• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Community |OT| Pudding Pls (*´`) () (^o^)

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
^ Neptune sure looks a lot more like Nepgear when older. Who's supposed to be the older sister again? :p

SerTapTap

weird... that nendo is only part of the anime set?

would totally buy if sold separate.

Yes. You can buy it separate though (it just costs $95 on ebay). They've done a lot of baffling things with their merch, way too much is limited edition only. And they don't localize their merch much. Hopefully IFI is planning to change that. They need more figures, of better quality. Properly released nendos of the main 4 would be a good start. Possibly substitute Nepgear for Neptune since she technically has one.

^ Neptune sure looks a lot more like Nepgear when older. Who's supposed to be the older sister again? :p

That's the joke, Nepgear is taller, looks and (mostly) acts more mature than Neptune. Then again my cat acts more mature than Neptune.

Shizuka

Then again my cat acts more mature than Neptune.

funny-cat-lolcat-mature.jpg

SeZMehK

I didn't know there was an anime for this series until I saw it in this thread. I saw the first episode last night. I liked the animation style of the show. The VAs sound familar, are they the actual ones from the game?

SerTapTap

I might have gotten the anime blu ray set WITH the Neptune Nendoroid...finally...I think. I won't know for a month because yay international shipping. I just hope this listing was accurate because four others I inquired about weren't and the only real difference here was they said yes the figure is included when I asked. Considering my luck I'm half expecting it to ONLY be the figure since all other listings for the blu ray+ figure were missing the figure. Importing can be scary.

The Neptunia books thing was such a crazy good get I was willing to risk a little though. Can't believe how good of shape these books are in.

I didn't know there was an anime for this series until I saw it in this thread. I saw the first episode last night. I liked the animation style of the show. The VAs sound familar, are they the actual ones from the game?

I think so but I dunno the Japanese cast. The english dub is getting most of the English game cast as well, which is great. BTW don't watch the whole anime if you haven't beaten the first 3 games, there's spoilers especially for the third game and an alternate ending of 2, both are pretty big twists even if the games aren't usually known for their stories.

SeZMehK

I might have gotten the anime blu ray set WITH the Neptune Nendoroid...finally...I think. I won't know for a month because yay international shipping. I just hope this listing was accurate because four others I inquired about weren't and the only real difference here was they said yes the figure is included when I asked. Considering my luck I'm half expecting it to ONLY be the figure since all other listings for the blu ray+ figure were missing the figure. Importing can be scary.

The Neptunia books thing was such a crazy good get I was willing to risk a little though. Can't believe how good of shape these books are in.

I think so but I dunno the Japanese cast. The english dub is getting most of the English game cast as well, which is great. BTW don't watch the whole anime if you haven't beaten the first 3 games, there's spoilers especially for the third game and an alternate ending of 2, both are pretty big twists even if the games aren't usually known for their stories.

I beat the first two. Never got around to the third even though I have the lunchbox set! I am waiting for it to come to vita. I don't mind being spoiled I guess...

SerTapTap

I guess I got lucky with mine. Saw one (legit) up for bid, ended up winning the Nendo for like $45 >_> Pretty much MSRP Nendo price :)

How does everyone find these except me? Someone saw them cheap on amiami too, but gone now of course. I found nothing. Though it's not a bad price if this blu ray set is complete.

pooptest

How does everyone find these except me? Someone saw them cheap on amiami too, but gone now of course. I found nothing. Though it's not a bad price if this blu ray set is complete.

Are you guys referring to Purple Heart nendo (#378) that came with Vol. 7 of the BD/DVD? I ordered mine off Amazon from a seller in Japan. I paid $65, but damn... the prices lately for it.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member

Are you guys referring to Purple Heart nendo (#378) that came with Vol. 7 of the BD/DVD? I ordered mine off Amazon from a seller in Japan. I paid $65, but damn... the prices lately for it.

Yeah it's the Nendo, and honestly, you just need to be lucky. Looks like I got mine in November and at the time, it was the only cheap one and I didn't have any competition with bids, I guess. I did do a higher bid, like up to 50-60 at the time, but didn't need to. I was actually pretty surprised I got it for so cheap :x Next one listed was around 70-80, and I guess they've been getting even more sparse.

My Noire figure can keep her company when it comes in. Didn't realize those sold out on Iffy's Store in like 5 mins!

SerTapTap

My Noire figure can keep her company when it comes in. Didn't realize those sold out on Iffy's Store in like 5 mins!

