'm a bit drunk atm... and still dont' have a ps4 yet so...

SerTapTap

I still need to actually look at all these art books and things. People need to stop making games, it's unfair. I can't keep up. The manga I read was alright, though it's a shame so much of their "extended universe" or whatever stuff is just remixed content from the games.

oh god. somehow ended up looking at neptunia dakimakuras.

Don't buy knockoff crap, dog.
fucking ebay is full of them no matter what nep merch I search. And I'm sure they're all unoffical, none are Tsunako

pooptest

I still need to actually look at all these art books and things. People need to stop making games, it's unfair. I can't keep up. The manga I read was alright, though it's a shame so much of their "extended universe" or whatever stuff is just remixed content from the games.

fucking ebay is full of them no matter what nep merch I search. And I'm sure they're all unoffical, none are Tsunako

Ya, I think the normal dimensions of a dakimakura are 160cm x 50cm or something; 150x50 is a knock-off. At least, from what I've been told/learned.

Oh man, I forgot to even go into the figs. I have all the Neptunia figures too (and Noire) lol... It never ends and my wallet always hurt. Whom hurt the most was Ciel (GE2; http://myfigurecollection.net/item/175846) and Purple Heart (Wing; http://myfigurecollection.net/item/166975). Damn, dem fig costs.

Corgi

Banned

ah no wonder. these crotches are too well drawn. can't be tsunako :p

Maid

Banned
I REALLY wish they were selling these as faceplates not limited editions. I'd love that cover but Im' going to use the 20th anni PS4 anyway and I just can't blow >$400 to import a third PS4 for a cover.

Can the faceplate be replaced easily? That Noire's one look pretty great, but I really don't have any intention of shelling another $400 for that alone.

Vylash

http://www.compileheart.com/recruit/neptune/

If you've ever wanted to be part of the glorious development of Nep-Nep, now's your chance. Seems like IF and/or CH are looking to recruit and bolster their development staff. Next Neptunia title confirmed to be AAA gaming experience.
tumblr_m1uookk2vw1rs4buoo1_500.png

Mandelbo

Which of the main entries would be best to start with? I've heard that 2 isn't as good as the rest, but is there a need to play these games in order?

HGH

Banned
http://www.compileheart.com/recruit/neptune/

If you've ever wanted to be part of the glorious development of Nep-Nep, now's your chance. Seems like IF and/or CH are looking to recruit and bolster their development staff. Next Neptunia title confirmed to be AAA gaming experience.
Oh boy, Japan here I come! Now I just gotta learn Japanese in 1 week and I'll be set...
Also IFI has an internship for someone with image editing knowledge so all you Californians could apply to that instead.
This is odd though. They're not kicking or replacing anyone right? Just increasing their staff? There also seem to be a couple gendered requests, they want specifically male 3D modelers and cutscene creators. I wonder why? Then again from a couple pictures I've seen they seem to have a lot of female employees compared to other companies.

Which of the main entries would be best to start with? I've heard that 2 isn't as good as the rest, but is there a need to play these games in order?
ReBirth 1 or 2 are good starting points. None of the games are really connected and even when they are, it's not in an important way at all(it'll be a single throwaway line or scene for example).
ReBirth 1 is more comedic but has weird difficulty jumps here and there. ReBirth 2 is an all around bigger better balanced game but the plot's way more serious about itself which some people dislike(it's slated to get a PC release eventually though).
There's really no reason to play the original entries anymore unless you really, REALLY want to inflict them on yourself.

SerTapTap

Can the faceplate be replaced easily? That Noire's one look pretty great, but I really don't have any intention of shelling another $400 for that alone.

Well, yes, the faceplate's just a little removable cover for the HDD slot, I've removed it without issue. Being able to buy it AS a faceplate is the problem, I doubt there will be many people buying the LE then selling only the faceplate and if they do they're going to charge a few hundred dollars or something I'm sure.

Ya, I think the normal dimensions of a dakimakura are 160cm x 50cm or something; 150x50 is a knock-off. At least, from what I've been told/learned.

Oh man, I forgot to even go into the figs. I have all the Neptunia figures too (and Noire) lol... It never ends and my wallet always hurt. Whom hurt the most was Ciel (GE2; http://myfigurecollection.net/item/175846) and Purple Heart (Wing; http://myfigurecollection.net/item/166975). Damn, dem fig costs.

In the case of these, it's a bit obvious just because the ones that litter ebay when I'm trying to purchase official products are clearly the work of some generic hentai artist and not Tsunako. You can tell in seconds, eyes are wrong, faces are wrong, hair's wrong, everything's wrong.

The figures are garbage so far. The best one is the purple heart (which still has a meh face) and there's no way I'm spending $400+ on it. Only good ones are the Nendo and to a lesser extent the noire minifig. Dunno what the fuck they're thinking, super limited release of this, TERRIBLE face on that, just give me good figures, I WANT to give you money. The Uni/Nepgear ones are a great idea, but the colors are too muted and the faces are wrong, especially Uni. I can't pay >$100 on a figure that'd be disappointing if I spent $50 on it. I've got $25 Sonico prize figures that are more accurate.

Taking my first steps into the Hyperdimension with Re;Birth 1... I've heard there's some nasty difficulty spikes. If I want to make it as easy as possible, the main things are enabling the Weaken Enemies Plan and equipping everyone with Life Rings, right? Any other tips?

Corgi

Banned
Taking my first steps into the Hyperdimension with Re;Birth 1... I've heard there's some nasty difficulty spikes. If I want to make it as easy as possible, the main things are enabling the Weaken Enemies Plan and equipping everyone with Life Rings, right? Any other tips?

nah, you should be good.