That fast? lol I had my finger on the trigger so I managed to get one. Little disapointed by no free shipping but eh it beats buying a Japanese LE or buying the figure for $75 off ebay

I want nendo's out of every cpu form in Noire srpg.

Prefer Noire's pre-Victory outfit. Hers is probably my least favorite of the Victory stock outfits. I get they were going for PS1 but eh

Vanguard

I was bought the nendo with the blu-ray for my birthday last year, feel pretty damn lucky to have it! Really love the styling of the blu-ray case too. I wanted the noire one as well but being EU I don't think I was allowed to try and get it, not like I would have had any chance anyway due to it selling out so fast. Ah well, I'll just have to pay the price in the future for it most likely!

SerTapTap

I was bought the nendo with the blu-ray for my birthday last year, feel pretty damn lucky to have it! Really love the styling of the blu-ray case too. I wanted the noire one as well but being EU I don't think I was allowed to try and get it, not like I would have had any chance anyway due to it selling out so fast. Ah well, I'll just have to pay the price in the future for it most likely!

Funimation is making a non-LE set for the west so you can get it with that (with a dub with most of the dub actresses from the game). The LEs were only japanese only and a huge pain to get now

Edit: What the fuck, I have a watch on Neptunia Figure on ebay and people just keep making things unreasonably more expensive. Someone has the volume 7 DVD + nendo for $440. You can buy them separate from like 10 people for ~$90 each, not that that's not also expensive.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
That fast? lol I had my finger on the trigger so I managed to get one. Little disapointed by no free shipping but eh it beats buying a Japanese LE or buying the figure for $75 off ebay

Yeah I was reading that it sold out anywhere between 5-10 minutes. There was at least 200 or so, judging by order numbers. Some guy on Facebook sounded pissed since his browser I guess had issues and the "add to cart" never showed up, but since it was the only issue I heard of, with everyone else having the site run smooth, was probably an issue on their end. I'm glad Iffy's Store is running real nice now. Got the email for the Omega Quintet LE going up April 2nd, and it looks great!

And yeah, a bit of shipping is nothing compared to the import price. Plus it comes in a nice box :)

SerTapTap

Yeah, the box is great.

Looks like I'll be ordering round 2 of Neptunia books...there's a guide and set of manga that the seller I got the first box from, they didn't have it when I bought before. Need to hit $100 for free shipping, will have to find some other stuff to add.

pooptest

Yeah it's the Nendo, and honestly, you just need to be lucky. Looks like I got mine in November and at the time, it was the only cheap one and I didn't have any competition with bids, I guess. I did do a higher bid, like up to 50-60 at the time, but didn't need to. I was actually pretty surprised I got it for so cheap :x Next one listed was around 70-80, and I guess they've been getting even more sparse.

Ya, I got the Vol.7 BD LE bundle that came with the figure. Picked it up in August of last year. I haven't even opened either one yet. They're still attached or whatever. When I get time...
I didn't realize they'd sky rocket in price. I guess I should be thankful for the price I paid. They were up on N-Y for a bit, I think.

I got the Noire figure they put up, but feel like it's pointless, since I have the one that came with the JP LE version. Oh well, duplicates XD.

SerTapTap

I still need to get back to Noire. I should have time after this axiom verge review is done. Gotta do Firefly Diary too. And look through all these books sometime. And learn Japanese. Maybe the last one can wait.

OMG Aero

Today I finished rebirth 2 and got the best ending (spoilers for that one ending in mk2/rebirth 2 I guess but everyone must know about it by now). I really liked how the disgusted the oracles are with you.
I think my favourite part of that ending though is when I was playing I had the plan turned on that triggers random lines of dialogue from your party whenever you open a menu or select something, and every single time I opened the menu to save after
killing a CPU
Falcom said "Not bad!" in a cheerful voice.

jonno394

Finished chapter 5 of Hyperdevotion Noire. Really enjoying it but I've heard you need to be level 80-90 to fight the final boss and that it requires a lot of grinding to get to this because just finishing each Mission/submission only gets you to level 60 or so.

I didn't mind the grinding in rebirth as doing dungeon runs was quick and fun. Replaying missions in Noire doesn't have the same allure atm.

Flunkie

Banned
Hey cool. An OT. I just started Rebirth 1. Grindy so far. And brutal difficulty spikes. And I lost an hour to not saving because you have to save through the Vita UI which I just hate doing, it's so tedious. I wish it was like Soul Sacrifice Delta where it asked if you wanted to save after a mission and then did it without bringing up the UI.

BLERGH

SerTapTap

Hey cool. An OT. I just started Rebirth 1. Grindy so far. And brutal difficulty spikes. And I lost an hour to not saving because you have to save through the Vita UI which I just hate doing, it's so tedious. I wish it was like Soul Sacrifice Delta where it asked if you wanted to save after a mission and then did it without bringing up the UI.

BLERGH

When you see a save point in a dungeon right before an exclamation point you should probably save, they're often before bosses. Reb 1 has annoying difficulty spikes but it's not something the series is prone to. It's actually very frustrating because it makes it a bit hard to recommend to people because they'll get the wrong idea. Rebirth 2 and Victory are much smoother difficulty curves.

Anywhere I can get plutia plushies?

I need the Histoire doll hat thing that nepgear (I think) gets

Yup, they still do :)

It's a pretty awesome (and large) plush :)

Hm, tempting but I don't really care for the face

pooptest

BLERGH

Ya, I'm playing it on the PC atm, and the damage the mobs do is super random. Example: I just finished the chapter 3 boss (I think it's 3, idk, I don't want to give away spoilers describing the boss), but he was doing like 500 damage on one of my HDD mode party members. Then when he was near death he was doing 4k+. And that's almost all my HP! So far, I've reloaded saves when someone has died so I've had 0 KO's (aside from story-forced) registered. Anal retentive of myself, I know.

But anyways, it's really fun and I don't mind the grindiness of it, but the damage spikes are hugely annoying.

OMG Aero

I'm not sure if I should post this here or in the rebirth 2 thread but I need help figuring out how to get all the endings in that game.
I already got the conquest ending out of the way and the trophy guide I'm following advises to get the holy sword ending next, then on the playthrough after that get the normal, human, nation, and true endings. Then later on in the same guide it says that the requirements for the normal ending are to have lily ranks below 4, but if I get the holy sword ending before that then my lily ranks would already be at 8.
Is the normal ending something you can lock yourself out like the conquest ending is, or is the guide wrong about the requirements?

SerTapTap

I'm not sure if I should post this here or in the rebirth 2 thread but I need help figuring out how to get all the endings in that game.
I already got the conquest ending out of the way and the trophy guide I'm following advises to get the holy sword ending next, then on the playthrough after that get the normal, human, nation, and true endings. Then later on in the same guide it says that the requirements for the normal ending are to have lily ranks below 4, but if I get the holy sword ending before that then my lily ranks would already be at 8.
Is the normal ending something you can lock yourself out like the conquest ending is, or is the guide wrong about the requirements?

To get the normal ending you must simply fail to qualify for ALL other endings. Ideally you get the Normal ending first when everyone's lily rank is too low anyway and it's very simple, but it's impossible to permanently lock yourself out of it.

Since the Human Ending requires all nations to have individual shares below 70%, you can simply pump up one of the other nations to >70% without recruiting their CPU, which makes their ending impossible. Note that you'll have to pick a nation other than Planeptune since Neptune is automatically recruited.

I strongly recommend making a separate save right before doing the share grinding to get all the endings/trophies and only actually saving NG+ after the true/holy sword/conquest endings. This unfortunately leaves gaps in your Gallery page for those ending CGs but whatever.

pooptest

Can someone tell me if I'm doing something wrong?

I'm at Halo Mountain right now, Lv27 (see attached picture). and I'm getting whomped all over the place.

Example: I was fighting three butterflies... Between IF's, Compa's, and Neptune's attacks I killed 2. The 3rd hit IF for 2k, went viral, then hit her for 4k. Should I be taking this much damage?

If anyone wants to see my gear, let me know (all 3 have Life Rings, though). It's getting really aggravating. I mean, I have 3 EXE bars full and I could waste and burn a bunch of shit, but I don't think I should have to...

http://i.imgur.com/naO4n7y.png

SerTapTap

I'm at Halo Mountain right now, Lv27 (see attached picture). and I'm getting whomped all over the place.

Example: I was fighting three butterflies... Between IF's, Compa's, and Neptune's attacks I killed 2. The 3rd hit IF for 2k, went viral, then hit her for 4k. Should I be taking this much damage?

If anyone wants to see my gear, let me know (all 3 have Life Rings, though). It's getting really aggravating. I mean, I have 3 EXE bars full and I could waste and burn a bunch of shit, but I don't think I should have to...