SerTapTap

Just run through all the optional dungeons too for a bit of extra experience, and be sure to save if there's a save crystal right before an event. Rush attacks to build EXE are important too. I generally don't bother using Break, just Rush and Power. Normal enemies die before getting Break, and with bosses I usually Break them by spamming skills or EXE instead.

pooptest

Well, yes, the faceplate's just a little removable cover for the HDD slot, I've removed it without issue. Being able to buy it AS a faceplate is the problem, I doubt there will be many people buying the LE then selling only the faceplate and if they do they're going to charge a few hundred dollars or something I'm sure.

In the case of these, it's a bit obvious just because the ones that litter ebay when I'm trying to purchase official products are clearly the work of some generic hentai artist and not Tsunako. You can tell in seconds, eyes are wrong, faces are wrong, hair's wrong, everything's wrong.

The figures are garbage so far. The best one is the purple heart (which still has a meh face) and there's no way I'm spending $400+ on it. Only good ones are the Nendo and to a lesser extent the noire minifig. Dunno what the fuck they're thinking, super limited release of this, TERRIBLE face on that, just give me good figures, I WANT to give you money. The Uni/Nepgear ones are a great idea, but the colors are too muted and the faces are wrong, especially Uni. I can't pay >$100 on a figure that'd be disappointing if I spent $50 on it. I've got $25 Sonico prize figures that are more accurate.

I don't think I even paid $140 for the Wing version when it was released. The people paying $400 for it is their own fault. It was up for pre-order on a number of sites (I got mine from Amiami). The aftermarket stuff for Neptunia is crazy, so if people really wanted it at the time, they should've pre-ordered it.

And yes, the Uni/Nep aren't the greatest quality, but it's the only figures of them that are really coming out. There's hardly any Neptunia figures. 1 nendoroid, 1 nendoroid petite, 3 Purple Heart figs, Uni, and a black heart. Considering how long the series has been around, they haven't milked it much, surprisingly.

Edit: this is tempting, but ~$55... Bleh
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=GOODS-00029640&page=top

SerTapTap

I don't think I even paid $140 for the Wing version when it was released. The people paying $400 for it is their own fault. It was up for pre-order on a number of sites (I got mine from Amiami). The aftermarket stuff for Neptunia is crazy, so if people really wanted it at the time, they should've pre-ordered it.

Not everyone was there for launch, I only became familiar with the series starting with Mk2's localization and wasn't into figures until about last year. Regardless the prices seem to indicate major under production. I wouldn't mind them "milking" the franchise with (quality) figures at all, the current situation is pretty meh. I'd love them to get Phat scales and Nendos of the main cast and maybe a series of minifigs of everyone.

I'm kinda meh on wall scrolls but dang that's a fair size. If only I could have bought that Histoire/Compa one I saw...only saw it on one store sold out. AmiAmi kinda sucks, I can't add anything to or view my wishlist right now, just logs me out.

And if you want to influence a Nep game now, IFI is going to host a closed beta for Rebirth 2 PC. Free copies for your bug reports.

Already mailed 'em, will happily complain at them

HGH

Banned
Requisite Twitter/Facebook April 1st joke:
IF and Compile Heart have been so impressed by our art that they've decided to incorporate it into a BRAND NEW GAME! We're super excited to announce HyperKART Neptunia, our first-ever racing game! It'll feature your favorite CPUs and more in a whole new art direction! Coming Spring 2016!

1Ln6S4F.jpg

Funny thing is, I've seen people actually ask for this a bunch.

jonno394

Haha love verts "vehicle" would totally buy that.

Just about to finish chapter 6 in hyperdevotion noire. Really fun game. So glad I'm not bothered about trophies because the grind seems extensive.

HGH

Banned
Oh right, investment. You have to build the roads connecting areas as well as upgrade the cities. The domains you upgrade are commercial, industrial, and public relations. There's a gauge that displays their level, and each level has 10 ranks before going up. They cite a couple examples of effects you might get for each upgrade:

1. commercial: increases amount of items available (some items are sold in limited supply)
  2. industrial: increases amount of items that can be developed (you may not have to find the recipe for an item for example)
  3. public relations: increases shares, gives free items, and might also...broadcast a special program? Even the description seems confused.
Item development: you can buy recipes in shops or find them in dungeons, you get materials the usual way (treasures, enemies). Some items have to be made and can't be purchased after being synthesized.

Also, something I noticed in all the footage going around, but it doesn't look like you're healed for free anymore when exiting dungeons. If you want to recover, you have to head back to a safe location first (it still seems free and automated though). Seems like an additional step/risk factor I guess, to prevent from going between dungeons nonstop, since there's also the possibility of random encounters when moving between dungeons.

This game seems really money focused huh? Hope it's not a grind. The roads looked pretty cheap to build from screenshots at least.
Clearly this is deep commentary on the state of the industry and how financing games works! Although jokes aside, there is that one money obsessed robot that's basically Metacritic...

Corgi

Banned
don't know, loli histy from V is pretty great.

wonder if she's gonna talk in emoticons this time. They can't seem to ever decide if Histy should or shouldn't do that.

SerTapTap

iffy international dropped some localized screenies of Nepnep U. Not sure if I like this font as being the default font for all their games

PR email went out at the same time, I asked if a date's coming soon

need these made somehow

neptdoll.jpg

Where is histy. But I would buy all of these
hopefully they'd be better quality than the neptune one though

Corgi

Banned
Neptune and Peashy ones are available, problem is they were a special prize in Japan or something and I've never found them listed for much less than £200 each. NIS America have a replica Neptune doll for $30 on their store, nowhere near as good quality but it still looks good. They don't ship outside the US though

http://store.nisamerica.com/merchand...une-plush-doll

not bad... until $7 for shipping... slightly more pricey than i'd like :<

Top Bottom