Actually using IF and Compa is probably Problem #1. They're...probably the worst characters in the game, possibly excepting some Makers. Viral enemies can also be surprisingly dangerous. I can't say I recall a specific difficulty spike there, but I know the drill well enough. Are you doing optional dungeons? They seem to expect you to work on plans and run through the optional dungeons. Make sure you have all the latest gear possible, I usually just buy the best physical defense items for my main crew, weapons for all, life rings as you already know.

BTW, the plan to make the game easier/harder has no other repercussions. It's not like Disgaea where you get lower reward for using a weaken enemies bill. So that's a tiny mercy (I don't know how much easier it really makes it though, it didn't seem super noticable)

pooptest

Actually using IF and Compa is probably Problem #1. They're...probably the worst characters in the game, possibly excepting some Makers. Viral enemies can also be surprisingly dangerous. I can't say I recall a specific difficulty spike there, but I know the drill well enough. Are you doing optional dungeons? They seem to expect you to work on plans and run through the optional dungeons. Make sure you have all the latest gear possible, I usually just buy the best physical defense items for my main crew, weapons for all, life rings as you already know.

Let me screenshot the gear of my main's real quick...

http://i.imgur.com/aYpIlOH.png

Vylash

viral enemies are very broken, trust me it's not you

pooptest

viral enemies are very broken, trust me it's not you

Sometimes even non-viral mobs. Another example would be bosses. They do like 700~1500 damage when I first start fighting them. When I get them down to ~25% HP left, they start doing like 4k/hit.

That's the main reason I use Life Rings... Is the damage %-based, so if I switch to STR or DEF gear it wouldn't 1-shot me?

pooptest

This is the source.

Don't know if it'll get localized when I think about it, but at the end of the day what's the difference between a Japanese PS4 and a US PS4? They're all region free, right? I wouldn't mind investing in a JP system just to get that delicious noire PS4.

Girlfriend would kill me for buying that. I already have a launch PS4 and she has the 20th anniversary LE one. I wish they would just sell the damn plate by itself...

And no difference getting JP PS4 vs US one. Everything is region-free!!! (Except for some China stuff... or something)

HGH

Banned
Seems to be Japan only for now. You can probably find it online, there were some websites mentioned in the VII thread.

Speaking of which, a boss suddenly using stronger attacks when low on health shouldn't be surprising. It's like, standard JRPG procedure. It seems jarring cause the animations are a bit underwhelming really. Try and line up your turns and chain together EXEs to get rid of that last 30% of health in one go.

pooptest

Seems to be Japan only for now. You can probably find it online, there were some websites mentioned in the VII thread.

Speaking of which, a boss suddenly using stronger attacks when low on health shouldn't be surprising. It's like, standard JRPG procedure. It seems jarring cause the animations are a bit underwhelming really. Try and line up your turns and chain together EXEs to get rid of that last 30% of health in one go.

I'm thinking I should switch up my team...

Does anyone know if I get Noire back? I miss her...

Girlfriend would kill me for buying that. I already have a launch PS4 and she has the 20th anniversary LE one. I wish they would just sell the damn plate by itself...

And no difference getting JP PS4 vs US one. Everything is region-free!!! (Except for some China stuff... or something)

Just as I expected! I am getting it then. Why not just sell your PS4 anyway and pool that towards one of these? It is just simply a matter of re-installing and redownloading your stuff when you log in to PSN, right?

flohen95

This is the source.

Don't know if it'll get localized when I think about it, but at the end of the day what's the difference between a Japanese PS4 and a US PS4? They're all region free, right? I wouldn't mind investing in a JP system just to get that delicious noire PS4.

Circle will be confirm and X will be cancel on Asian PlayStation systems. I think there's a button remap option on PS4, but that would mean that you change around the in-game usage of those two buttons as well.

In the end though, it's not a big deal - I actually prefer confirming with the rightmost button (because of Nintendo showing me that it's the correct way to do it :p). Just a heads up in case you didn't know.

SerTapTap

Slacking on dat PS4 purchase since I wanted to get it for less than $350 but I'm going to end up buying this

7oJ24Vc.jpg

I REALLY wish they were selling these as faceplates not limited editions. I'd love that cover but Im' going to use the 20th anni PS4 anyway and I just can't blow >$400 to import a third PS4 for a cover.

This is the source.

Region free, I think the only problem would be the ol' X vs O issue for the main menu.

I'm thinking I should switch up my team...

Does anyone know if I get Noire back? I miss her...

you get to keep everyone...eventually...the first games really take their time to actually give you your party members. If you bought the DLC, Plutia is pretty OP.

Top Bottom